F1 2020 TyreTempMod - Realistic  temperature, grip, wear, strategy

Misc F1 2020 TyreTempMod - Realistic temperature, grip, wear, strategy v1.7

Login or Register an account to download this content
I'd also appreciate if you could paste the show the individual lines that get edited in the XML, if you have that available.

I'm interested to see what the lines specifically do.

• Deleted member 408599

The problem is that there are many lines, and I only knew how to change them 1x1. It’s a mess because many of the lines are called the same, but they have different types of numbers... The author is the only one who knows exactly what they are. It would be necessary to know not only the lines, but in which they affect each... As I said, I don’t know, otherwise I would. Anyway, the author adapts it to people’s criticism and improves it.

If I want to increase the actual fall of in times with higher tirewear how do I do that? I kinda went nuts adjusting the wearrate for fun and found even on 70% worn tires it was still only 1 sec off

That part is controlled in the tyre grip section. The wear rate controls how fast it will move along these values.
The problem you have to watch is if the grip drops off to fast the ai will pit. And it's not clever enough to know which sets of tyres it has used. So for example if you make the soft tyre the best it will keep using them over and over, even if they have already been used and then put mediums on for 3 or 4 laps at end to keep with the rules.

It's all a real balancing act

andyandy989898 updated F1 2020 TyreTempMod with a new update entry:

Tyre Temp Mod v4.2B

Alternate Version to 4.2A

Softer tyres made slightly more favoured so dont get top 10 running softs and rest running medium or hards.

Now most ai run softs at start with a few trying medium or hard. But ai change onto many different strategies at first round of pits stops This seems more inline with RL races.

Wear rate also slightly adjusted.

Not planning any more changes. Whatever is most favoured (A or B) will become final version

Enjoy and happy racing

Read the rest of this update entry...

Tyre Temp Mod v4.1B

Softer tyres made slightly more favoured so dont get top 10 running softs and rest running medium or hards.

Now most ai run softs at start with a few trying medium or hard. But ai change onto many different strategies at first round of pits stops This seems more inline with RL races.

Not planning any more changes. Whatever is most favoured (A or B) will become final version

Enjoy and happy racing

Tyre Temp Mod v4.2B

Enjoy and happy racing

Hey Andy,

Is it possible to make a version where the tire temperature variations aren't so drastic amongst corners and straights? 4.2A was a really good version but I still think the temperature swings are very drastic - I'm getting around 30-40 degree changes between corners and straights. Maybe something around 20-25 degree changes?

I have not tried as I think there might be an issue in that to make that work the lowest temp would need to be higher and to do that the tyre needs to retain its heat more. So then when the tyres heat up you might find they stay hot and overheat for long periods of the lap. Grip and wear would be terrible. The other way would be to make the tyre require alot of energy to heat up, then I think you would find the tyre temperature never really changes. That's what codemasters did for base game and why it isn't really a factor in the game.

• Deleted member 408599

Thank you very much indeed!! Your work is appreciated. It will be my favorite for sure. Greetings!!!

Edit: This mod is amazing, but the soft tires if spend immediately, and have no grip :(

Edit 2: "2017_HSOR" and "0.78" Wear rate of soft tires. I lowered it from 0.78, and now last longer. Temperatures and everything else leave it the same as it is very good.

Last edited by a moderator:
im finding the practice programs are all crazy hard - borderline impossible.. but the racepace of the ai is very slow.
One other problem - fuel consumption is super low. I can run the race starting at -5.0 laps and still finish with excess fuel (running standard mix...) not sure what that is about

but nice variety of strategies from the ai is good to see on 50% races. Surely does make it interesting

• Deleted member 408599

im finding the practice programs are all crazy hard - borderline impossible.. but the racepace of the ai is very slow.
One other problem - fuel consumption is super low. I can run the race starting at -5.0 laps and still finish with excess fuel (running standard mix...) not sure what that is about

but nice variety of strategies from the ai is good to see on 50% races. Surely does make it interesting
As far as I know, this mod doesn’t alter fuel consumption...

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.