F1 2020 TyreTempMod - Realistic  temperature, grip, wear, strategy

Misc F1 2020 TyreTempMod - Realistic temperature, grip, wear, strategy v1.7

Login or Register an account to download this content
Did a lot of practice sessions and this was my thoughts:

• Medium Tires wear way too fast. I was getting nearly 10% wear per lap - way too high. I would expect that from Softs, but not Mediums.
  • Front Tire Temperatures skyrocket way too high just after 1 or 2 turns, and then cool insanely drastically (down to the 70s on a straight).
  • Rear Tires Temperatures were the opposite - they seem impossible to heat up to even normal values and then cool drastically on a straight, even with maxed out Rear Tire Temps in the setup.
The mod seems great if those few issues could be ironed out.

Did a lot of practice sessions and this was my thoughts:

• Medium Tires wear way too fast. I was getting nearly 10% wear per lap - way too high. I would expect that from Softs, but not Mediums.
  • Front Tire Temperatures skyrocket way too high just after 1 or 2 turns, and then cool insanely drastically (down to the 70s on a straight).
  • Rear Tires Temperatures were the opposite - they seem impossible to heat up to even normal values and then cool drastically on a straight, even with maxed out Rear Tire Temps in the setup.
The mod seems great if those few issues could be ironed out.
Great feedback thanks

Can you confirm track and car so I can test.

I have slowed down heating and cooling ( in version not released yet) but I think they should cool over straights. One to prevent overheating and also because they do that due to air cooling.

Thanks

Great feedback thanks

Can you confirm track and car so I can test.

I have slowed down heating and cooling ( in version not released yet) but I think they should cool over straights. One to prevent overheating and also because they do that due to air cooling.

Thanks

This was my MyTeam car (season 3) on the China circuit.

I agree they should obviously heat and cool, but on the Softs, for example, they'd skyrocket to 105 after 1 or 2 turns and then cool to 70 on the straight (with setup front tire pressures in the middle). Honestly that might be realistic, but it doesn't make for a good game experience. It makes the car insanely wishy-washy around every corner since you have no idea what to expect.

My hunch is that they'd should heat/cool a max of 10-15 degrees around the circuit at race pace. Right now they are cooling to stone cold temperatures. Like I said, I was hitting 105 through a string of corners, and then on the straight they'd go down to 70s (which then makes it near impossible to steer the car around a tight turn after a straight). Maybe on a straight they should go down to around 90 if they are hitting that high on the corners? I'd say at least cut it in half of what it is now (for cooling).

• Deleted member 408599

Hello, if I copy the file "f1compounds.vcmpd.xml", to F1 2019, will I have a problem? I’ve tried it and apparently it works fine... but I wouldn’t know exactly. Greetings!!!

• Deleted member 408599

I'm pretty sure there is a dedicated 2019 version.
Hello, there is. But I don’t know if this is better because there was more feedback from more users.

andyandy989898 updated F1 2020 TyreTempMod with a new update entry:

Tyre Temp Mod v4.1A

Small update that might not be for everyone

Greater wear means when now 1 stopping you will have to take tyres to 65%-75% of life to make it work. I didn't like that at moment I could 1 stop and tyres would still be at 50% at pit window.
Makes 2 stop more of a better option if hard on tyres.

If happy with current wear rates then ignore this A version.

Thanks

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hello, if I copy the file "f1compounds.vcmpd.xml", to F1 2019, will I have a problem? I’ve tried it and apparently it works fine... but I wouldn’t know exactly. Greetings!!!

Need to copy the .ERP file not the XML.

There is a new section in the 2020 file so not sure how it will effect it. You might find the cars are different in 2019 so it won't feel the same. Worth a go though. Let me know if it works and I'll update the 2019 version

• Deleted member 408599

Need to copy the .ERP file not the XML.

There is a new section in the 2020 file so not sure how it will effect it. You might find the cars are different in 2019 so it won't feel the same. Worth a go though. Let me know if it works and I'll update the 2019 version
In F1 2019 I had the problem that the tyres were getting cold very soon and it was difficult to drive... I overwritten the XML numbers for F1 2020 V 4.1 , and moved them to F1 2019... And IT’S AMAZING!! The tires feel right at the point of heat/cold. It’s a blast. One of the best Mod to change the driving to more realistic. 10/10 Why not do this CM?

It is very laborious to pass the numbers, if you want ERP of 2019, and you check it... ;)

In F1 2019 I had the problem that the tyres were getting cold very soon and it was difficult to drive... I overwritten the XML numbers for F1 2020 V 4.1 , and moved them to F1 2019... And IT’S AMAZING!! The tires feel right at the point of heat/cold. It’s a blast. One of the best Mod to change the driving to more realistic. 10/10 Why not do this CM?

It is very laborious to pass the numbers, if you want ERP of 2019, and you check it... ;)

So you copied the data out of the 2020 xml and pasted into 2019 xml and exported that back into the 2019 ERP file?

On another topic, If anyone has any knowledge of file encryption I am looking for some help with another mod. The file containing the data seems to be encrypted and I have had no luck being able to read it.

Thanks

Andy

• Deleted member 408599

So you copied the data out of the 2020 xml and pasted into 2019 xml and exported that back into the 2019 ERP file?

Hello, not exactly. F1 2020 XML is a bit different... Just change the numbers you made for F1 2020, and I added 1x1 to the XML for f1 2019. It works perfectly, and I think it works just like F1 2020. The temperature doesn’t drop very fast on straight lines, and it’s more balanced. About the encrypted file, ask JBuron -he’s a good guy. Greetings!!!

• Deleted member 408599

Gotcha, I was going to say if you pasted everything across then it might cause issues as files are different.

Copying my changes over 1 X 1 must have been fun .

Thanks for info on help with file
Jajajajajaj, it was a lot of work... I think it took an hour. But it was worth it. If you want I pass the file and review it ( it will always be easier than return has to do so).

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.