F1 2020 TyreTempMod - Realistic  temperature, grip, wear, strategy

Misc F1 2020 TyreTempMod - Realistic temperature, grip, wear, strategy v1.7

Login or Register an account to download this content
andyandy989898 submitted a new resource:

F1 2020 TyreTempMod - Tyre Temperature mod

Hi all

I wasn't happy with how stable they are and always thought the track should have more effect on which is the best tyre.

So this mod now means you need to find the right tyre for the track depending on the track type. I would recommend using practice sessions to see how tyre wear is effected. Eg lots of fast long corners will overheat softer tyres. Long straights to cause harder tyres to cool quickly. Heavy braking will have an effect. Aggressive driving might be fast over an...

Read more about this resource...

Is there a way to change the grip of the tires only when the track is Wet?

Maybe the easiest way would just be to increase the grip of the Inter's and Wet tire compounds in the XML file? Is that possible?

Is there a way to change the grip of the tires only when the track is Wet?

Maybe the easiest way would just be to increase the grip of the Inter's and Wet tire compounds in the XML file? Is that possible?
Yes that's possible. You can control the grip of the tyre on the current track wetness. Are you saying you find there is not enough grip on wet tracks? I aimed to have a different feel in wet races rather than feel like a dry tyre

Yes that's possible. You can control the grip of the tyre on the current track wetness. Are you saying you find there is not enough grip on wet tracks? I aimed to have a different feel in wet races rather than feel like a dry tyre

My question was more in general. I haven't tried it with your mod yet, but I plan too.

My question was more for Wet races in the game in general. I just can't get used to Wet laps (I just can't ever seem to control the car in traction), so I was trying to think of a way to add a little bit of grip to the car when the track is Wet. I don't want to make it as good as when the track is Dry, but just increase the grip slightly in the Wet.

Do you happen to know where / which XML file I can go to edit the traction on the Wet and Inter tires?

Even moving the brake balance to rear and changing differential? That should keep the temperatures up.
I wanted each tyre compound to have advantages and disadvantages

Would moving brake bias or differential have any effect on the tire temperatures with the mod if you use Traction Control?

i really want to love this mod - it seems like it will add alot more variety to strategy, and variation of on track pace amongst the ai cars.

But i honestly am just struggling to drive with it. Rear tyres going cold in between corners using the hards. Just have 0 traction exiting corners... Tried increasing tyre pressures/diff settings without much luck. Any tips to be able to get tyre temps up?

edit: havent tried latest verson... will try it later today

Last edited:
Tired again last night grip levels much better and hards are heating up more. I agree strategies need abit of work. Soft runners came in on lap 4 put the hards on till the end and medium runners came in on lap 5/6 and put the hards on till the end too. This was on a 50% race.

i really want to love this mod - it seems like it will add alot more variety to strategy, and variation of on track pace amongst the ai cars.

But i honestly am just struggling to drive with it. Rear tyres going cold in between corners using the hards. Just have 0 traction exiting corners... Tried increasing tyre pressures/diff settings without much luck. Any tips to be able to get tyre temps up?

edit: havent tried latest verson... will try it later today

Alot of people also had rear temp issues. V3.5 should have fixed this. Let me know if that's not the case

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back