F1 2020 Modding Questions Thread

I have the same problem with 2019 Carlin car. I edit the decals file, save it, open it with transparency as an alpha channel, but what I do next? Do I keep it visible? Do i save it normally? I have tried leaving alpha channel visible, and not visible, and keeping just alpha channel visible, but no matter what I do, the car still appears white. Someone please help, because I just can't understand what is going on here,

I have the same problem with 2019 Carlin car. I edit the decals file, save it, open it with transparency as an alpha channel, but what I do next? Do I keep it visible? Do i save it normally? I have tried leaving alpha channel visible, and not visible, and keeping just alpha channel visible, but no matter what I do, the car still appears white. Someone please help, because I just can't understand what is going on here,
The alpha channel determines how the decal file is interpreted. You mention that you "edit the decals file, save it". IMHO, what you should be doing is the following:

1. edit the decals file
2. edit the alpha channel to reflect the new decal file
3. save the new decal file with alpha
4. Open the resulting exported .dds file, with transparency as an alpha, to double check that your new decal file is correct.

I am assuming that the image editor is Photoshop, and that the Intel Texture Works plugin is being used to create the .dds file.

The alpha channel determines how the decal file is interpreted. You mention that you "edit the decals file, save it". IMHO, what you should be doing is the following:

1. edit the decals file
2. edit the alpha channel to reflect the new decal file
3. save the new decal file with alpha
4. Open the resulting exported .dds file, with transparency as an alpha, to double check that your new decal file is correct.

I am assuming that the image editor is Photoshop, and that the Intel Texture Works plugin is being used to create the .dds file.
Is this correct?

Attachments

• alpha.png
    alpha.png
    150.2 KB · Views: 77
  • color.png
    color.png
    161.7 KB · Views: 66
Is this correct?
This is not right. :(

Screenshot 2021-05-23 105732.png

Everything should line up perfectly between the alpha and the decal. As you can see with the dashed lines in this image, the two are very different.

Your decal file doesn't look right either. The decals should all be sharp and colourful. These logos are blurry and mostly white.

lol, but that's exactly how the original files areI
Maybe, when I open the files, the alpha channel is always black by default in Photoshop. For example, when I create a number, I add the number on the regular layer, select it, go the the alpha channel and paint white... It's not bad but .... your technique is so clean, I love it!

Maybe, when I open the files, the alpha channel is always black by default in Photoshop. For example, when I create a number, I add the number on the regular layer, select it, go the the alpha channel and paint white... It's not bad but .... your technique is so clean, I love it!
Well, sometimes paint.net is just a bit handier ^^ I literally picked the original decal's alpha color and kept using it as a bottom layer.
1621889788641.png

1.png
2.png

Hi guys, in the first photo I have a strange issue with the racecrew glossiness. It has this sort of plastic effect. I have edited an original Haas s map and saved it like a bc3 linear color+alpha.
In the second one I don't know why the logo has this strange effect. I have checked in photoshop and the mode is RGB (so should be right) and saved it as a bc7 srgb color+alpha. Do they relate with a specific way of saving files? Did I miss somerhing? Logos have never been an issue until now.

PS I have the latest intel texture works
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
**Is it possible to import F1 2020 cars in F1 2019?

I've successfully imported F1 2018 cars in 2019, 2019 in 2020 but I can't get it to work. Any help?
Thank you!

hi, does anyone have any clue about what's gonna happen with EA's f1 2021 and .erp files? i know we're not wizards but there might be someone who edits ea games and can bring up some details of what we'll find out when the game comes out. thanks.

View attachment 477152View attachment 477153

Hi guys, in the first photo I have a strange issue with the racecrew glossiness. It has this sort of plastic effect. I have edited an original Haas s map and saved it like a bc3 linear color+alpha.
In the second one I don't know why the logo has this strange effect. I have checked in photoshop and the mode is RGB (so should be right) and saved it as a bc7 srgb color+alpha. Do they relate with a specific way of saving files? Did I miss somerhing? Logos have never been an issue until now.

PS I have the latest intel texture works
Thanks in advance
as far as I remember, you need to set to logo color to Red and Green in game. Someone correct me, if I’m wrong.

hi, does anyone have any clue about what's gonna happen with EA's f1 2021 and .erp files? i know we're not wizards but there might be someone who edits ea games and can bring up some details of what we'll find out when the game comes out. thanks.
We doesnt have any clue because the game isnt released... and still have no gameplay video. Its not impossible the game engine changes for f1 2021. Just looking at the Historical driver for the game, look more detailed than those in f1 2020. I aspect to see major changes about how everything is packed in game.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 25 23.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 23 21.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 20 18.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 10 9.3%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 5.6%