F1 2020 Modding Questions Thread

hey everyone, i havent really had much time to play the game when it came out and so i just started a myteam career mode and wanted to bring back the lotus f1 team, all good downloaded a livery, modded it into the game but i noticed the halo was quite plain, so i tried to add some logos to it in photoshop (i used very high resolution vectors). all seems good on photoshop and on the 3d model, but when i start up the game and play the logos added are very blurry and if i zoom in on photo mode i can see some red and green line thingies near the logo, is it something to do with specular maps? bear in mind i am completely new to this, i have a relatively ok knowledge of photoshop but completely new to f1 modding

Hmmm, I need a refresher on this question: Is it possible to change the matte finish on the Renault F1 car to have a Metallic/Chrome finish instead? If so, what are the settings I need to do in order to acheive this effect? For a lack of better terminology.

Hmmm, I need a refresher on this question: Is it possible to change the matte finish on the Renault F1 car to have a Metallic/Chrome finish instead? If so, what are the settings I need to do in order to acheive this effect? For a lack of better terminology.
It is only possible to make it chromish with a mod, that I not yet made public because I forget about it everytime :D

Hi. Can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong with this custom livery? The file is 4096x4096 and everything looks crisp. I'm exporting using Intel Texture Works and changing the Racenet livery in both myteam_honda and fom_car but in game the quality is very bad.

All feedback is appreciated.
Thanks.

Attachments

• F1_2020_dx12_AWvwGN6gT9.jpg
    F1_2020_dx12_AWvwGN6gT9.jpg
    307.3 KB · Views: 73
  • intelv2.png
    intelv2.png
    947.3 KB · Views: 76
Hi. Can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong with this custom livery? The file is 4096x4096 and everything looks crisp. I'm exporting using Intel Texture Works and changing the Racenet livery in both myteam_honda and fom_car but in game the quality is very bad.

All feedback is appreciated.
Thanks.
Are you sure you're using a honda engine for your myteam? NEWayz.. if you change the Racenet livery in all the myteam_ manufacturers this should fix your issue.

Hi again. I know this is the second livery related question in a row, but can anyone tell me where I went wrong with this custom livery? And what's the proper way to save the D and S files? I wanted to change the cars finish on this Renault. Also, keep in mind, I used the S from the Classic McLaren from 2008.

Attachments

• 1080110_20210503053815_1.png
    1080110_20210503053815_1.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 72
  • 1080110_20210503053845_1.png
    1080110_20210503053845_1.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 70
Last edited:
hey everyone, i havent really had much time to play the game when it came out and so i just started a myteam career mode and wanted to bring back the lotus f1 team, all good downloaded a livery, modded it into the game but i noticed the halo was quite plain, so i tried to add some logos to it in photoshop (i used very high resolution vectors). all seems good on photoshop and on the 3d model, but when i start up the game and play the logos added are very blurry and if i zoom in on photo mode i can see some red and green line thingies near the logo, is it something to do with specular maps? bear in mind i am completely new to this, i have a relatively ok knowledge of photoshop but completely new to f1 modding
anyone please?

anyone please?
A picture is worth a thousand words. ;) You'd probably get a response sooner if you attached an image. It's hard to know exactly what you're doing otherwise, but one of the most common recursively reported issues on here is blurry textures. It's almost always the result of not installing the livery into the fom car and all the myteam manufacturer .erps.

Hello everyone, is it possible to change driver ratings? Albon way too OP in my season. Is it possible to edit driver skills or can i just reduce albon pace (adding weight just for albon etc.)

Does anyone know how to change the colour of a team on the minimap and in the R&D Screen, for example make Aston Martin show up as Green rather than Pink on the Minimap and Leaderboard etc.
I'm here just to ask exactly the same question. I'm sorry because obviously I can't help you but I may help you get an answer asking again. Does anybody knows please? Maybe it's not possible but it will be great for season mods.

Hello everyone, is it possible to change driver ratings? Albon way too OP in my season. Is it possible to edit driver skills or can i just reduce albon pace (adding weight just for albon etc.)
I don't think you can modify Albon's weight inside the game :p:laugh: whilst for driver skills and pace, I think there are some performance mods around this forum that you can meddle with. One of them's called 2020 Realistic Performance mod if I'm not mistaken, feel free to use the search bar to find it

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 28 77.8%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 12 33.3%
  • No 3pa registration pages

Votes: 9 25.0%