F1 2020 Modding Questions Thread

ok but its turn all black to the car, livery not visible. my dds save setting has colour + Alpha and RGB DX10

Same issue as the previous user.

ok, only thing I can think of left to check is:
1. In the .psd file makes sure you have a single proper alpha channel. The alpha channel defines the edges of the decals. If you updated the decals you need to reflect those changes onto the alpha channel in your .psd file.
2. Make sure you are saving the .dds without layers and in the proper format with mip maps generated.

Beyond that I'm not sure what the issue is.

1. In the .psd file makes sure you have a single proper alpha channel. The alpha channel defines the edges of the decals. If you updated the decals you need to reflect those changes onto the alpha channel in your .psd file.
2. Make sure you are saving the .dds without layers and in the proper format with mip maps generated.

YOU LIFE SAVER! It was indeed the Alpha channel that I ommitted ... Turns out you can forget how to ride a bike hahaha. Thanks a lot. Its working fine now.

@Amir Hakiem , you have to add the alpha channel for your new livery.

Nice thanks, its work well on the car but something weird when i import the dds file like no decals there after rewrite the .tif file like no image. But after i check the car in the game it work well but. The exaust anything the metal colours things goes to RGB. Sould i do make an refelction or _s file in erp too?

I did in psd like make the alpha channel and make it on the eye there for all layers. So it is on the erp and the car.

Last edited:
Nice thanks, its work well on the car but something weird when i import the dds file like no decals there after rewrite the .tif file like no image. But after i check the car in the game it work well but. The exaust anything the metal colours things goes to RGB. Sould i do make an refelction or _s file in erp too?

I did in psd like make the alpha channel and make it on the eye there for all layers. So it is on the erp and the car.

Did you export the file using Intel Texture Works as .DDS BC3 SRGB (DX10+)?

I don't think decals have a _s file that need to be edited.

Can you show me your decal in photoshop right before export? (including alpha channel).

Can you show me your decal in photoshop right before export? (including alpha channel).

This is my dds save settings

Untitled.png

Untitled2.png

alpha channel

Untitled3.png

Problem with metal texture goes RGB. i use Haas chassis for my team career mode

F1_2020_photo_20210323_140042.png

but this is weird but works

Untitled4.png

Last edited:

Your alpha is all black. Its wrong. You need to do a proper one. It should look like this:

miTqZF5.png

how to make it like that? honestly im just started photoshop program to learn like this modding.

create new channel
then choose indicates : Masked areas

is that correct?

Last edited:
how to make it like that? honestly im just started photoshop program to learn like this modding.

create new channel
then choose indicates : Masked areas

is that correct?

What you need to do is make a general selection of your layers (Ctrl + Click on the layer thumbnail) , go to Channels and click on the button that says "Create channel from selection". The button is a rectangle with a circle in it (if Im not mistaken).

Let me know if you have any issues. We can arrange a Zoom call and Ill walk you through it.

There should be a user questions thread ...
  1. Why do people don't bother to read the overview page fully or at all?
  2. Why do people keep posting issues in reviews instead of the discussions, which is already linked as "support thread"?
    (hello, Amazon, yes, it was a great product - but I rate it 2* because the communication with the seller was bad)
  3. Why do people keep requesting **** out of the blue per pm, as if there would be no requesting thread or we would be their personal mod butlers?
  4. Why do people keep asking stuff about a specific mod per pm instead of doing so in the mod's discussions?
  5. Why do people ask banned (LOL) mod creators about stuff of their mod?
Modder questions: Why should we bother to give those people support at all?
I know, there is a general section, but noone cares to read them, well, they don't care to read anyway, just download section and click.

There should be a user questions thread ...
  1. Why do people don't bother to read the overview page fully or at all?
  2. Why do people keep posting issues in reviews instead of the discussions, which is already linked as "support thread"?
    (hello, Amazon, yes, it was a great product - but I rate it 2* because the communication with the seller was bad)
  3. Why do people keep requesting **** out of the blue per pm, as if there would be no requesting thread or we would be their personal mod butlers?
  4. Why do people keep asking stuff about a specific mod per pm instead of doing so in the mod's discussions?
  5. Why do people ask banned (LOL) mod creators about stuff of their mod?
Modder questions: Why should we bother to give those people support at all?
I know, there is a general section, but noone cares to read them, well, they don't care to read anyway, just download section and click.
I totally agree. I'm fed up with people pestering modders in posts or by mp to ask them to do a particular thing insistently and without even saying please. Simply as if it were an order like that for example: "do this, do that" or "I want you to do that ..." Where did the politeness go ??? ... it becomes boring .... Personally I do what I want and when I want.

Merhaba, İngilizcem kötüdür o nedenle bana yardım edebilecek birisi var mı? Sorum şu; hayatımda ilk defa mod yapacağım. Myteam bölümünde kendi takımım adına logo-yarış tulumu-pit ekibi tulumu-kask vs her şeyi yapmak istiyorum. Aslında bir takım modu var indirdim. Ancak bu mod üzerinde bazı oynamalar yaparak kendi modumu yapabilir miyim? Mesela takım logosunu değiştirmek istiyorum. Tabi logoyu değiştirince yarış tulumundaki logoyu pit ekibinin üzerindeki logoyu vs hepsini değiştirmek gerekiyor. Yani mod üzerinde düzenleme yaparak kendi modumu oluşturabilir miyim? Evetse bunu nasıl yapabilirim?

What you need to do is make a general selection of your layers (Ctrl + Click on the layer thumbnail) , go to Channels and click on the button that says "Create channel from selection". The button is a rectangle with a circle in it (if Im not mistaken).

Let me know if you have any issues. We can arrange a Zoom call and Ill walk you through it.

i have done it, learn from some tutorial on yt and also from you. thanks a lot for the tips. there is no any issue.

Hi! Can anyone tell me what the colour is on the S file to make a chrome texture? if possible, could you send me the web code of the colour (for example #MRO852 (its bullshit but i hope you understand))

Hello everyone,
I was wondering if you could mod the tyre wear in such a way to make 25% races into two-stop races? I know you could do it on the older gen games

If there is could someone tell me how should I be modifying the tyre file (I can’t remember the exact name of the file atm) to achieve this result?

Thanks in advance! :D

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 88 30.3%
  • More leagues

Votes: 58 20.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 63 21.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Forum trophies