F1 2020 Modding Questions Thread

Anyone know how i can swap the 2020 ferrari for the classic 2004 ferrari. ive seen alex gillon do it on youtube and would love to know which files i need to swap with each other.

Anyone know how i can swap the 2020 ferrari for the classic 2004 ferrari. ive seen alex gillon do it on youtube and would love to know which files i need to swap with each other.
Here is a similar mod with a link to the instructions:

Hi..

In my game Kimi retired.. and wanted to get the number 7.. but it was still unavailable .. is there a way to get a mod a for this.. or to get other numbers.. I know this could be difficult as numbers are reflected online...

Last edited:
Is there any possible way to play online with a skin mode, for the record I use Racing Legends Golf Oil livery. Or would I have to replace the files each time I want to play onlone

I need some help. None of my teams-race/pit crew uniforms are showing properly or its either plain black. Obviously I've done something wrong, I just don't know which files are imported incorrectly.
20210319184902_1.jpg

20210319185213_1.jpg

20210319185613_1.jpg

20210319185948_1.jpg

How about the all black uniform and pitcrew outfit (the outfit is pretty much the default texture)? How do I fix this

I don't know if it will fix your all black uniform but the racecrew uniform has to be installed in several erp files:

...\F1 2020\2020_asset_groups\animation_package\scenes\garagecrew\2020\garagecrew.erp
…\F1 2020\2020_asset_groups\animation_package\scenes_facilities\facilities_common.erp
…\F1 2020\2020_asset_groups\animation_package\scenes\careerhub\race_day_r_n_d_area\caree_hub.erp

I don't know if it will fix your all black uniform but the racecrew uniform has to be installed in several erp files:

...\F1 2020\2020_asset_groups\animation_package\scenes\garagecrew\2020\garagecrew.erp
…\F1 2020\2020_asset_groups\animation_package\scenes_facilities\facilities_common.erp
…\F1 2020\2020_asset_groups\animation_package\scenes\careerhub\race_day_r_n_d_area\caree_hub.erp
Hi mate. Can you make the 2006 Honda Livery and use a face from a face mod for the mod?

I'll send you pictures and the link of the faces in the conversation.

I need some help. None of my teams-race/pit crew uniforms are showing properly or its either plain black. Obviously I've done something wrong, I just don't know which files are imported incorrectly.

Yeah, like Moustagua mentioned, there are patches where it will just appear as it is linked to the team icon in the menu, and in the career showroom/facilites. You can mod that icon outside the game so you do have some control over the appearance. Maybe some real coding masters know a workaround to eliminate it from the suits but I don't think it's currently possible.

You might be running into trouble with the color of the race and pitcrews because of your "m" files. These files recolor the default white "d" skins to match the colors you select in the in-game customization menu. The fix for this is to make sure you have "blank" "m" files for the race and pitcrews. The way to do this is to open the "m" file, make it one layer and transparent and fill the alpha channel full black that way the in-game settings cannot affect it.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 36 8.5%
  • Monthly

Votes: 20 4.7%
  • Yearly

Votes: 29 6.8%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.4%