F1 2020 Extreme, Medium and Realistic damage

Misc F1 2020 Extreme, Medium and Realistic damage Update 11

Login or Register an account to download this content
Realistic seems already extreme to me. One little sidetouch and the whole frontwing is gone, a bit stronger (not a heavy impact) and the suspension is gone. If F1 would be like this, Vettel and Verstappen would never finish their races.
I mean if you change a value from 0.001 to 1.0 ... even with 0.01 and speedthreshold 5 the suspension already breaks if there is a side wheel-to-wheel touch at 200 km/h. I don't know if you take Sebastian Buemis accident in 2010 as default, though.

Last edited:
Realistic seems already extreme to me. One little sidetouch and the whole frontwing is gone, a bit stronger (not a heavy impact) and the suspension is gone. If F1 would be like this, Vettel and Verstappen would never finish their races.
I mean if you change a value from 0.001 to 1.0 ... even with 0.01 and speedthreshold 5 the suspension already breaks if there is a side wheel-to-wheel touch at 200 km/h. I don't know if you take Sebastian Buemis accident in 2010 as default, though.
In the first version of the mod, damage was much less sensitive. But behavior of AI has been changed this year, they fight much less and allow less contacts. People have complained to me that there are almost no accidents. Then I increased sensitivity, just to have at least some accidents. And almost no one has complained since. 6,700 downloads, and everything is fine. "Realistic" is just an old name. Now these are the same settings as medium in previous game.
"Leave me alone, i know what i'm doing" :D

I play around 65-70 and A.I. is already scooterlike without that mod. (The main reason I keep rewinds enabled, else every of my races would be DNF. Yesterday on the Netherland track I was straight on the ideal line, not the fastest breaking point, had 1 sec gap to the Ferrari behind ... and he bumped me right into the wall. - On Bahrain Hamilton hit me from offtracks and made us both DNF)
I try to tweak around, I am looking for a way, to make the A.I. pay for those stupid maneuvers, so they have to pit or become slower due to damage, but not to be out of the race.

• Deleted member 1031992

Below which level do the wheels no longer come off after a contact at the exit of the pits?

• Deleted member 1031992

1.16 update was released, any changes?
If no performance has been changed, there is no point in updating it. Or open the Ego ERP Archiver and do it yourself before waiting for someone else to do it for you.

Edit:
Yeah, I just checked it out. The only files changed were: F1_2020.exe, F1_2020_dx12.exe and game.dat
So it didn't modify any .erp file, we can avoid panicking for nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
If no performance has been changed, there is no point in updating it. Or open the Ego ERP Archiver and do it yourself before waiting for someone else to do it for you.

Edit:
Yeah, I just checked it out. The only files changed were: F1_2020.exe, F1_2020_dx12.exe and game.dat
So it didn't modify any .erp file, we can avoid panicking for nothing.
No panicking, not really technical person myself.

There are no changes in the car files, so I just updated the game version in the descriptions of my mods. No needed to redownload.

Thank you for your had work!

In previous patches, Codemasters always updated the "My Team" files. So I always updated the mod files for copy-paste to avoid any unpredictable problems for those who copy the files. And over time, the mod sinks into the list, and people can hardly see it. Someone start asking me: where is damage mod? Also rise in the list = boost for amount of downloads.
Screenshot_2021-02-17 StrongestFish.png

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 17 12.5%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 15 11.0%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 14 10.3%
  • Thursday

Votes: 16 11.8%
  • Friday

Votes: 50 36.8%
  • Saturday

Votes: 80 58.8%