F1 2018 Work-In-Progress Thread

Highly requested SeviGraphics Williams FW42 Fantasy Livery

Tomorrow...
DXHV2iWX0AA7Sa7.png
F1_2018_photo_20181016_231141.jpg
F1_2018_photo_20181016_231731.jpg

I was working on Toro Rosso. I had some problems:
- The background color of number. Always still white (I had to paint the number tiff background like the same color of car)
- The lights on redbull logo. The logos are white but the lights makes looks "grey-blue"

Kw4kl6d.jpg

0wtlQS1.jpg

uZyQs37.jpg
Xr25gNy.jpg

I was working on Toro Rosso. I had some problems:
- The background color of number. Always still white (I had to paint the number tiff background like the same color of car)
- The lights on redbull logo. The logos are white but the lights makes looks "grey-blue"

Kw4kl6d.jpg

0wtlQS1.jpg

uZyQs37.jpg
Xr25gNy.jpg
the _s file (of the decal) makes it silver not white

its so complicated to do an old car, and i'm a newbie, but i will try to finish this car

I can't edit some parts because it seens double or reverse :(

Benetton Renault fantasy on work (replaces w96)

wBSfkMW.jpg

DYUqaJ4.jpg

POehIT3.jpg

Last edited:
Currently working on some 1988 skins, all based on the MP4/4 chassis, the only problem is that some of the sponsor are mirrored so it's not the best. Let me know what you think.
Leyton House March 881

march88.PNG
Benetton B188
benetton88.PNG
Lotus 100T
lotus88.PNG

Ferrari 87/88 C
ferrari88.PNG

Currently working on some 1988 skins, all based on the MP4/4 chassis, the only problem is that some of the sponsor are mirrored so it's not the best. Let me know what you think.
Leyton House March 881

View attachment 275620 Benetton B188
View attachment 275621 Lotus 100TView attachment 275622
Ferrari 87/88 C
View attachment 275623

Yes, that problem is the same for all modders :( A few cars doesn't have this problem, like Renault, but all oldies have. Keep working hard.

Guys,I'm coming from another game community and I think I know what this problem with mirroring is but I don't have enough experience to fix it myself.
I would say that to fix the mirroring issue the 3d car model would need uv mapping and then for example martini on Williams engine cover would need another martini logo in the texture files and that logo would need to be assigned to the side of the engine cover and it won't be mirrored anymore.
I don't know if it is possible to do it with f1 2018 car models,usually a program to do these things is zmolder.
I hope this will help modders.

Guys,I'm coming from another game community and I think I know what this problem with mirroring is but I don't have enough experience to fix it myself.

I would say that to fix the mirroring issue the 3d car model would need uv mapping and then for example martini on Williams engine cover would need another martini logo in the texture files and that logo would need to be assigned to the side of the engine cover and it won't be mirrored anymore.
I don't know if it is possible to do it with f1 2018 car models,usually a program to do these things is zmolder.

I was looking for it yesterday. I toke the psd and obj from the pack (in this forum) but i could do. We will keep working haha and we will find sure xD (i hope).

I don't think that'll work, as the game works in some weird formats that aren't really editable. You'd need to be able to export the models in idf formats which I'm not sure you can do with that program.

I was looking for it yesterday. I toke the psd and obj from the pack (in this forum) but i could do. We will keep working haha and we will find sure xD (i hope).
great,I know how in theory it works but I don't have the knowledge otherwise I would love to help but to be brief yes basically you need to assign a texture on the part of the car you want so like the example for martini logo on Williams in the texture file you should have 2 martini logos one for left side and one for right side.
Keep working guys I know you can do.it :)

I don't think that'll work, as the game works in some weird formats that aren't really editable. You'd need to be able to export the models in idf formats which I'm not sure you can do with that program.

I don't know really,maybe it should be a new program somewhere,for zmolder I know there are plug ins for grand prix 4 example and that plug in will allowed the program to read the .gp4 file which is the format of what the cars shape it's made of,now I don't know if there is an equivalent for f1 2018 game though

great,I know how in theory it works but I don't have the knowledge otherwise I would love to help but to be brief yes basically you need to assign a texture on the part of the car you want so like the example for martini logo on Williams in the texture file you should have 2 martini logos one for left side and one for right side.
Keep working guys I know you can do.it :)

This is a problem xD McLaren i'm working on

8LpivHk.jpg

I don't know really,maybe it should be a new program somewhere,for zmolder I know there are plug ins for grand prix 4 example and that plug in will allowed the program to read the .gp4 file which is the format of what the cars shape it's made of,now I don't know if there is an equivalent for f1 2018 game though
there is a program which can get 3D models out of the game, but that model can't be used to put them back in. 3DSimED works for opening the game models, can then it can be exported in easier to handle 3D model formats, but the problem is that 3DSimED does not have an option to put a new model into an ERP, so you'd have to work directly with the idf files which have the model, and be able to export to that format (and also work from that format rather than what 3D models currently exist). I don't know if there's a plugin for ZModeler to handle idf or erp files, but I'd be surprised if there is.

there is a program which can get 3D models out of the game, but that model can't be used to put them back in. 3DSimED works for opening the game models, can then it can be exported in easier to handle 3D model formats, but the problem is that 3DSimED does not have an option to put a new model into an ERP, so you'd have to work directly with the idf files which have the model, and be able to export to that format (and also work from that format rather than what 3D models currently exist). I don't know if there's a plugin for ZModeler to handle idf or erp files, but I'd be surprised if there is.

Yeah I see what you mean they kind of coded everything to stop the game from being modified while of course with gp4 all these technologies were unknown at the time so it was easier to go around the securities,hopefully someone will come up with a solution and will allow modders to modify skins without mirroring issues.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.