F1 2018 Work-In-Progress Thread

Discussion in 'F1 2018 Mods' started by Bram Hengeveld, Aug 29, 2018.

1. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld
    RaceDepartment Founder Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +17,780
    If you have a WIP (Work in Progress) mod, and wish to show other modders the current state of your project, and/or request feedback from them, then please post in this thread only. Thanks :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Michael Sandee

Michael Sandee

Ratings:
    +40
    New Advert Boards For All Tracks

I started changing the advert boards on all the track.
    I'm trying to get them as close as possible to the real life tracks, it will be a daunting and long process but I got on my way with the help of Reddvers.
    Melbourne is close to being done, Bahrain should be fine without changing anything and Shanghai will be close to release. I enclosed a few pictures as to how Shanghai will look like.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Please note: Not every track will have accurate adverts on the same spot as in real life. It's just the way Codemasters has laid out the tracks.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
    • Like Like x 8
    • Love Love x 2
  3. Ace9921

Ace9921

Ratings:
    +18
    Another year, another mod. Have a teaser:

• Like Like x 3
  4. Michael Sandee

Michael Sandee

Ratings:
    +40
    Small update:
    Melbourne should be ready unless somebody has a suggestion or feedback which is welcome as well. I can send the files to anyone who wants to try it out, I don't play multiplayer so I don't know if it works.

As you can see the logo in the grass is a different color, I have to check which color green it was in the race and get it as close as possible. And this is as close as possible achievable to the real thing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Love Love x 1
  5. Michael Sandee

Michael Sandee

Ratings:
    +40
    Melbourne done, Shanghai done and Azerbaijan done.
    Started with Spain which I will show you a preview. I will release the first 5 as soon Monaco is done.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  6. Steven Poirier

Steven Poirier

Ratings:
    +2,936
    Since F1 2012, i'm back, sadly i'm not owning F1 2018, so all preview and release picture will be on photoshop.

Here the preview of Jacques Villeneuve helmet, i plan to do every version to match on the actual 2018 team for the career, stay tune!

[​IMG]

• Beer Beer x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  7. Steven Poirier

Steven Poirier

Ratings:
    +2,936
    All are done, have to covert it, and ready up to copy and paste into the game. Release surely tommorow

NOTE: AIR HOLE on top of the helmet arent in the game, the render have an issue, the glitch wont be in the game

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  8. SergeyK

SergeyK

Ratings:
    +3
    Where can I download your mod?

9. Michael Sandee

Michael Sandee

Ratings:
    +40
    The first tracks aren't released yet . I have to check out the tracks first and then I'll release them as separate downloads .

10. RobAus

RobAus

Ratings:
    +0
    They look awesome! Any chance on Johnnie Walker sponsorboards?

11. iZ GunDaM

iZ GunDaM

Ratings:
    +88
    I believe the JW sponsor boards will come only for Monaco, Silverstone and Spa (I think).

12. Michael Sandee

Michael Sandee

Ratings:
    +40
    Yup although there might be others. I have to check Monaco. I can't do the Tag Heuer board above the star/finish line unless I give up Johnnie Walker but that one is more prominent.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Steven Poirier

Steven Poirier

Ratings:
    +2,936
    [​IMG]

From a request in the request tread, remain all th

• Beer Beer x 1
  14. Franske

Franske

Ratings:
    +346
    Too much detail for me, I want to try it, ....... he said. And see what he - Steven - comes up with. :thumbsup::cool:

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
  15. Steven Poirier

Steven Poirier

Ratings:
    +2,936
    Almost finish !

[​IMG]

• Love Love x 1
  16. Markus99

Markus99

Ratings:
    +72
    [​IMG]

First try for me creating a helmet :D

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 2
  17. Eur3ka

Eur3ka

Ratings:
    +95
    Coming later! :thumbsup:

20180920160016_1.jpg

• Like Like x 9
    • Beer Beer x 1
  18. TheSevi

TheSevi

Ratings:
    +15
    Coming soon...[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  19. Eur3ka

Eur3ka

Ratings:
    +95
    Another Sean Bull design in the works... :D

20181003204925_1.jpg

• Love Love x 7
    • Like Like x 5
    • Beer Beer x 1
  20. Ace9921

Ace9921

Ratings:
    +18
    Thanks to Codemasters doing I don't know what to the downshift sounds since patch 1.05, I'm stuck unable to release this mod unless I pitch down the sound to match the 13500RPM rev limit as exceeding the sound pitch of a car's rev limiter causes this (I asked about this and showed this exact video in the modding questions section, but got no response):

The worst part is that the mod was all set up and ready to go, then patch 1.05 is released just as I was recording my demonstration video and... well, it completely screwed up the mod's release. The downshift sound has never returned to how it was pre-1.05.

The only workaround I've found is to increase the rev limiter to ~17000RPM and move the splines having to do with engine performance in each car's ERP file higher up the rev range, which then leaves me with shift lights that don't trigger correctly as they're still triggering at ~11500RPM when they should trigger around 14300RPM or so.

So as of right now, I have two options: release the mod as a low-rev variant or continue holding off until someone figures out how to change when the shift lights trigger.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.