F1 2018 Work-In-Progress Thread

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
If you have a WIP (Work in Progress) mod, and wish to show other modders the current state of your project, and/or request feedback from them, then please post in this thread only. Thanks :)

New Advert Boards For All Tracks

I started changing the advert boards on all the track.
I'm trying to get them as close as possible to the real life tracks, it will be a daunting and long process but I got on my way with the help of Reddvers.
Melbourne is close to being done, Bahrain should be fine without changing anything and Shanghai will be close to release. I enclosed a few pictures as to how Shanghai will look like.

Please note: Not every track will have accurate adverts on the same spot as in real life. It's just the way Codemasters has laid out the tracks.

Last edited:
Small update:
Melbourne should be ready unless somebody has a suggestion or feedback which is welcome as well. I can send the files to anyone who wants to try it out, I don't play multiplayer so I don't know if it works.

As you can see the logo in the grass is a different color, I have to check which color green it was in the race and get it as close as possible. And this is as close as possible achievable to the real thing.

Since F1 2012, i'm back, sadly i'm not owning F1 2018, so all preview and release picture will be on photoshop.

Here the preview of Jacques Villeneuve helmet, i plan to do every version to match on the actual 2018 team for the career, stay tune!

2vki07q.jpg

Another year, another mod. Have a teaser:

Thanks to Codemasters doing I don't know what to the downshift sounds since patch 1.05, I'm stuck unable to release this mod unless I pitch down the sound to match the 13500RPM rev limit as exceeding the sound pitch of a car's rev limiter causes this (I asked about this and showed this exact video in the modding questions section, but got no response):

The worst part is that the mod was all set up and ready to go, then patch 1.05 is released just as I was recording my demonstration video and... well, it completely screwed up the mod's release. The downshift sound has never returned to how it was pre-1.05.

The only workaround I've found is to increase the rev limiter to ~17000RPM and move the splines having to do with engine performance in each car's ERP file higher up the rev range, which then leaves me with shift lights that don't trigger correctly as they're still triggering at ~11500RPM when they should trigger around 14300RPM or so.

So as of right now, I have two options: release the mod as a low-rev variant or continue holding off until someone figures out how to change when the shift lights trigger.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%