F1 2018 F1 2018 Wish List

F1 2018 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
F1 2018 Wishlist.jpg

F1 2018 is the ninth Formula One game from Codemasters and the first of the new Halo era - tell us what you'd like to see included in the new title!

The game has come on a long way since the initial release all the way back in 2010, we've got career interaction, historic content, formation laps and a whole bunch more since then, but I'm sure we can think up some more goodness we'd like to see from F1 2018 - which is why this thread is here!

Ok folks, we know it's coming in August so... let us know what sort of things you'd like to see included in F1 2018...

Last edited:
I think I had or have 2016 then I bought 2017 and got a refund because it was the same ole BS. Just want to race not sit a have to deal with all the other nonsense along with nothing ever working correctly. But I do have a question and Im not bashing it I just dont know. Are people really paying $59.00 US every year for the latest edition?

In both F1 2016 and 2017, I just found myself irritated by the sheer number of cutscenes before even a quick race. A toggle option to enjoy all the pomp and circumstance when I like and get right to the racing when I don't instead of frantically mashing through countless cutscenes would be majorly crucial to me.

In both F1 2016 and 2017, I just found myself irritated by the sheer number of cutscenes before even a quick race. A toggle option to enjoy all the pomp and circumstance when I like and get right to the racing when I don't instead of frantically mashing through countless cutscenes would be majorly crucial to me.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

While I'm at it....
1 Martin Brundle's grid walk with all the drivers trying to ignore him
2 Ted's notebook
3 Option to do the season as the Friday morning test driver on 3 or 4 weekends making for a quick season
4 Chucking the track familiarization part of FP as I find some of their suggested lines to be slower
5 Option to do Indy instead of Monaco because I always crash out of that bloody race anyway!!

- fix the input lag
- fix the blurry, artifacted TxAA and give us back the SMAA/MSAA alternatives

Liked 2016, bought 2017, and couldn't play it for more than a couple hours (including trying to fix how it looked). TxAA just breaks the visuals in motion, it's a bad implementation. 2016 had way better options on the AA front.

online with out retards that cant drive would be nice , possibly a online mode like dirt 3 when u where a **** driver u got flagged for it n put in lobbies where all **** drivers can race n leave every1 clean alone ......... but it is codemasters so none of this or our wishes will even get looked at

Mouse based UI, improved FFB, and the ever present go to for me is a 'smart' engineer for assistance in set ups.
The classic cars and tracks are becoming more and more the attraction for me.

VR, skippable cutscenes, dedicated servers.

VR is the difference between me getting the game at release or when it's below €10. Dedicated servers a must if they're serious about being "e-sports" and while I still find that entire concept.... odd, F1 is probably the closest we'd get to seeing motorsports in the spotlight of it. Skipping cutscenes because well, they get old quick don't they?

An option to disable in game driver hands and wheel in cockpit view... wishful thinking.

That is, of course, if F1 2018 will have the ERS data, etc, outputted to UDP devices lol

Last edited:
The first of the videos below is F1 2016 while wearing an action cam (I have all previous titles ...not interest in really playing them any longer). The second is an experience in VR (left eye only, so no depth perception, and the FOV is reduced in the capture), and is one of FIVE sim-racing titles that I currently experience in VR (no, I'm not a Project CARS 2 fan boy).

Yes, I know, us VR users aren't the majority... but Codemasters, IT'S 2018! Your newest title looks amazing... no VR support is SO 2016!

SO, even if F1 2018 looks INCREDIBLE which would you prefer to experience if you had access to VR? Would you spend $60 TODAY in 2018 for a title that provides an experience from 2016, even though it looks amazing... on a FLAT (or even curved) screen?

The real question is why spend 500£ on current generation of VR which is blury like hell and completly outdated visual graphic quality when you can buy 3 higher visual quality monitors and play any racing game you like with crisp clear image???

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back