F1 2018 F1 2018 Wish List

F1 2018 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
F1 2018 Wishlist.jpg

F1 2018 is the ninth Formula One game from Codemasters and the first of the new Halo era - tell us what you'd like to see included in the new title!

The game has come on a long way since the initial release all the way back in 2010, we've got career interaction, historic content, formation laps and a whole bunch more since then, but I'm sure we can think up some more goodness we'd like to see from F1 2018 - which is why this thread is here!

Ok folks, we know it's coming in August so... let us know what sort of things you'd like to see included in F1 2018...

Last edited:
The real question is why spend 500£ on current generation of VR which is blury like hell and completly outdated visual graphic quality when you can buy 3 higher visual quality monitors and play any racing game you like with crisp clear image???

If you claim that VR is "blurry as hell," then you've either never used the current VR headsets, or when you did, you weren't wearing it correctly or adjusted the lenses. Yes, there is screen door effect, and if you CONCENTRATE on it, you can see the pixels, but when you factor in the head tracking and how it tricks your eyes to create depth perception, it more than makes up for any lack of quality when compared to "watching it" on a nice monitor. (BTW, I have an ultra-wide 144Hz BenQ XR3501).

Hold your finger out in front you at arm's length while looking across a room (10+ feet). First focus on your finger, but notice, without changing focus, how everything across the room is not only out of focus, but there's "two" of everything. Now focus on something across the room, and notice how your finger is now out of focus... and you appear to be holding up "two" fingers. VR replicates that, and though you don't notice the effect consciously (for real, or in VR), it's what substantially increases the immersion. Your brain filters out the double images for your vision, but you're still using that information while walking, and of course, driving. Unfortunately you can't see that effect in video captures from VR--all you can see is the head tracking, and even the FOV is significantly reduced in those captures. The same experience while "in" VR is more than quadrupled over watching it on a monitor.

The only way to experience something even remotely similar on a flat (or curved) screen is if the game developer added in a depth-of-field effect, which you have no control over, and it still doesn't even come close to the effect that VR creates.

I bought my Oculus Rift after the significant price drop last summer, and I have MORE than gotten my money's worth out of it. Even then, I CAN'T WAIT for the next generation. Higher-res, reduced or no screen door effect, increased FOV, and other improvements will definitely take the already excellent experience way past 11! I figure I'll likely get at least another year, hundreds of hours of use, out of my current headset until the next generation is available... and more affordable.

Last edited:
Hmm.. no new engine.. no Vr... you do not listen again to the community
much of the same from the last 5 years... what the f...k career mode... I dont care!
I want racing in VR and nothing else... Hope one day.. Kunos have a contract with F1.. to make a better game like the old days of GP4

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back