F1 2018 F1 2018 Wish List

F1 2018 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
F1 2018 Wishlist.jpg

F1 2018 is the ninth Formula One game from Codemasters and the first of the new Halo era - tell us what you'd like to see included in the new title!

The game has come on a long way since the initial release all the way back in 2010, we've got career interaction, historic content, formation laps and a whole bunch more since then, but I'm sure we can think up some more goodness we'd like to see from F1 2018 - which is why this thread is here!

Ok folks, we know it's coming in August so... let us know what sort of things you'd like to see included in F1 2018...

Last edited:
I would like to see the long drawn out interactive animation cut-scene of joining a team be skippable.

I just want to pick my team and go don't want to have a 'one-way' conversation with the same virtual lawyer every year.............

This. :cool:
Real and always available all-weather & true-to-life-drying-track.

Better and more detailed FF.

Truly manual pit stops and pit area movements (perhaps a chance to run into into your pit crew. by pure accident, ofc. :whistling::sneaky:)

Official F1 TV broadcast graphics.

A tiiiny bigger chances for player to not always be the one penalized for every contact.

Claire the reporter(TM) on cover. :D

https://www.redbull.com/int-en/f1-2018-game-wishlist
This is actually one not that bad wishlist. All but that who-frickin-cares #8.
Hmm.... mirrored track for some variety in challenges, that actually may be a good idea, huh ? :)

Although.... I think we're a a bit too late now with our quasi-wishlists.
Perhaps a good starting point for 2019 ? :D

For the classic cars with full-manual transmission?

Accurate clutch mechanics! Seriously, if it's just me who has the issue in F1 2017 that the clutch doesn't really disengage the engine from the gearbox, but just allows you to shift without...really doing the clutching it's supposed to do, well I'd love to know what I'm doing wrong.
Otherwise, the clutch mechanics overhaul is my biggest wish for that game.

VR is an absolute must for any racing game. I used to buy this F1 game every year until I started racing in VR on other titles like Project Cars, Dirt Rally, Assetto Corsa. I can't go back to 2D racing after experiencing VR. I can't for the life of me understand why they aren't using it.

Virtual Reality Please!! And Thank You :)

1) as mentioned by others, reduce input lag

2) as also mentioned by others (originality is not my strong suit), VR pretty please

3) Codemasters do great career modes and I'm sure they'll have lots of new fun bells and whistles in 2018, but I would rather see them add depth in terms of feeder series. Give us a "Dirt to Daytona: F1 Edition" - GP2, etc.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 180 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 354 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 497 39.2%