F1 2018 F1 2018 Wish List

F1 2018 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
F1 2018 Wishlist.jpg

F1 2018 is the ninth Formula One game from Codemasters and the first of the new Halo era - tell us what you'd like to see included in the new title!

The game has come on a long way since the initial release all the way back in 2010, we've got career interaction, historic content, formation laps and a whole bunch more since then, but I'm sure we can think up some more goodness we'd like to see from F1 2018 - which is why this thread is here!

Ok folks, we know it's coming in August so... let us know what sort of things you'd like to see included in F1 2018...

Last edited:
What I would like to see is:
1. Formula 2 cars and other support series
2. New classic cars (Brawn, Jordan 191, Mercedes W05)
3. Classic tracks (Brands Hatch, Zandvoort)
4. The ability to drive the safety and medical cars, maybe even allowing a host to set a safetycar driver in the lobby settings to give leagues the ability to deploy the safety car themselves without the game deciding itself.

I did not take the F1 2017 because it was not playable in vr so first thing that the championship is possible in VR and for the career mode I never understood why there was never the gp3 and F2 ex GP2

How about a Career that starts with driver doing a lap in a classic car, maybe late 90's or so, as a "test" and your lap time results in offers from teams, either for team driver or test driver. Test driver, then you do the Friday test sessions and might get into that team easier or be seen by other team. 1st year of Career mode is 2008 season (with that years cars, rules and driver lineups) and then it continues like that until the final year is 2018 season with current cars. AI drivers have the form/pace they actually had in that specific time period, and progress according to history... One thing all F1 games have in common is that they are based on the current F1 season and don't progress with new rule changes ect.

- A 2018 style HUD would be great.
- Even if i dont have VR i say its a must already, a lot of users getting out of the ecuation in codemasters development
- Eliminate the input lag.
- Improve FFB, in F1 2017 u can barely know what is happening to the car.
- Improve physics.
- Press conferences
- Team radios (this is something very important that is poorly done in f1 2017)
- Posibility of random puncture, mechanical faillure and more things.
- Not restrictive mod system (from f1 2014 foward they just have been making moding more and more difficult)

Edit: i forgot about the honor lap after the race, god its not that hard to let us drive to the pitlane or parc ferme

Native VR support from launch and for it to be implemented like it is in pCARS 2, it just works...simple as.

If VR support is available from launch then this would be a day 1 purchase without doubt, if not with my current VR sim library it would either be a purchase when it is on sale (very cheaply I might add) or possibly not even at all.

In all honesty I find after sim racing in VR with the likes of AC, pCARS 2, iRacing and others it is almost impossible now to go back to a monitor, it just totally lacks the immersion.

Last edited:
The first of the videos below is F1 2016 while wearing an action cam (I have all previous titles ...not interest in really playing them any longer). The second is an experience in VR (left eye only, so no depth perception, and the FOV is reduced in the capture), and is one of FIVE sim-racing titles that I currently experience in VR (no, I'm not a Project CARS 2 fan boy).

Yes, I know, us VR users aren't the majority... but Codemasters, IT'S 2018! Your newest title looks amazing... no VR support is SO 2016!

SO, even if F1 2018 looks INCREDIBLE which would you prefer to experience if you had access to VR? Would you spend $60 TODAY in 2018 for a title that provides an experience from 2016, even though it looks amazing... on a FLAT (or even curved) screen?

Last edited:
How about a Career that starts with driver doing a lap in a classic car, maybe late 90's or so, as a "test" and your lap time results in offers from teams, either for team driver or test driver. Test driver, then you do the Friday test sessions and might get into that team easier or be seen by other team. 1st year of Career mode is 2008 season (with that years cars, rules and driver lineups) and then it continues like that until the final year is 2018 season with current cars. AI drivers have the form/pace they actually had in that specific time period, and progress according to history... One thing all F1 games have in common is that they are based on the current F1 season and don't progress with new rule changes ect.

So, F1 career challenge.

I actually hope Codemasters does the same as EA did when they are in their last year of their license. Makes a game just like that. From 2009 (which was the first Codies year) to the last year of their license.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 365 15.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.2%