F1 2018 Modding Questions Thread

Someone knows how to change chassis for cars?? Only for view.
Because I want to do some of my liveries and the origina 3D models are bad for this designs.

Thanks!!

Someone knows how to change chassis for cars?? Only for view.
Because I want to do some of my liveries and the origina 3D models are bad for this designs.

Thanks!!
1) Open the erp of the car you're designing. Go to the PKG tab and export the carmodel.layer file

2) Change the model line to the car of your choice. This is an example from my Renault R.S19 mod
"Model": {
"mat binding": "stri eaid://f1_2018_vehicle_package/teams/lotus/idf/lotus.emb?context=default",

"model": "stri eaid://f1_2018_vehicle_package/teams/williams/idf/williams.idf?context=render"

3) You'll also need the damage and dirt file from, in this case, the Williams. The details and wheel decals are not too important but it improves the finished product.

Hope this helped :)

1) Open the erp of the car you're designing. Go to the PKG tab and export the carmodel.layer file

2) Change the model line to the car of your choice. This is an example from my Renault R.S19 mod
"Model": {
"mat binding": "stri eaid://f1_2018_vehicle_package/teams/lotus/idf/lotus.emb?context=default",
"model": "stri eaid://f1_2018_vehicle_package/teams/williams/idf/williams.idf?context=render"

3) You'll also need the damage and dirt file from, in this case, the Williams. The details and wheel decals are not too important but it improves the finished product.

Hope this helped :)
Thank you very much!!!!

Anyone had success editing the glass of the RND room? I can upload the dds into the erp but it doesn't seem to have an effect.

I figured this one out.
For MOST of the RND area career hub assets (your console, the four mother effing types of folders :O_o:, the shelves, the tv monitors, etc) you have to edit the erp here:
asset_groups > environment_package > second_world > race_day_r_n_d_common.erp

BUT the glass files in that erp do not actually do anything even though they are in there. For that you have to go to:

asset_groups > animation_package > scenes > careerhub > race_day_r_n_d_area > (update the five separate erp files there)

Note, for some reason with SOME of the "raceday" stuff I had to override their original mipmap files in the game folder location for some of the textures to properly save into the erp. Always backup your files just in case. Do not override the "glass" mipmaps in the "second_world" location b/c it crashed my game. You don't have to even touch those "glass" files b/c they are useless but be warned. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I want to know what's inside gvdb file in gamevaluedata.erp, because I think it includes drivers IDs, their teams, etc
I saw that Ryder25 sended a file with all the strings from this gvdb, but its for F1 2016 and also its not the real gvdb decompiled file
Is there any way to decompile and/or edit it?

Last edited:
Hello everyone! Someone knows how to fix this? I've changed McLaren chassis for Williams and the hands are bad with the steering wheel.

Thanks!
doXRNU6.jpg

Hello everyone! Someone knows how to fix this? I've changed McLaren chassis for Williams and the hands are bad with the steering wheel.

Thanks!
doXRNU6.jpg
incardriver.erp->xml files->incardriver.scene->replace mclaren's "<animset name="animations_driver_in_car/driver_steering_anims/idf/driver_in_car_2018_mclaren" />" with williams's <animset name="animations_driver_in_car/driver_steering_anims/idf/driver_in_car_2018_williams" />

incardriver.erp->xml files->incardriver.scene->replace mclaren's "<animset name="animations_driver_in_car/driver_steering_anims/idf/driver_in_car_2018_mclaren" />" with williams's <animset name="animations_driver_in_car/driver_steering_anims/idf/driver_in_car_2018_williams" />
Thanks!!!

I dont undestand a few things
  1. I choose with EEA 6.1 the ferrari 95 ERP (asset groups)
  2. Extract the c_ferrari_95_decal_da.tif ()to edit with photoshop
  3. I try to open with photoshop (2018+intel plugin) and happens an error (cant open because its not the correct type document )
Please, what can I do?

I dont undestand a few things
  1. I choose with EEA 6.1 the ferrari 95 ERP (asset groups)
  2. Extract the c_ferrari_95_decal_da.tif ()to edit with photoshop
  3. I try to open with photoshop (2018+intel plugin) and happens an error (cant open because its not the correct type document )
Please, what can I do?
probably a wrongly installed dds plugin then, it seems like the dds plugin doesn't work

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.