F1 2018 Modding Questions Thread

Guys, do you know how to use decal_da for fom car? It's something I don't understand at all...
1590749943554.png

you cant import them back to .nfs (even tho someone did it for ~f1 2016 but he didn't say how and I still dont know how he did it)
(and also speech is in speech folder, not soundbanks -- it contains sfx for ui and musics)
Sorry, my mistake. I mean Speech folder not soundbanks. Like I said, you can import them back by using quickbms. It is not to hard to do it.But, it takes too much times to make changes. There are a lot of files for each driver. If you want i can send to you quickbms with how to use it.

Sorry, my mistake. I mean Speech folder not soundbanks. Like I said, you can import them back by using quickbms. It is not to hard to do it.But, it takes too much times to make changes. There are a lot of files for each driver. If you want i can send to you quickbms with how to use it.
I already have this program with nefs script but I still dont know how to reimport files back :/
every time I tried I got corrupted file

Hello, I'm back with another question, I swap chassis of sauber and paint it with mclaren livery and one part of wing on the engine cover is just missing, do you know what I did wrong?
Bez tytułu.png

Last edited:
Hey everyone, I was hoping someone could give me a hand with something regarding custom helmets. So basically what I did was take one of the custom helmets already in the game and painted over it on Photoshop, I did this because I wanted to kind of reuse a design but add new stuff. I used the community design number 2 as a base, this one:

Alan.png

So I painted it and added stuff and whatnot, but when I imported it into the game I got this:

Untitled.png

As you can see it looks like some of the shaders or the paint or whatever of the original helmet remains even after painting over it in Photoshop. What I did in Photoshop, in case you're wondering, was click image, then edit smart object, then paint, so I was painting directly on the texture, then I added images and whatnot on top of the smart object.

Anyone know how to remove this bit? As you can see, it looks pretty hideous with my design. Thanks in advance.

Hey everyone, I was hoping someone could give me a hand with something regarding custom helmets. So basically what I did was take one of the custom helmets already in the game and painted over it on Photoshop, I did this because I wanted to kind of reuse a design but add new stuff. I used the community design number 2 as a base, this one:

View attachment 383733

So I painted it and added stuff and whatnot, but when I imported it into the game I got this:

View attachment 383734

As you can see it looks like some of the shaders or the paint or whatever of the original helmet remains even after painting over it in Photoshop. What I did in Photoshop, in case you're wondering, was click image, then edit smart object, then paint, so I was painting directly on the texture, then I added images and whatnot on top of the smart object.

Anyone know how to remove this bit? As you can see, it looks pretty hideous with my design. Thanks in advance.
this look like helmet_s files that remain from old helmet, they are file regarding shades and finish of colour, so you need to edit those eswell

i reccomend just using new design you have and painting colours of helmet_s onto it

this look like helmet_s files that remain from old helmet, they are file regarding shades and finish of colour, so you need to edit those eswell

i reccomend just using new design you have and painting colours of helmet_s onto it

Editing the helmet_s file worked, thanks for your help. It was actually pretty easy in my case, just needed to paint over a couple of shapes, really.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.