F1 2018 Modding Questions Thread

Hey guys, I'm curious about chassis swapping. I know it's already a common thing when you swap chassis between teams in-game. But I saw someone modding F1 2018 with F1 2019 chassis. How's that possible exactly? Does anybody know how to do it? Thanks btw

Hey guys, I'm curious about chassis swapping. I know it's already a common thing when you swap chassis between teams in-game. But I saw someone modding F1 2018 with F1 2019 chassis. How's that possible exactly? Does anybody know how to do it? Thanks btw
most of the models won't work, either wrong materials, or the entire body missing except for wheels, so I dont think you really need it

Let me guess: you just don't want to buy F1 2019-20.
Big discounts for F1 games in Steam right now, hurry up.

Also check this mod:
Download link on Youtube description. This mod contains chassis swap from F1 2017 to 2019. Same way for all games of this generation. Download it and open files, especially Ferrari.assetgroup(with any text editor) and carmodel.layer in Ferrari.erp., and you will understand.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 265787

I downloaded 2020 game files and want to port over 2020 chassis and liveries to 2018 if possible. How do I do it?

• Deleted member 265787

I was informed that its not allowed. All mods with files from new games are removed. If you want to play the new game, buy it or wait for sale. If you don't have money try doing some grass mowing.
I'm not looking to post it anywhere, just want to see if it works and learn about these games

Does anyone have the 2018 3d car model files. I cannot access it on RaceDepartment. Can anyone provide a cloud link or something, please?

I checked Jburon's blog page and Racedepartment. I cannot find the template for driver suits for F1 2018 anywhere. Can anyone share a link to find it?

Can someone help me !!!
I learned how to change livery a few weeks ago and i did my own but now i want to do the current 2021 grid but i dont know how to do certain thing in photoshop like the alpha romeo logo at the engine cover and the alpha tauri too does anybody know a vid that can you explain or something like that?

F1_2018_photo_20210408_105452.png

Does Anyone Knows Why this happening I'ive changed the chassis to the 2019 fom car

Dude, you should check out youtube tutorials ... if you swap chassis while not using the swapped chassis' materials, you obviously need to import the rest of the models' textures, too. damage, dirt, detail and so on and so on

Last edited:
Dude, you should check out youtube tutorials ... if you swap chassis while not using the swapped chassis' materials, you obviously need to import the rest of the models' textures, too. damage, dirt, detail and so on and so on

Thank man!!! Do you know any video that i can watch i didnt find anything at youtube

Can Somebody help me!!

I've been frustrated for days trying to figured it out
I have even downloaded other mods and only changed the paint and the decal and nthing changed
:mad:

F1 2018 Screenshot 2021.04.14 - 18.57.19.54.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 118 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline