F1 2018 Modding Questions Thread

Hey everyone, I'm here to ask a very specefic question (sorry if this question already have been asked)
Can someone explain me how the "_s" from an helmet works ? I know they change the reflection of texture (mat shiny etc) but I don't know which color make different aspect, so if someone can explain me, or even give me a video/image, it would be grateful!

Hey everyone, I'm here to ask a very specefic question (sorry if this question already have been asked)
Can someone explain me how the "_s" from an helmet works ? I know they change the reflection of texture (mat shiny etc) but I don't know which color make different aspect, so if someone can explain me, or even give me a video/image, it would be grateful!

Color white = green in _s
Color black = orange in _s
Color green = light blue in _s
Color red = red in _s
Color dark blue = dark blue in _s

I know testing, but i dont know the way to know haha. But sometimes in game, is used a little red square as a _s

Color white = green in _s
Color black = orange in _s
Color green = light blue in _s
Color red = red in _s
Color dark blue = dark blue in _s

I know testing, but i dont know the way to know haha. But sometimes in game, is used a little red square as a _s
My question wasn't really clear tbh. What I was meaning is what color in the _s file do what reflection. I just want to know which color make the mat/shiny/glossy reflection in the _s file.

My question wasn't really clear tbh. What I was meaning is what color in the _s file do what reflection. I just want to know which color make the mat/shiny/glossy reflection in the _s file.

I think depends the _da or/and _c color

For example: i did a Mercedes green with glow/glossy effect, and i did a green skin and purple on _s

Attachments

• THIS.jpg
    THIS.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
I think depends the _da or/and _c color

For example: i did a Mercedes green with glow/glossy effect, and i did a green skin and purple on _s
So purple is shiny, so according to the light spectrum it mean more I go to red more the texture will be mat ?

So purple is shiny, so according to the light spectrum it mean more I go to red more the texture will be mat ?

I dont know xD Sorry But try to play with light blue, green, orange and purple

EDIT: Yes, light pink-purple are glow, i've tried now

Last edited:
How is tyre sidewall logo changing made? I've tried to put old bridgestone logo in, but nothing changes in game and I have no idea what is the problem
9ec3977c6265d168e35299d33b4b4423.png

The "long awaited" Face swapping tutorial is done now, it should show how to do it but I will try to answer any questions here or Youtube comments. Might not be the greatest tutorial as I didn't do a lot of set-up testing and I do assume a good modding skill level for it rather than explaining everything.

The "long awaited" Face swapping tutorial is done now, it should show how to do it but I will try to answer any questions here or Youtube comments. Might not be the greatest tutorial as I didn't do a lot of set-up testing and I do assume a good modding skill level for it rather than explaining everything.
I LOVE YOU

I want to replace Vettel's helmet with Raikkonen. How to do it together with 3d model?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.