F1 2017 F1 2017 Patch 1.5 Released to PS4 - PC, Xbox to Follow

F1 2017 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
F1 2017 Game Update.jpg

Codemasters have updated the latest Formula One game to build 1.5 on PlayStation 4, with PC and Xbox One versions to be updated as early as later today.

With the game already receiving rave reviews from fans and media outlets throughout the world, Codemasters have remained hard at work behind the scenes addressing several of the more prominent issues to raise to the surface since release back on Friday.

Following a brief update release earlier in the week, a new version 1.5 patch has already deployed to PS4 players of the title, with the same changes forming part of the incoming 1.4 Xbox One and PC update scheduled for Thursday 31st August.

It appears on initial inspection that some players have actually been adversely disadvantaged with the new update judging by user comments left on the official Codemasters forums, with reference to the audio stuttering on PC versions of the game confirmed as being investigated "with a view to fixing this as soon as possible".

So far Codemasters have been impressive with their support and community engagement for the new game, so expect to see another update addressing the audio issue in the next few days..

F1 2017 1.4 / 1.5 Patch Notes:
  • The McLaren MP4/4 is now available for selection in Multiplayer modes for players with the Special Edition.
  • Players will no longer be incorrectly disqualified from Multiplayer sessions.
  • A missing gear fault will always be fixed after swapping out a worn gearbox for a new one.
  • Fixed a crash seen loading in to any Multiplayer session.
  • Reduced the amount of gearbox and engine wear when playing 25% distance races.
Formula One 2017 is available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC now.

For more news, community chat and some pretty awesome online racing action, check out the links below;

F1 2017 Sub Forum
F1 2017 Racing Clubs and Leagues
F1 2017 Modding Forum
F1 2017 Community Car Setup Forum

How are you finding the support from Codemasters since release? What do you think of the new update(s)? Let us know in the comments section below!

I feel the AI and teams have been pretty accurate this year, I do agree, that Renault and Williams are wrong. But as for Ferrari, I think that's luck of the draw, I am currently in my career mod for HAAS, Mercedes and Ferrari are dominating and all 4 have at least one race win to their name. Then there's the rest, Red Bull to HAAS are all fighting mid pack ahead of McLaren and Sauber
The cars are Australia spec. They're not wrong. This was the ordering at the start of the year, and this is exactly how the pecking order should be at the start of career mode. One of my biggest gripes with 2016 was that the handling changes when they adapted every car to be the same spec as they were at that point in the year transferred to new career starts as well, making the Red Bull much too strong. If, whenever they make this change for 2017 as well, it ends up affecting current career runs too, then that'll completely destabilize everything.

The biggest problem right now is probably Raikkonen, whose fake times are simply too strong right now. On pure race pace I think he's largely okay, as Vettel does tend to be faster than him.

So the vast majority of you are crying like spoilt 10 year olds because a company is diligently striving to perfect a recently released game through it's own findings & customer feedback. Can you even hear yourselves? Think yourselves lucky you are not torn down by famine, oppression & poverty as you sit here whining on. Take a walk through a tin roofed slum district with no sewers & then cry about having a pc, patches delivered to you by broadband, food on the table, new this & that every other week....You are effectively complaining that your game is being fixed....awww boohoo, life's hard man - you lot make me boil. :mad:

Its all about context though isn't it, this is correct me if i'm wrong a game forum yes?
If people were to go onto a charity help forum about people who had parents with cancer or serious illness and someone started moaning about games needing day one patches then yes i'd agree with you....but in this case, on a game forum, its entirely justified within this context....

It's unfair to cover up consumer grievances about a product by simply saying "well people are dying..get a grip"...

Its all about context though isn't it, this is correct me if i'm wrong a game forum yes?
If people were to go onto a charity help forum about people who had parents with cancer or serious illness and someone started moaning about games needing day one patches then yes i'd agree with you....but in this case, on a game forum, its entirely justified within this context....

It's unfair to cover up consumer grievances about a product by simply saying "well people are dying..get a grip"...
Yeah, can't say I get the people agreeing with him. I do think CM are getting far too much flak from people who have no idea how game development works in modern times or who think they're entitled to flawless games released in record time, but even that's better than the usual "starving children in Africa" argument. Nobody is above criticism, especially not CM given their track record in recent years. Whether people know where to direct their criticism, how to do it and what can be reasonably criticized in general is an entirely different matter.

Yeah, can't say I get the people agreeing with him. I do think CM are getting far too much flak from people who have no idea how game development works in modern times or who think they're entitled to flawless games released in record time, but even that's better than the usual "starving children in Africa" argument. Nobody is above criticism, especially not CM given their track record in recent years. Whether people know where to direct their criticism, how to do it and what can be reasonably criticized in general is an entirely different matter.

True and agreed. Whatever our differences were early in the thread we both understand we are just talking about a game at the end of the day on game forum, the old "but kids are dying" argument from that guy is actually offensive. Whilst i am on a game forum i am trying to forget the horrible stuff that happens in life, thats what i game for!
But what it doesn't mean is that i am blinded to the horrors, just sometimes we all need to forget that and do stuff we enjoy...sadly even within our chosen hobbies things can still grind our gears and we vent on forums like this about it....

As a human will some intellect i can separate my feelings about a game being expressed on a game forum and my feelings regards the horrors that occur in this world we live in.... games are there to escape lets not drag up the horrors as we ALL in our own way have to deal with bad stuff and should never be made to feel guilt for being on a game forum....of course stuff is more important, at its base level everything bar eating, drinking water and staying alive is pointless.

Low blow and i hope he either apologizes or sulks away from from this thread and has a long hard think about himself...

The cars are Australia spec. They're not wrong. This was the ordering at the start of the year, and this is exactly how the pecking order should be at the start of career mode. One of my biggest gripes with 2016 was that the handling changes when they adapted every car to be the same spec as they were at that point in the year transferred to new career starts as well, making the Red Bull much too strong. If, whenever they make this change for 2017 as well, it ends up affecting current career runs too, then that'll completely destabilize everything.

The biggest problem right now is probably Raikkonen, whose fake times are simply too strong right now. On pure race pace I think he's largely okay, as Vettel does tend to be faster than him.

Ok, I notice the youtubers and those are having a raikonnen domination, but my career for some reason has the top 4 separated by 15 points I think.

Ok, I notice the youtubers and those are having a raikonnen domination, but my career for some reason has the top 4 separated by 15 points I think.
What length are you doing the race on? If it's 25%, most likely the AIs pitting first are more heavily influenced by being stuck in traffic. For me on 100%, Raikkonen has won both of the first two races, but both times Vettel qualified off the front row, got a bad strategy, got stuck in traffic yet was the fastest man on the track (engine failure in Australia from P2 while stuck behind Raikkonen and later the Mercs for the entire race, P2 5 seconds behind Raikkonen and 50 (!!) seconds ahead of Bottas in China after losing ~30-40 seconds in the rain with bad stops). Fake times might be heavily influencing this as well, as Vettel and Hamilton never seem to start on the front row for me when I don't make it into Q3 (because of the magic lap bug).

Last edited:
What length are you doing the race on? If it's 25%, most likely the AIs pitting first are more heavily influenced by being stuck in traffic. For me on 100%, Raikkonen has won both of the first two races, but both times Vettel qualified off the front row, got a bad strategy, got stuck in traffic yet was the fastest man on the track (engine failure in Australia from P2 while stuck behind Raikkonen and later the Mercs for the entire race, P2 5 seconds behind Raikkonen and 50 (!!) seconds ahead of Bottas in China after losing ~30-40 seconds in the rain with bad stops). Fake times might be heavily influencing this as well, as Vettel and Hamilton never seem to start on the front row for me when I don't make it into Q3 (because of the magic lap bug).
25% for me

25% for me
Yeah, that's probably what's causing it. Most likely on more than one occasion Raikkonen pitted from a strong position, got stuck in traffic and thus lost track position to slower cars or drivers. This doesn't happen as much on higher race lengths due to the difference in race strategies and the Ferrari being much faster than anything from Force India down.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back