F1 2017 F1 2017 Patch 1.5 Released to PS4 - PC, Xbox to Follow

F1 2017 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
F1 2017 Game Update.jpg

Codemasters have updated the latest Formula One game to build 1.5 on PlayStation 4, with PC and Xbox One versions to be updated as early as later today.

With the game already receiving rave reviews from fans and media outlets throughout the world, Codemasters have remained hard at work behind the scenes addressing several of the more prominent issues to raise to the surface since release back on Friday.

Following a brief update release earlier in the week, a new version 1.5 patch has already deployed to PS4 players of the title, with the same changes forming part of the incoming 1.4 Xbox One and PC update scheduled for Thursday 31st August.

It appears on initial inspection that some players have actually been adversely disadvantaged with the new update judging by user comments left on the official Codemasters forums, with reference to the audio stuttering on PC versions of the game confirmed as being investigated "with a view to fixing this as soon as possible".

So far Codemasters have been impressive with their support and community engagement for the new game, so expect to see another update addressing the audio issue in the next few days..

F1 2017 1.4 / 1.5 Patch Notes:
  • The McLaren MP4/4 is now available for selection in Multiplayer modes for players with the Special Edition.
  • Players will no longer be incorrectly disqualified from Multiplayer sessions.
  • A missing gear fault will always be fixed after swapping out a worn gearbox for a new one.
  • Fixed a crash seen loading in to any Multiplayer session.
  • Reduced the amount of gearbox and engine wear when playing 25% distance races.
Formula One 2017 is available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC now.

For more news, community chat and some pretty awesome online racing action, check out the links below;

F1 2017 Sub Forum
F1 2017 Racing Clubs and Leagues
F1 2017 Modding Forum
F1 2017 Community Car Setup Forum

How are you finding the support from Codemasters since release? What do you think of the new update(s)? Let us know in the comments section below!

WOW really impressive that they fix their bugs!!! NOT! It should be normal to bring out a game without bugs... but nowadays it is "impressive" when they slowly fix some bugs. What a gaming world we have come to, ridiculous!

WOW really impressive that they fix their bugs!!! NOT! It should be normal to bring out a game without bugs... but nowadays it is "impressive" when they slowly fix some bugs. What a gaming world we have come to, ridiculous!

Totally agree, using the customers as beta testers....... lets see how many patches PCars 2 gets this time, PCars 1 was what 11?
Why do people still get games on the release date? Wait at least 2 weeks i'd say till you purchase....AND NEVER PRE ORDER KIDS!!

You guys have any idea how much content needs to be checked in such a variety of ingame settings, operating systems and hardware? Add those up and there is millions of little pieces that need to be checked. Some only show up after 1000's of people play it.

The thing is: If it is a hidden, not clear to see bug, I have no problem with it. But e.g. the 25% race engine wear exactly shows: There was no beta testing! What an obvious bug... And then with one patch already at v1.5 LOL I will wait until patch 8...

You guys have any idea how much content needs to be checked in such a variety of ingame settings, operating systems and hardware? Add those up and there is millions of little pieces that need to be checked. Some only show up after 1000's of people play it.
I wouldn't expect these people to know anything about the process of developing and releasing a product.

The thing is: If it is a hidden, not clear to see bug, I have no problem with it. But e.g. the 25% race engine wear exactly shows: There was no beta testing! What an obvious bug... And then with one patch already at v1.5 LOL I will wait until patch 8...
The only time you're ever going to see the 25% bug is if you have someone who's willing to do the full 30 laps in practice for multiple races, which, yes, is likely going to go unseen in testing when the primary focus is on multiplayer and the like. Just look at how few people are saying anything about 50% having a scaled down version of the exact same bug even after release.

I wouldn't expect these people to know anything about the process of developing and releasing a product.

The only time you're ever going to see the 25% bug is if you have someone who's willing to do the full 30 laps in practice for multiple races, which, yes, is likely going to go unseen in testing when the primary focus is on multiplayer and the like. Just look at how few people are saying anything about 50% having a scaled down version of the exact same bug even after release.

"These people" you say, what customers? Why should we? As customers we purchase things and expect them to work.
The point is anyway that the gaming industry seems to be able to just release unfinished or broken games and just rely on patches like its part of the deal and then get massive praise for fixing issues they likely knew about but had to release anyway...
They can get away with this stuff because the most vocal are the people like you shouting everyone down.....
Just simply stop buying games at day one, I see the date and leave it at least 2 weeks to see proper reviews and then see the first patches..
My choice. Your choice is to blindly defend.

Not that easy, no company makes a perfect game off the bat. Look at the failure rfactor 2 has been, the rfactor community is pretty much dead, I still don't get why ISI didn't use the base of rfactor 1, fine tune it and send it out to people in beta if they wanted, got them to trial for bugs then do an update. Too late now though

"These people" you say, what customers? Why should we? As customers we purchase things and expect them to work.
Developers have to meet deadlines set by the publishers. With or without accounting for that, there will always be bugs. Don't like it, don't buy it. The industry is long past the point of catering to people like you.

And of course there will be a lot of people like me shouting you down when you're completely out of your mind and don't have the slightest clue as to how game development works or should work. You're little more than one potential customer out of however many, after all.

My "choice" is based on reason and experience as a developer. Yours is little more than impatience and frothing rage without any constructive feedback whatsoever. Point those problems out to CM instead of whining about them on a forum they never check.

Developers have to meet deadlines set by the publishers. With or without accounting for that, there will always be bugs. Don't like it, don't buy it. The industry is long past the point of catering to people like you.

And of course there will be a lot of people like me shouting you down when you're completely out of your mind and don't have the slightest clue as to how game development works or should work. You're little more than one potential customer out of however many, after all.

My "choice" is based on reason and experience as a developer. Yours is little more than impatience and frothing rage without any constructive feedback whatsoever. Point those problems out to CM instead of whining about them on a forum they never check.

<snip> I'm not frothing with rage about anything just agreeing with the OP and offering my advise which is wait to purchase games after first few inevitable patches so you get the bad stuff ironed out....you are biased as you are a developer who is clearly happy with just pushing out substandard stuff because "the publisher made me do it"....

mod edited - No need for the personal abuse

Last edited by a moderator:
m8

Don't expect anyone to take you seriously when you can't even remember your own statements.

But am i frothing with rage? Its a game forum so within the context of that i am saying don't pre order games, I'm not raging about it as its simply a game and entertainment.
If i went to a movie and 30 mins in the movie had a bad bit of editing that missed say 10 mins out of it then again cut the ending off i'd not be too happy and i would tell the people to avoid the movie until the director fixed it....
I would not be frothing about it in rage though....odd odd person. You honestly think its better that games get released unfinished or bust and we then just wait for the patches?
Organic games like RF2 or Raceroom you know they are a WIP, but SMS were talking about PCars 2 whilst PCars 1 was still broken in places! Come on man....take your corporate ball sucking hat off for just one minute...

25% scale bug definitely fixed. finally. the game forced me to do my career races with 50% and i dont have that much time.

but the liveries, numbers and car performances should be already ingame. everyone was hoping for a day one patch for that. i hope it will come in the next days. The Williams is way to fast, the renault is waaaay to slow ( except Palmer haha ) and the ferrari especially Raikkönen should be downgraded. RAI wins 70% of all year 1 career races :D

25% scale bug definitely fixed. finally. the game forced me to do my career races with 50% and i dont have that much time.

but the liveries, numbers and car performances should be already ingame. everyone was hoping for a day one patch for that. i hope it will come in the next days. The Williams is way to fast, the renault is waaaay to slow ( except Palmer haha ) and the ferrari especially Raikkönen should be downgraded. RAI wins 70% of all year 1 career races :D
The Renault is hardly slow. It's superb in a straight line and has very good downforce. I wouldn't trust the performance bars, as just about everywhere I've tried it so far it's faster than the Force India, which, if anything, is unintentionally correct as of Spa. The Haas is the one that's too fast, being a further 3 tenths faster than the Renault in most places I've tested it in, but given it's one of the harder cars to drive, I'd honestly just keep it that way, especially with Grosjean finishing 7th at Spa.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back