F1 2017 F1 2017 Released for PC, Xbox One and PS4

F1 2017 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
F1 2017 Released 4.jpg

The latest in a long line of officially licensed Formula One games is here... introducing Formula One 2017 by British development studio Codemasters, available for PC and console from today.

Featuring the official license to represent the 2017 FIA Formula One World Championship, F1 2017 is the eight successive title to be released under the watchful eye of Codemasters and looks set to become the biggest and most polished release from the franchise to date.

Oh and to celebrate, check out the new TV advert for the game;

Fully Realised Career Mode
Delve deeper than ever before into the new vehicle management features that require the player to balance resource to improve performance, keep the car reliable, and avoid punishing grid penalties.

Pick up and Play Multiplayer
With improved multiplayer matchmaking, new online stats and a levelling system, and all multiplayer session types will allow the option of racing either the 2017 cars or the classic cars.

12 Absolute Classics
The classic cars are integrated into the career mode, and can be raced in both Single Class and Multi Class Races. There are also new ‘invitational events’ with a variety of exciting gameplay modes that include: Overtake, Pursuit, Checkpoint Challenge and Time Attack.
  • 1988 McLaren MP4/4 *
  • 1991 McLaren MP4/6
  • 1992 Williams FW14B
  • 1995 Ferrari 412 T2
  • 1996 Williams FW18
  • 1998 McLaren MP4-13
  • 2002 Ferrari F2002
  • 2004 Ferrari F2004
  • 2006 Renault R26
  • 2007 Ferrari F2007
  • 2008 McLaren MP4 -23
  • 2010 Red Bull Racing RB6
  • * (DLC car in F1 2017 Special Edition)
Research and Develop
We’ve completely overhauled how you progress your team in career mode. Many more options available to upgrade.

Alternate Track Layouts
A first for the franchise, as well as the 20 official circuits, there are four additional track variants added to the game.

Formula One 2017 is available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC right now.

F1 2017 Released 2.jpg
F1 2017 Released 3.jpg
F1 2017 Released.jpg

For more news, community chat and some pretty awesome online racing action, check out the links below;

F1 2017 Sub Forum
F1 2017 Racing Clubs and Leagues
F1 2017 Modding Forum
F1 2017 Community Car Setup Forum

How are you finding the new game? Happy with your experience so far? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
How's the FFB on G27 and hows performance? Anyone running a 1070 with triples on this game?
I'm on the fence of getting it but not quite convinced yet :coffee:
Personally not happy with it. 2016 did a better job of it in and out of corners. The bumps are more noticeable and the mid-corner feeling is better, but those don't compensate for the lack of response in more important areas. You won't know for sure until you've tried it though, so you're probably best off getting it on Steam, trying it for a couple of hours and then refunding if you don't like it. Some people are happy with it, so you might be too.

Last edited:
Superb game.

Performance is excellent - everything on max on my modest system.

FFB is amazing, can feel every bump and oversteer / understeer. NO INPUT LAG.

Graphics are superb.

Haven't started career mode, just quick races at the moment....when I manage to pick my jaw off the floor then I'll dive into career.

Buy without hesitation. Best F1 game ever.

The last one was a problem in 2016 as well and from what I can tell, it hasn't been fixed.

There is TAA only.

For me....I've played with multiple settings for hours both in game and in the nvidia drivers and I can't get smooth edge lines, or lines without small white sparkles.

Annoying? Yes - I'm a graphics addict and it's pissed me off.

However, balanced against the rest of the game I'm prepared to endure it and dive into and enjoy the rest of the experience for the amazing game / sim that it is.

Thanks

Not forgetting new tyres and decent track focused tyres, brake upgrades. Errmmm, travel costs, any damage done to the car.......
I used to track day, and did karting....now its purely 'sim'... and its bloomin cheap and truthfully a lot more fun.
I now look at it as "why would i spend £150 on track day when i could just pick from 6 great sim games pretty much any car and track combo in the world...."

Not forgetting new tyres and decent track focused tyres, brake upgrades. Errmmm, travel costs, any damage done to the car.......
I used to track day, and did karting....now its purely 'sim'... and its bloomin cheap and truthfully a lot more fun.
I now look at it as "why would i spend £150 on track day when i could just pick from 6 great sim games pretty much any car and track combo in the world...."
Don't need new tyres and brakes if you take cooldown laps and backoff as soon as you feel slight brake loss. Trackday is not the same thing as hotlapping and if you are smart about it you don't need track prepped car to do couple of laps if you have those cooldown laps in between for example.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back