F1 2017 F1 2017 Patch 1.5 Released to PS4 - PC, Xbox to Follow

F1 2017 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
F1 2017 Game Update.jpg

Codemasters have updated the latest Formula One game to build 1.5 on PlayStation 4, with PC and Xbox One versions to be updated as early as later today.

With the game already receiving rave reviews from fans and media outlets throughout the world, Codemasters have remained hard at work behind the scenes addressing several of the more prominent issues to raise to the surface since release back on Friday.

Following a brief update release earlier in the week, a new version 1.5 patch has already deployed to PS4 players of the title, with the same changes forming part of the incoming 1.4 Xbox One and PC update scheduled for Thursday 31st August.

It appears on initial inspection that some players have actually been adversely disadvantaged with the new update judging by user comments left on the official Codemasters forums, with reference to the audio stuttering on PC versions of the game confirmed as being investigated "with a view to fixing this as soon as possible".

So far Codemasters have been impressive with their support and community engagement for the new game, so expect to see another update addressing the audio issue in the next few days..

F1 2017 1.4 / 1.5 Patch Notes:
  • The McLaren MP4/4 is now available for selection in Multiplayer modes for players with the Special Edition.
  • Players will no longer be incorrectly disqualified from Multiplayer sessions.
  • A missing gear fault will always be fixed after swapping out a worn gearbox for a new one.
  • Fixed a crash seen loading in to any Multiplayer session.
  • Reduced the amount of gearbox and engine wear when playing 25% distance races.
Formula One 2017 is available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC now.

For more news, community chat and some pretty awesome online racing action, check out the links below;

F1 2017 Sub Forum
F1 2017 Racing Clubs and Leagues
F1 2017 Modding Forum
F1 2017 Community Car Setup Forum

How are you finding the support from Codemasters since release? What do you think of the new update(s)? Let us know in the comments section below!

Hey guys. I have a problem. if i try to connect to multiplayer lobby and the computer is find one i connected, but i wait 5 minutes and WTF '' Lost connection to the steam,, PLS help me wtf is this! :Thnaks. :)
its a steam Problem. its also struggling with the workshop and downloads. but it happens a lot at the last/first day of the month when people get their money and running to the steam shop to buy games haha

The Renault is hardly slow. It's superb in a straight line and has very good downforce. I wouldn't trust the performance bars, as just about everywhere I've tried it so far it's faster than the Force India, which, if anything, is unintentionally correct as of Spa. The Haas is the one that's too fast, being a further 3 tenths faster than the Renault in most places I've tested it in, but given it's one of the harder cars to drive, I'd honestly just keep it that way, especially with Grosjean finishing 7th at Spa.
in my current career ( T1 at Hungary) Haas scored only 3 Points which confuses me after your comment. maybe CM put in something like a momentum. a random generated performance nerf/buff with every new career mode or Season? i dont know.

And here I was thinking the 25% 'career bug' was intentional design. I tried with McLaren (and an F1 2016 mindset of doing all the practice programs) and had all sorts of failures in the first race ('rich mode is unavailble' etc etc). I restarted the career in the Renault and again doing all the practices I couldn't even finish race 2 without major failures. I thought this was as designed so worked my way around it - chose practice laps carefully and invested in durability and 3rd time lucky I've made it to Russia (R4) on the first gearbox and less than 50% of wear on 2 full engine units. This wouldn't be too far from the truth given all the breakdowns McLaren and Renault have had throughout the year.

I thought they'd really upped the overall game difficulty, oh well it'll be interesting to see it after the patch!

The only other thing I've noticed is this year the difficulty in the practice sessions seems much higher - eg better lap times required for the challenges. In the McLaren I really struggle to hit the times/wear/consumption etc.

in my current career ( T1 at Hungary) Haas scored only 3 Points which confuses me after your comment. maybe CM put in something like a momentum. a random generated performance nerf/buff with every new career mode or Season? i dont know.
I've done a number of multiplayer races with AIs, as well as one race in career mode, and in all but that very race in career mode where he got taken out twice, Grosjean has universally been the best of the T2 drivers, with Haas usually outscoring every other T2 and him and Hulkenberg demolishing the other drivers. Seeing as there's no real relationship between any two different MP races, it's pretty real.

In fact, I've just done qualifying in China in career mode, and before the qualifying bug kicked in, Grosjean was over 3 tenths faster than Stroll and any other T2 AI, being the only one that was faster than me in fact.

The only other thing I've noticed is this year the difficulty in the practice sessions seems much higher - eg better lap times required for the challenges. In the McLaren I really struggle to hit the times/wear/consumption etc.
It's pretty overdone. In my experience, the AI is much, much slower in the race compared to qualifying and practice, and you really don't need to be anywhere near as extreme as the tests want you to be in order to do well.

the Q AI is definitely broken. i tested it in Austria where i started my flying lap just a few seconds before running out of time. i just went P17 with a sauber equal time to Alonso and a few tenths in front of Vandoorne and Wehrlein , session ends, no cars on track > P20 +0,8 seconds behind Vandoorne. yeah nice.. OP ghost laps from the AI which arent even driving at the end of the session. in a sauber i can go with that but when i change to a top team and going down from pole to P3/4/5/6 i will freak out. i cant understand why its not fixed yet. it was one of the very first discussions in the steam community.

the Q AI is definitely broken. i tested it in Austria where i started my flying lap just a few seconds before running out of time. i just went P17 with a sauber equal time to Alonso and a few tenths in front of Vandoorne and Wehrlein , session ends, no cars on track > P20 +0,8 seconds behind Vandoorne. yeah nice.. OP ghost laps from the AI which arent even driving at the end of the session. in a sauber i can go with that but when i change to a top team and going down from pole to P3/4/5/6 i will freak out. i cant understand why its not fixed yet. it was one of the very first discussions in the steam community.
It was in 2016 as well, but this time around there are two frustrating issues:
  • it happens to almost every AI driver now compared to 1-2 in 2016, and I definitely can't figure out how to manipulate it
  • if the fake times were occasionally slower than what the AI could normally set it'd maybe be a bit more acceptable, but so far they're 0.6-0.9s faster everywhere with these times, which is ludicrous

I just hope for a quick fix to AI Qually times to delve deeply into the career.

I guess I'll do a bit of "pre-season testing" to see how setup changes affect the car while waiting. It's really frustrating to not be able to beat objectives in qually due to this bug...

WOW really impressive that they fix their bugs!!! NOT! It should be normal to bring out a game without bugs... but nowadays it is "impressive" when they slowly fix some bugs. What a gaming world we have come to, ridiculous!

I havn't got the game yet but holy hell this comment is ridiculous....back in the day we had to PUT UP with game bugs...Jet Set Willy....circa 1984 had a game breaking bug, NEVER fixed.....fast forward a bit and we had to get patches from disks then CD via magazines, then now via the net, which is FAR more convenient and faster than it's EVER been...Games have NEVER EVER been bug free.

So the vast majority of you are crying like spoilt 10 year olds because a company is diligently striving to perfect a recently released game through it's own findings & customer feedback. Can you even hear yourselves? Think yourselves lucky you are not torn down by famine, oppression & poverty as you sit here whining on. Take a walk through a tin roofed slum district with no sewers & then cry about having a pc, patches delivered to you by broadband, food on the table, new this & that every other week....You are effectively complaining that your game is being fixed....awww boohoo, life's hard man - you lot make me boil. :mad:

Last edited:
Take a walk through a tin roofed slum district with no sewers you lot make me boil. :mad:

I was doing just this the other day. Walking through a rough South American shanty town with tin roofs and open sewers and flies everywhere. You could almost feel the oppression.
Call of Duty is still an awesome game don't you think?. You can shoot through some of the tin roofs and kill the bad guys and it's ace lobbing a grenade through the doors and seeing the roof blow out. But that had some pretty bad glitches too and needed patching.

But you are right, life is hard. I couldn't record my favourite programme last night and I missed it. And that means untold grief and hardship for me. I'll have to watch it on demand now instead.:(:thumbsdown:

And to make matters worse, someone was complaining about Helmet renders that could be done by a child with some crayons and a sketch pad.;)
Some perspective there. :thumbsup:

WOW really impressive that they fix their bugs!!! NOT! It should be normal to bring out a game without bugs... but nowadays it is "impressive" when they slowly fix some bugs. What a gaming world we have come to, ridiculous!

It's the same for almost all seasonal games. Once the game is out developers are working on designing the next game with a skeleton crew working on patches. Why bother patching when a new game is going to be released next year. Player base of sport games, in particular, tend to drop off drastically during the off season only being picked back up just before the new game is released.

And to make matters worse, someone was complaining about Helmet renders that could be done by a child with some crayons and a sketch pad.;)
Some perspective there. :thumbsup:

@Andy Jackson: Point taken. But an off the chalk board effort at helmet rendering that is sub-artistic in comparison to the rest of the work involved in creating the F1 series, just seems, well...lazy. They still work, with some tweaks here & there, but it's like building the Sistine chapel & then slapping a tin roof on it.
Hey, it doesn't break the game & the F1 releases have inherently needed bugs ironing out. I just *facedesk* every year when the whiners kick off about devs fundamentally streaming patches out through feedback to create a better experience for everyone. Whine about no support sure, devs releasing something & walking away [No Man's Sky] but to sneer with derision over game support being openly & fully given, is, quite frankly, the folly of idiots.

WAT?! This game is already out? Is there another one after this one being advertised? Or did this just come out? F1 and Forza is two games that make my head spin. I see them as "upcoming" games ALL THE TIME. :D

You guys have any idea how much content needs to be checked in such a variety of ingame settings, operating systems and hardware? Add those up and there is millions of little pieces that need to be checked. Some only show up after 1000's of people play it.

+1

Not to mention every sim I have ever played had bugs and still have bugs !

Difference is these days they try to fix them for ungrateful peeps

How is that a bad thing

Read some guys using patch 1.05 qualifying as 5th, but 10th during race? (Another one had Q 5th, R 10th, Q 16th but R 20th ). Not sure though if they've reported, and a new fix would be due.

25% scale bug definitely fixed. finally. the game forced me to do my career races with 50% and i dont have that much time.

but the liveries, numbers and car performances should be already ingame. everyone was hoping for a day one patch for that. i hope it will come in the next days. The Williams is way to fast, the renault is waaaay to slow ( except Palmer haha ) and the ferrari especially Raikkönen should be downgraded. RAI wins 70% of all year 1 career races :D
I feel the AI and teams have been pretty accurate this year, I do agree, that Renault and Williams are wrong. But as for Ferrari, I think that's luck of the draw, I am currently in my career mod for HAAS, Mercedes and Ferrari are dominating and all 4 have at least one race win to their name. Then there's the rest, Red Bull to HAAS are all fighting mid pack ahead of McLaren and Sauber

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 246 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 242 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%