F1 2015 F1 2015 Logitech G25 / G27 / DFGT settings

F1 2015 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi everyone
I got a dfgt wheel but cant feel any FFB in game. I have 65% overrall in driver and 100% in game. I try 900' and 360' but nothing helped.
What should I do?

I know, that's why i'm confused at his suggestion...

Does he even understand that it's still working even if it's not open in the desktop?
Is this a kind of placebo effect for some?

I'm sorry for not replying before now, What I meant was that when I used the profiler to LAUNCH the game, the wheel was super sensitive despite tveaking the setup. But when I let the profiler just run in the background (ofc) , but started the game from steam or desktop instead of starting it from the profiler THEN it where completely fine.

But now I understand what you guys mean with DZ being huge, after I installed another racing title today, an older one that I've had for qutie some time. I now either close the profiler completely and suffer oversensitive wheel, or run with the profiler and get the massive DZ. I uninstalled the game as that was the only thing that I had changed, but it doesn't matter. Now I'm have the same problem as some of you guys

Be careful here ......... straight after the patch (patch 4) using the G27 I had a +45 -45 degree deadzone, where I didn't have one before.

You must lose any custom wheel mappings, and reselect your wheel to fix this issue. Your previous wheel settings are stored in your game profile, and the game used those settings.

Changing controllers in the options, like selecting keyboard and then re-selecting your wheel, will force the game to load any new settings from the actionmap.xml file (and perhaps other files too).

Now that you've re-selected your wheel, you can now remap any buttons/keys to created a custom profile (if you use one).

This fixed my huge new post-patch deadzone. :)

Be careful here ......... straight after the patch using the G27 I had a +45 -45 degree deadzone, where I didn't have one before.

You must lose any custom wheel mappings, and reselect your wheel to fix this issue. Your previous wheel settings are stored in your game profile, and the game used those settings.

Changing controllers in the options, like selecting keyboard and then re-selecting your wheel, will force the game to load any new settings from the actionmap.xml file (and perhaps other files too).

Now that you've re-selected your wheel, you can now remap any buttons/keys to created a custom profile (if you use one).

This fixed my huge new post-patch deadzone. :)

Sadly doesn't work for me, I have to choose standard G27 keybindings each time I start the game, then I can remap the controls and it still works, but everytime I quit the game and reenter it the deadzone is yet there again and I have to do the procedure all over again. : /

Sadly doesn't work for me, I have to choose standard G27 keybindings each time I start the game, then I can remap the controls and it still works, but everytime I quit the game and reenter it the deadzone is yet there again and I have to do the procedure all over again. : /

My post above was specific to a new deadzone problem that you may get after installing Patch 4. Nothing to do with any previous deadzone issues you were having pre-patch :)

The usual reason for losing keybinds in this whole series of games, is NOT starting your game with your controller's start button. You must use the controller to skip through the initial start screens, you must not use your keyboard. If you use your keyboard (enter key) to skip the screens, the keyboard will become the default controller, and you will have to reselect your wheel and re-bind any buttons.

logitech-g27-shifter.jpg

Last edited:
My post above was specific to a new deadzone problem that you may get after installing Patch 4. Nothing to do with any previous deadzone issues you were having pre-patch :)

The usual reason for losing keybinds in this whole series of games, is NOT starting your game with your controller's start button. You must use the controller to skip through the initial start screens, you must not use your keyboard. If you use your keyboard it will become the default controller, and you will have to reselect your wheel and re-bind any buttons.

View attachment 100594

As I stated above I have NEVER had an DZ issue before today. This patch created the DZ issue for me. The only way around it that I have noticed is that everytime I start the game I need to choose G27 default setup, which is impossible to use on pro season as the button for communitcating is on the right side of the wheel and as I am used to right sided trafic my stick is on the right side and that means that I have to cross my arms to be able to ask how much fuel I have or to change settings with brake balance etc.

Only thing I can do is start the game and choose the G27 default, then just press "X" on the G27 (console xbox X button, ported game I asume). and then everytime I start the game redefine the controls, this works but it's quite a hassle as I never had to do this before today

As I stated above I have NEVER had an DZ issue before today. This patch created the DZ issue for me.

Doh!

My apologies, I somehow got it into my head that your issue was on-going when I started to reply, a totally reverse of what you actually said. I should have re-read your post again before hitting 'post'.

I am therefore declaring an official 'senior moment' ...... I am allowed 12 per year :)

Doh!

My apologies, I somehow got it into my head that your issue was on-going when I started to reply, a totally reverse of what you actually said. I should have re-read your post again before hitting 'post'.

I am therefore declaring an official 'senior moment' ...... I am allowed 12 per year :)

;) I'm just so frustrated as the game was fine besides hitting second gear while exiting pits in 50% of the cases, and that nobody seems to play online, but that's not my main goal with the game anyhow. Now they fck it up and Created a dz that wasn't there for me atleast, though I do feel sorry for people who have had this DZ before me but some of them (not all ofc) seem to go berserk and that doesn't solve much anyhow.

I tried starting the game through not touching the keyboard but it doesn't matter, I need to redefine all keybindings every time now to get it to work, and the strange part is that the steering left and right are exactly the same "buttons" (wheel axis) as the g27 preloaded setup and my own setup (kinda obvious but anyhow) so I don't get what's the difference and how to fix it so I don't have to spend time redefining keybindings everytime I want to play

There is no such options in game, only G27 , keyboard or custom . only thing I have concluded is that I need to chose G27 then change 70% of the keybindings to custom as my "stick" is on the right side of me as I live in Sweden and we have right handed traffic. If I lived in GB it wouldn't be a problem with using the G27 red button on the top right of the wheel to talk to race engineer as I then could use the my left hand to issue commands to talk to him or change fuel settings etc, but I can't use both my right hand to hold down the button on the wheel and at the same time cross my left arm to choose what to ask the engineer. I guess they implemented this setup for people using the stick at the left side of the wheel.

Great now I can't even enter the game from steam :p

Edit: I am not propagating for piracy here so don't missunderstand me but I bet that if I had downloaded the game instead of bought it I wouldn't have had this issues right now. But I still want to support the company that makes this titles no matter if even I gets frustrated right now.

I use mine right handed (GB), that's more to do with my computer desk really :)

Yes, I remap the engineer (radio) to the top left button and DRS to the top right. Usually I don't use the radio anyway, the engineer talks too much even when you set the engineer for critical info only. I guess you use it more when in Pro Mode with no HUD etc.

The strange thing is that I can select the G29 or G27

I use mine right handed (GB), that's more to do with my computer desk really :)

Yes, I remap the engineer (radio) to the top left button and DRS to the top right. Usually I don't use the radio anyway, the engineer talks too much even when you set the engineer for critical info only. I guess you use it more when in Pro Mode with no HUD etc.

The strange thing is that I can select the G29 or G27

Yes as I can only play pro mode I need to be able to talk to the engineer, when I play 2014 season I can only play the first 4 races when I come to spain it hangs, I tried 2 times in a row started from scratch, when I play championship 2015 season I can get to italy but when I start singapore it freezes , not so on Pro Season, so that's the only thing I can play and I kinda like it more anyways. I use the lowest left red button on the wheel for radio and the top right for championship or quick race to see dmg , heat etc , as DRS now is on the wheels of the F1 cars to the left and not to the right anymore

Just a tought what if you set the key bindings and make the key maps document(no idea where it is or how its called) read only?

Now my main problem is that the game refuses to start. I have reinstalled in on steam two times now, first time it started again, but now it doesn't start, there isn't even a process running that is linked to the game. I don't know what to do, I can't start the game and I more and more wish I just skipped paying for a game that doesn't start. My experience is that when you don't pay for your games it works better. But I never pirat games I want to support. But I might have gotten this backwards as I have been unable to play the game while does who do not pay can enjoy it without hassle, and if they too are subjected to hassle atleast they aren't financialy hit. I am not rich so I can't buy more than a couple of games each year , so the myth of the obselete middlemen that take almost all money from the creators of the game isn't really needed, They try to force people to pay for a dead industry that they are terrified of loosing, but people who piracy games are often those who can't afford to buy the games even if they wanted to contribute, so the big companies aka middlemen that aren't really neccecary in in the development of this new era are all obselete. for example, the music industry claim that by piracy artists lose money, though the majority of the money go to middlemen who are already rich and serves no purpose any more. As I said before I'm not exusing piracy I'm for getting the artists the money they deserve but the matter of fact is that the majority of the money is sent into the greedy middlemens pockets and a fraction to the musicians, to make an example that holds true for many similar genres. excuse my spelling I to tired to correct it. cheers

Is anyone else having problem with G27 in high speed corners??
To me, I just cant drive like this, speaking about TT, I have watched few of youtubers and their lap times are WOW. The problem is in HSC, the car just doesnt want to turn the front end, lets say in China or Malaysia the high speed section, they are using only half wheel lock to make a corner, but to me I need to slow down, otherwise I have found myself doing full lock in high speed corners and the car simply doesnt want to turn. Dont know does it have something with wheels settings on G27 or with the game itself but this sucx. In previous game titles, starting from 2010-2014 on every track in TT I was in top 30, in 2015 it is impossible, 2 seconds off the pace. I am having some real problems in high speed sections. Anybody else have this problem??

Hello! guys, Have an annoying problem with my DFGT While I'm in practice, suddenly my wheel become hard to steer. My centering spring is set to 60%. To resolve this have to open the profiler and just click Ok each time

Also when I want to play I have to go to Custom Control to calibrate the wheel, left and right only. If I'm in TT and I go to Championship mode or I restart the session I have to re-calibrate my wheel.

Hope guys you can help me

Hello! guys, Have an annoying problem with my DFGT While I'm in practice, suddenly my wheel become hard to steer. My centering spring is set to 60%. To resolve this have to open the profiler and just click Ok each time

Also when I want to play I have to go to Custom Control to calibrate the wheel, left and right only. If I'm in TT and I go to Championship mode or I restart the session I have to re-calibrate my wheel.

Hope guys you can help me

1/ For your profiling problem I would recommend deleting any profile you have created specifically for F1 2015. In the profiling software just go to the global settings and create a global profile.

Set the wheel rotation to 360 degrees, and all the other settings to what you want to use with this games (FFB, centering etc.).

Because you now have no profile for F1 2015, the global profile will be used by default. For any other game the profile for that game will be used as normal.

Hopefully you'll have less problems with F1 2015 now

2/
This seems to be a bug effecting many wheel users. Some have had it a while (pot luck I think), and others have now got that problem due to Patch 4, where they didn't have it before. I've never had a real problem with my G27 except that my custom F1 2015 profile didn't seem to work (see 1 above), but since patch 4 it looks like I now have to recalibrate the left and right axis each time I play.

Cheers :)

Is anyone else having problem with G27 in high speed corners??
To me, I just cant drive like this, speaking about TT, I have watched few of youtubers and their lap times are WOW. The problem is in HSC, the car just doesnt want to turn the front end, lets say in China or Malaysia the high speed section, they are using only half wheel lock to make a corner, but to me I need to slow down, otherwise I have found myself doing full lock in high speed corners and the car simply doesnt want to turn. Dont know does it have something with wheels settings on G27 or with the game itself but this sucx. In previous game titles, starting from 2010-2014 on every track in TT I was in top 30, in 2015 it is impossible, 2 seconds off the pace. I am having some real problems in high speed sections. Anybody else have this problem??

I would never compare yourself to other you-tube players. You have no idea what degree of rotation, saturation or linearity settings they are using with their wheels compared to your settings.

The only way you can compare the lock is if you know that all players are using the same settings, or the recommend Codemasters settings i.e 360 degree wheel rotation, and saturation/linearity set to zero. Using the Codemasters settings, you will be 1:1 with your in-car wheel, so can compare the lock visually.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back