F1 2015 F1 2015 Logitech G25 / G27 / DFGT settings

F1 2015 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi everyone
I got a dfgt wheel but cant feel any FFB in game. I have 65% overrall in driver and 100% in game. I try 900' and 360' but nothing helped.
What should I do?

So i have spent the last hour or so working on my G27 settings and its not bad, a little heavy but i like it like that.

Ingame settings:
  • Steering Deadzone 1 all others 0
  • FFB
    • Feedback Strength: 70
    • Environmental Feedback: 70
    • Wheel Weight: 100

Logitech Profiler Settings:
  • Game Specific Settings
    • All tick boxes turned off
  • Global Device Settings
    • Overall Effect Strength: 120%
    • Spring Effect Strengh: 50%
    • Damper Effect Strengh: 50%
    • Enable Centering Spring: Checked
    • Centering Spring Strengh: 60%
    • Degrees of Rotation: 400
    • Allow Game to adjust settings: checked

This also seems to have cured the deadzone issue for me, i think the key to this was setting a deadzone of 1

So i have spent the last hour or so working on my G27 settings and its not bad, a little heavy but i like it like that.

Ingame settings:
  • FFB

• Game Specific Settings
  • Global Device Settings

This also seems to have cured the deadzone issue for me, i think the key to this was setting a deadzone of 1
So it has to be in Global, and it won't work if these are set in the Game-specific settings? Meaning, we have to reset Global everytime we play another sim (ie. SCE, rF2, etc)?

Ingame settings:
  • FFB

• Game Specific Settings
  • Global Device Settings

you can set deadzone to -0.0xx in action_map_preset_win.xml file, it's works for me with deadzone issues;)

I can't seem to feel the car. Oversteer and impacts feel great, but in the corners I can't tell how much steering lock I need. In previous games there was a point where the steering would go light, and that was the maximum slip angle for that speed. I doubt that is realistic, but I feel like I'm losing a ton of time. If you overdo it, the tires overheat and are ruined pretty quickly.

man i get not even a right setup....the pedals are extremly ****ed up! whatever i put in for values

and then the braking is just horrible (just tipping the pedals and the weels just freking blocking all the time or getting extremely hot....and the gaspedal are one time up to 50% pressing active or just by 0% and ist getting uncontrollable...

the ffb is ok i think but with no right settings the game is just no fun at all .-.

So it has to be in Global, and it won't work if these are set in the Game-specific settings? Meaning, we have to reset Global everytime we play another sim (ie. SCE, rF2, etc)?
Make a profile for each individual game you have in the Logitech profiler.Then whichever game you play the Logitech profiler selects the correct profile for that game.No resetting any global profiles.There's a video on YouTube showing you how to do it.:thumbsup:

Make a profile for each individual game you have in the Logitech profiler.Then whichever game you play the Logitech profiler selects the correct profile for that game.No resetting any global profiles.There's a video on YouTube showing you how to do it.:thumbsup:
Hi Jake, yes I'm familiar with Profiler, and I have separate profiles for other games. I was just verifying why this setup for F1 2015 has it set in Global settings, and not in game-specific.

I'm not sure of the impact of the settings in Global to the game-specific ones, because I sometimes have issues where some games seem to be accessing Global, rather than game-specific. For ex, in AC, I have a separate game-specific profile, but AC keeps reading the degrees of rotation from Global (even if Global is set to 'NOT allow changing game settings'). Though this is OT.

Hi Jake, yes I'm familiar with Profiler, and I have separate profiles for other games. I was just verifying why this setup for F1 2015 has it set in Global settings, and not in game-specific.

I'm not sure of the impact of the settings in Global to the game-specific ones, because I sometimes have issues where some games seem to be accessing Global, rather than game-specific. For ex, in AC, I have a separate game-specific profile, but AC keeps reading the degrees of rotation from Global (even if Global is set to 'NOT allow changing game settings'). Though this is OT.[/QUOTE
OK buddy. Seems a strange one with the global.I can't help you on that front.I'm a technophobe.

Nothing short of enabling centre spring (which I hate doing) is making a difference to the massive loose play I have on the wheel at low speeds. There's just nothing there, its like turning the handlebars on a bicycle with the front lifted up. Have got a refund for now in case it's one of those things they don't address. No enjoyment at all playing it like this for me.

Ingame settings:
  • FFB

• Game Specific Settings
  • Global Device Settings

just wanted to say, THANK YOU, started using these settings and i can compete with legend ai now, was doing ok with expert before, my god what a difference!

I am still working at getting to driving with no assists in 2015 and at present have worked my way up to no track control, but I just can't hang on to my back end. if I maintain traction out of the turn, I am too slow and get overtaken or worse yet, rear ended by AI. If I try to match AI, I just loose my back end.

I can't make out whether it's my lousy driving or I just haven't got my wheel set up right. The wheel just seems so twitchy. I try to be smooth with my foot on the pedal, but it always seems that when I get to a certain point on the pedal the RPM just goes way up and my rear end brakes away.

Any driving or set up tips would be welcome.

G27 doesnt seem to have that good FFB by default. The best effort so far I believe - profiler 120%,50%,50% Check the centre spring at 30%, 375degrees rotation and check allow game to adjust settings. In game all zeros... then Feedback Strngth 70, Env 50 and wheel weight 100.
This is not brilliant but it does feel realistic in parts!! Note the accelerator is really sensitive on my G27 and I really have to "feather" the throttle for good results.

If the AI is backending you, you are going too slow on the racing line... so either get off it until your tyres have reached temperature or youve practised some more. To improve quickly,my advice would be to take off all the assists (elite), but leave the racing line on. Go to the time trials and try to drive for 50 laps or so, starting slowly, but getting gradually faster. Once you feel comfortable, with the line off, drive a race at that track. You can change the game difficulty as you progress. The only real way to improve at this game is to practise....

G27 doesnt seem to have that good FFB by default. The best effort so far I believe - profiler 120%,50%,50% Check the centre spring at 30%, 375degrees rotation and check allow game to adjust settings. In game all zeros... then Feedback Strngth 70, Env 50 and wheel weight 100.
This is not brilliant but it does feel realistic in parts!! Note the accelerator is really sensitive on my G27 and I really have to "feather" the throttle for good results.

If the AI is backending you, you are going too slow on the racing line... so either get off it until your tyres have reached temperature or youve practised some more. To improve quickly,my advice would be to take off all the assists (elite), but leave the racing line on. Go to the time trials and try to drive for 50 laps or so, starting slowly, but getting gradually faster. Once you feel comfortable, with the line off, drive a race at that track. You can change the game difficulty as you progress. The only real way to improve at this game is to practise....
Thanks. Just to clarify, in Profiler, do you set this up in Global or game-specific? If the latter (w/c I hope, so as not to ruin my settings for the other sims), what then are your Global settings? Dang, my issue with FPS dipping down to 20s hasn't been resolved yet.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 124 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 333 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 463 39.2%