F1 2012 F1 2012 The Game: Videos

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's still not listed on Steam either. Last year it was up for grabs like 4 weeks before release.

Plus I hope Topher is right on what the demo contains. :D

Yeah, it's true, its been announced on the CM forums, and Andy Gray and Steve Hood have both confirmed it on Twitter. But I'm Debating whether or not to DL the demo, just because i dont want to get the full game and feel like i have already mastered it ahah. Plus it wont feel as new.

Following
Andy Gray
@AndyGray_

The demo will be the first day of the YDT followed by the first race of the Season Challenge (5 lap race of Monza with one shot quali)

Yeah, it's true, its been announced on the CM forums, and Andy Gray and Steve Hood have both confirmed it on Twitter. But I'm Debating whether or not to DL the demo, just because i dont want to get the full game and feel like i have already mastered it ahah. Plus it wont feel as new.

Let's hope it doesn't lock setups to the default ones. :D

Let's hope it doesn't lock setups to the default ones. :D

Yeah ahah.
Hmm, im not 100% if it will have the Raikkonen challenge in it. I think that might have been an error on my part. It sounded like from the way he worded it, that it would be in. But it turns out its only 2 things: Day 1 of YDT and the Williams Season Challenge @ Monza.

Steve Hood@T4RG4
@KeremUzDay 1 of the Young Drivers Test and Race 1 of Season Challenge

Yeah ahah.
Hmm, im not 100% if it will have the Raikkonen challenge in it. I think that might have been an error on my part. It sounded like from the way he worded it, that it would be in. But it turns out its only 2 things: Day 1 of YDT and the Williams Season Challenge @ Monza.

Steve Hood@T4RG4
@KeremUzDay 1 of the Young Drivers Test and Race 1 of Season Challenge

How does the YDT work anyway? As many laps as you want or 3 / 7 / 20 (locked)? Haven't seen any footage about it from GC2012. If it's as many as you want it'd be ace but I doubt it. :)

How does the YDT work anyway? As many laps as you want or 3 / 7 / 20 (locked)? Haven't seen any footage about it from GC2012. If it's as many as you want it'd be ace but I doubt it. :)

They've said that it's a series of tests that gradually increase in difficulty. (This is in terms for a beginner driver, so an experienced one like yourself and I, will be able to get the hang of it quite quickly). The tests range from straight line tests, to cornering, to hitting the apex correctly etc, and i think all the way to hooking up a decent lap. And at the end of the First day (depending on how well you do) you'll unlock the bottom 3 teams, Caterham, Marussia, and HRT.

But the more complicated things like DRS and KERS (which aren't complicated at all!) come on the second day, where you can unlock Force India and Williams, again, depending on how well you do.

Reactions: Tom
What I'd really like to see is career mode with

- unlimited seasons
- picking the team you want right from the start

However, if you picked a top team and fail to perform you'll lose your spot on the grid and have to take the YDT thingie - so that you'll end up at race #1, season #2 after you signed with a team that's more suitable for you. That way I could, for example, have my McLaren right away and wouldn't have to run season #1 just to get the car I want.

Ah well, dreams.

How does the YDT work anyway? As many laps as you want or 3 / 7 / 20 (locked)?... If it's as many as you want it'd be ace but I doubt it. :)

Hey Tom, if you've seen the new YDT vid that SRTMedia have released, you'll see that when you're in the garage, you can select Free Run (Dry/Wet).

Great news. Which means you can basically practice for as long as you want. :)

1:55

Why do I have the feeling that this was slow lap and we can do way better?

Because it was a slow lap? Haha.
Clearly the car is struggling SEVERLEY with heavy understeer, so I thinks it's probably just on the default setup.
So yeah, I reckon we will be able to improve on that lap significantly. (Assuming we also use the Torro Rosso)

Why do I have the feeling that this was slow lap and we can do way better?

Because those videos are psychological marketing as well. They're not going too fast so that people can play the demo and see that they can be as quick as the guy demonstrating the game.

If one of us would show off what's possible it'd frustrate John Doe that he obviously can't keep up with the demonstration and thus would be less likely to buy the game.

:cautious: erm, what was I looking for?

*bump*

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back