ACC Endurance Series Round 4 @ Laguna Seca - Mon 20th February 2023

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
£30 4th monitor from eBay! Do I need it? Probably not. Does it look cool? Yup!

B3CE6842-CE61-4AAB-A9F8-8F2EB14572A0.jpeg

Practiced for like 1 hour today, enough to get me angry :roflmao:
I know this track pretty well, I (almost) know what is the perfect race line, but it's a PITA for me, I can't make better than 1:25 and when I try to push, I'm either spinning (oversteer almost everywhere) or flying (kerbs :mad:) and the track feels slippery sometimes (driving the M4).
I'm gonna practice again tomorrow but I know I won't get under 1:24 :unsure: Maybe I have to improve my skills in setups but I don't know if this will help.

It feels easy to overdrive around here. Push the braking phase too hard and I get mega understeer. Push the exit too hard and I get mega oversteer. It's difficult to pick turn in references and no lap feels the same. I think taking the race pace back a couple of clicks will give good results. Instead of pushing 100% dial it back and concentrate on smooth driving, good exits and not hitting the kerbs.

Last edited:
It feels easy to overdrive around here. Push the braking phase too hard and I get mega understeer. Push the exit too hard and I get mega oversteer. It's difficult to pick turn in references and no lap feels the same. I think taking the race pace back a couple of clicks will give good results. Instead of pushing 100% dial it back and concentrate on smooth driving, good exits and not hitting the kerbs.
Yea indeed, i was just about to say something along those lines. For me i can get in the 23s but consistently without error (or fatal error) is an issue. I think most my laps will be in the 24s from how my practice times been.

This. All of this.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 433 69.4%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 270 43.3%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 289 46.3%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 169 27.1%
Back