Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Very tough track. Either a super fast setup that munches my tyres, or a nice consistent one that stays pretty level

Looking forward to the race. Will try my best to keep it a little cleaner.. A bit rusty on the race-craft front as I've not really raced much on the xbox one. So apologies in advance if I'm a little sloppy.

Reactions: Rob
In my practice race last night Robert, me and McNasty had fallen back quite a bit fight with the AI and so the leaders were probably not that far back, but at 100% they caught us up in the remaining laps. One cool thing about that race was McNasty started the race at 12 and had the time progression set to x10 by accident. The change from day to night was seemless and awesome. Also I could actually see the Water and Oil temp dropping as the sun went down. Very cool!

Reactions: Rob
I had that happen a couple hours before a planned event last weekend. To make it worse I've been entering my setups into a google drive sheet when I get them polished, but for some reason I had failed to enter the data for that one.
yeah i have mine saved on mac...luckily, just done my first practice race, not enough laps in this race to make a 44 sec in total stop worth it, Just got to fight to keep the times manageable when the tough times arise

best result in a league of any kind for a very long time, this was only my second race after oultan part 1, weird seing how the people who were mega that day not so fast here, think i explained my whole race during it lol i will post the first 10 mins of my reply tomorrow which included a nice move past robert into t1. this game could have been something so special. sucks they sms messed up

Great result Dan. Peter mentioned he had some trouble "feeling it" and I, like you, was much faster than I expected during the race. My problems were the offs, but it was fun holding off Michael and then Eric, who both eventually got past. Great race even at the end, where I damaged my suspension and had ot drive the last 4-5 laps with it. Thought Peter may catch me, but was lucky. I'll post the video in a moment. And the result. Great to see no issues besides a bit of lag. Congrats to Chips and Dan and Mike for the podium. It's great to see that we are diversified in our strengths, be it car or driver.

Qualifying, Nurburg GP, Race Four:
IMG_20150711_171813_zpsahymvhwl.jpg

Nurburg GP, Race One Results:
1. Chips - 25
2. Dan - 18
3. Watts - 15
4. McNasty - 12
5. Robert - 10
6. Peter H. - 8
7. Peter E. - 6
8. Ceaser - 4

Overall Standings To Date:
1. Watts - 79.5
2. Chips - 72.5
3. McNasty - 57
4. Ceaser - 52
5. Robert - 45
6. Railer - 40
7. Dylan - 37.5
8. Dan - 28
9. Peter H. - 17
10. Peter E. - 14
11. Boothy - 14
12. Rob P. - 2

Unofficial Team Results:
Dyno-Might Motorsports - 57.5
SkyDive Dubai, Ltd. - 50
Aston Martin Racing Ltd. - 12

Last edited:
Not sure what happened tonight, car felt completely different as soon as I hit the track in practice. Sliding around the faster turns and the chicane was a complete nightmare.. Spinning round like a top through there :/ Didn't do that once in around 60 laps in practice but had it happen several times tonight :cautious:

Didn't get a decent lap in quali as a result.. First quali session at the track where i didn't get below the 2 minute mark :rolleyes:

Race was horrible for the most part, stayed line astern for the first lap with my new team mate just ahead but the first proper lap the car once again spun round on me going through the chicane leaving me 6 seconds adrift of the pack. Closed the gap down slightly through the second sector most laps but had to take that chicane so gingerly that I lost anything I had gained so stayed 6 seconds behind until another spin at the chicane.

Although close to quitting I kept going, team points important no matter how small but unfortunately I immediately came across my stricken team mate facing the wrong way on the exit of the final turn.. Not the way I wanted to gain a place :thumbsdown:

Pete was about 15 second up the road but this came down to about 11/12 and stayed there for a while as our lap times were clearly very close but I slipped past him while he pitted on lap 11 (why did you pit @Pete Evans?). The gap was about 20+ seconds at that point and with Robert a long way ahead there was not much to aim for other than keeping the car on the track. Couldn't get any decent lap times so Robert pulled away and a few more problems keeping the car on track saw Pete closing in me lap after lap. I knew I just had to keep it on the grey stuff to secure the 5th place. The gap to Robert started to drop in the last half dozen laps but no way I could make a challenge, it was all I could do to keep the car under me and the gap to Pete big enough to keep ahead at the flag.

Crossed the line less than a second ahead in the end and with not a single lap below the 2 minute mark :cautious: in practice only the opening lap was over 2 minutes, the rest were all in the 58/59 range.. A very frustrating nights work :unsure:

Congrats to all finishers, looking forward to seeing some action from the recordings :thumbsup: but not one I'll want to remember with very little to enjoy and pretty much no actual racing.

One good thing, Twitch seemed to work perfectly... Just a shame my race was so poor and not one I'll want to look back at :unsure: Just one thing on that front, is there any way to disable the notification on the bottom of the screen showing that I'm broadcasting and how many are viewing it.. It's a bit distracting for me.

Last edited:
Oh yeah and it was great to see everyone finish the race with no disconnects :)

One more thing though, @Robert Waddell your post shows the game reported that Pete finished ahead of me when in fact I finished ahead of him which I'm sure he'll confirm too :unsure::thumbsup:

Again no comms from me, the mic was attached but it seems no one could hear me. Before we got in the lobby i had to have the chat headset on to hear everyone but once we got into the race lobby I could hear comments before and after the race through my headphones but during the race it was very muffled and overpowered by the game sound and became quite distracting too.

I may have to drop out until I can sort that out as I can't find any setting to prevent where you can control the voice output unlike on the 360 which enabled you to select whether voice chat came out on the headphones or not. Any ideas on that?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back