Drone Camera

Apps Drone Camera 1.2.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
The heading lock causes massive stutter in the cameras point of focus.

It would be helpful to have a "reset" button, or maybe a few presets to save/load. Forward speed may need a larger range. Guessing off the top of my head it may need to go upwards of 500 or 600 (for "chasing" cars when the follow car is disabled, so flying the drone at racing speeds). I found the invert option in the config file, but it might help to have those as on/off in the "SHOW OPTIONS" area of the form/app window.

I could maybe use an "altitude lock", where the app maintains the Z-height of the drone.

I'm not noticing any framerate issue, so that's a bonus. :)

I did all my testing on a smallish oval replay with 11 cars.

Would it be possible to increase focal range? The dof focus only goes to 100m, and could be longer. Oh, and can I change button assingment? Zoom and focus on the triggers would be better for followcams :) Great app otherwise, many cool features, thanks you veri much!

Last edited:
I added keyboard support to the 1.1.0 version based on pynput with some modifications to support Assetto Corsa python version.

I could not get the l_thumbX, l_thumbY, r_thumbX, r_thumbY to work though.
Rest all are working.
Key bindings may seem a bit weird. But usable.
Key bindings can be found in the code.

Addon_DroneCam_1.1.0_keyboard_support.zip

test_only_the keybindings.zip

It is so amazingly smooth and fun to use it with xbox controller.
The more i use it, the more i love Assetto Corsa.
This is the work of a genius. Thank you for your effort.

I understand that there would be no drop in fps at all, as there is no extra drawing involved.

Last edited:
any way to use it while driving like chase cam ? trigger is used for level but also accelerate (playing with xbox game pad). Lock fonction doesn't work.
Any way to change controls ?
Thanks

Does the ps4 controller work this mod? I have been having trouble getting it enabled. It shows up in content manager as wireless controller but I don't have (≡) button. I tried pressing everything but it still doesn't enable.

Edit: Found out ps4 controllers don't natively work with pc, needed to download an app that would make the ps4 controller be recognized as an xbox. Worked perfectly fine afterwards.

Last edited:
Sorry to ask such a silly newbie question, but to where do I unpack the ZIP files and how do I then activate the Drone Camera in AC? Thanks in advance for your patience and any and all help provided. I'm brand new to USING ac.

Sorry to ask such a silly newbie question, but to where do I unpack the ZIP files and how do I then activate the Drone Camera in AC? Thanks in advance for your patience and any and all help provided. I'm brand new to USING ac.
Considering you're new to using AC you are probably running the vanilla game.
Make sure you unpack the folders "apps" and "content" to your main game folder, usually found under "\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\". Then, in game, go to Options > General, and at the very bottom there's a section "UI Modules". Make sure to check that box.
Then, in game, move your mouse to the right side of the screen untill a pop-up menu appears, find the app and click it :)

I'm in love with this app, this is a game changer for content making people like me, because I wouldn't be able to comprehend camtool even if my life depended on it!
There's only one thing I noticed, autofocus is not realy "auto" for me. I have to keep pressing AF button for app to keep focusing, that makes using right stick impossible, and you have one less finger to simultaneously press something else if needed. Am I doing something wrong?

Anyway, this is my first one using this app:

Hello Mate -
Thanks for the nice App, i have had good use of it in a screenshot session and noticed a few things, some good and some bad:
+ love the settings modes being different on "track" and "follow" so i could do "drone" and "helicopter" type shots from above in follow but have slow "roll" control in track mode.
+ very intuitive controls for everything, works well with my ps4 controller via DS4Windows

- Altitude Lock does not seem to do anything for me
- "A" button is not bound to any function or "function switch" except for Auto Focus which does not work if DOF Mode is off.
- cannot rebind buttons or axis (e.g. use maybe another device like pedals to control altitude or analog zoom)
- roll input from the CSP Photo Mode app gets applied but not displayed there

not really usable for manual longrange (tv or photo) camera shots because:
- Zoom, "Rotate" and move Speeds are "absolute linear" and not scaled or scale-able to "fine control" between 10 / 5-1.00° FOV or be "faster" above 30°FOV so the ranges outside 30-10°FOV in track mode are either too fast or too slow
- DOF Autofocus does not really work with the "center square" from the "photos" app when not focused on the nearest car - if you need a moveable car in focus, a raycast to find the nearest car in the frame randomized from the center could work just fine.
- could need a manual "aperture" / shutter mode to make the DOF work better
- should integrate and not duplicate the DOF with the "CSP Photo Mode" app DOF/aperture/shutter controls

Last edited:
Considering you're new to using AC you are probably running the vanilla game.
Make sure you unpack the folders "apps" and "content" to your main game folder, usually found under "\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\". Then, in game, go to Options > General, and at the very bottom there's a section "UI Modules". Make sure to check that box.
Then, in game, move your mouse to the right side of the screen untill a pop-up menu appears, find the app and click it :)

Thanks so much for the reply and instructions on how to set this up. I have installed Content Manager and the Shaders Patch for AC already. I'll let you know if I get stuck. Thanks again. :thumbsup:

Another try for keyboard support, keys configurable at the start of "apps\python\IS_DroneCam\IS_DroneCam.py", no modifiers for them atm; also added an inaccurate dolly zoom with shift and FOV(+/-) keys , not with a controller atm. (Could not test w/ Controller, but it should work.)

It should work normally like Tsukas original version with a controller.
(Edit:) ) ONLY if no controller is found it falls back to using keyboard keys.

Needs CSP installed or it will not work. Enable with "P":
Edit2 - latest: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/drone-camera.191591/post-3544058
1608081684041.png

; english speakers may need to switch "Z" and "Y" keys there because i am on a german keyboard;
1608130908728.png

Rename attached file and remove ".txt" to get a zip file.

edit:some hints for code-explorers:
-uses csp function "ac.ext_isButtonPressed('key')"
-pov-axis are 32768*2 wide with 32768 as center

Attachments

• Addon_DroneCam_1.2.0_keyboard.zip.txt
    86.6 KB · Views: 2,720
Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.