Drone Camera

Apps Drone Camera 1.2.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Does the ps4 controller work this mod? I have been having trouble getting it enabled. It shows up in content manager as wireless controller but I don't have (≡) button. I tried pressing everything but it still doesn't enable.

Edit: Found out ps4 controllers don't natively work with pc, needed to download an app that would make the ps4 controller be recognized as an xbox. Worked perfectly fine afterwards.
Which app did you use to enable the PS4 controller??

Hi, man. Awesome looking mod - really improves the cinematic feel of the game! Although I'm having issues with the app not loading at all, either in Content Manager or In-Game. I'm on CSP 1.69 beta but I have downgraded to a 1.6.0 and still nothing.

I noticed your latest update was referring to the mod not loading up. Have you had anymore issues with this?

Cheers.

you have this file?
...steamapps\common\assettocorsa\apps\python\system\acsys.py
if not do steam verify
or rename attached file, remove ".txt"

Attachments

• acsys.py.txt
    2.2 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:
Thank you so much for this wonderful tool. So nice. Now I'm trying to combine the capabilities of Camtool and Drone Camera but this unfortunately does not seem to work :( Maybe somebody here has an idea to help me out?

What I trying to to is following this tutorial
for making replays with camtool but instead of moving the free camera with the keyboard I activate drone camera and move the camera with it. But sadly the camera movement with drone cam is not recorded with camtool. Any suggestions? Thanx in advance!!!

Another try for keyboard support, keys configurable at the start of "apps\python\IS_DroneCam\IS_DroneCam.py", no modifiers for them atm; also added an inaccurate dolly zoom with shift and FOV(+/-) keys , not with a controller atm.

It should work normally like Tsukas original version with a controller, if no controller is found it falls back to using keyboard keys. Could not test this but it should work. Needs CSP installed or it will not work. Enable with "P":
View attachment 427435

; english speakers may need to switch "Z" and "Y" keys there because i am on a german keyboard;
View attachment 427537

Rename attached file and remove ".txt" to get a zip file.

edit:some hints for code-explorers:
-uses csp function "ac.ext_isButtonPressed('key')"
-pov-axis are 32768*2 wide with 32768 as center

the zip file is corrupted

@ALEXANDER666 CamTool2 and DroneCamera are both fiddling with camera positions, so probably they counter each other...
[/QUOTE]

Probably :thumbsdown: Thanks nevertheless. A shame though, since the technique for recording a kind of "spline path" for a replay with camtool is really great and drone camera would have making it so much more intuitive to position the camera.

Searched everywhere for an answer to this:
How to enable the camera?? there is no button to enable/disable and it says disabled
got a DS3 running as XBox 360 controller through SCP Toolkit

the menu button or what its called...
1613853007351.png

Yeah it is the start button on the DS3 thanks!

Now to the 2nd QUestion, how does one alter the altitude (height) of the Helicopter camera???

I fly fpv drones professionally irl and I'm trying to use my RC transmitter with your app. Everything works great but there is one issue that I am having. The roll is setup as just a toggle so its either on or off. Is there a way to make roll act the same as pitch and yaw so I can assign roll to one of the sticks?

Last edited:
Another try for keyboard support, keys configurable at the start of "apps\python\IS_DroneCam\IS_DroneCam.py", no modifiers for them atm; also added an inaccurate dolly zoom with shift and FOV(+/-) keys , not with a controller atm.

It should work normally like Tsukas original version with a controller, if no controller is found it falls back to using keyboard keys. Could not test this but it should work. Needs CSP installed or it will not work. Enable with "P":
View attachment 427435

; english speakers may need to switch "Z" and "Y" keys there because i am on a german keyboard;
View attachment 427537

Rename attached file and remove ".txt" to get a zip file.

edit:some hints for code-explorers:
-uses csp function "ac.ext_isButtonPressed('key')"
-pov-axis are 32768*2 wide with 32768 as center
I can't figure out how to make this mod work on the keyboard, I installed your version, but it still requires a controller in the game

I can't figure out how to make this mod work on the keyboard, I installed your version, but it still requires a controller in the game

You did rename the file and removed ".txt" ? After that open archive, inside it, go even one folder more down, then copy those two into AC-steam folder:
1617066833230.png

Edit: Oh and you have to unplug your controller:
" works normally like Tsukas original version with a controller, only if no controller is found it falls back to using keyboard keys."

Last edited:
You did rename the file and removed ".txt" ? After that open archive, inside it, go even one folder more down, then copy those two into AC-steam folder:
View attachment 459519

Edit: Oh and you have to unplug your controller:
" works normally like Tsukas original version with a controller, only if no controller is found it falls back to using keyboard keys."
I followed all the steps in the guide correctly, but it still doesn't work for me, and I don't have a controller.

P.S I have CSP

Last edited:
I followed all the steps in the guide correctly, but it still doesn't work for me, and I don't have a controller.

P.S I have CSP
"P" is default key to enable, is this key already mapped to some other function? i guess ac would just eat the key press and the app does not see it.
So whether unmap "P" somewhere in "Controls":
1617240940452.png

... or change the key in line 9 of the app:
1617241332833.png

Last edited:
Xinput controller is connected
IS Drone Camera active
but I cant find it in the apps tab in my replay like im suppose to, what did I do wrong

Having the same problem. Everything seems to be up to date, checked as Active in CM, but doesn't show in the apps sidebar. Anybody have any troubleshooting ideas?

Update: downloaded some other apps and they also don't appear, so it appears my issue is more global than this app specifically.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 162 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 304 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing