Drone Camera

Apps Drone Camera 1.2.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Tsuka1427 submitted a new resource:

Drone Camera - Multi-function free camera that can be operated with Xinput controller

Read more about this resource...
Just a heads up. Last night I installed the new content manager and lights patch patreon version 0.1.74 preview 98 and the drone cam now only moves freely if altitude lock is disabled. I think changes to the lights patch has caused this. The latest lights patch fixes car shaking so maybe could be related.

Does anyone know how to change the default settings so each time I open Drone Camera I don't have to change them manually. I'm referring to settings like 'altitude lock' and 'heading mode' etc.
Thanks.

Does anyone know how to change the default settings so each time I open Drone Camera I don't have to change them manually. I'm referring to settings like 'altitude lock' and 'heading mode' etc.
Thanks.
FYI for anyone trying to do this. I think I might have figured it out. If you go to '\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\apps\python\IS_DroneCam' you will find a 'IS_DroneCam.py' file there. Make a copy first then go into the original file and look for these lines -
ENABLED_DRONE = False
ENABLED_STABILIZED = True
ENABLED_ALTITUDE_LOCK = True
ENABLED_FOLLOW_POS = True
ENABLED_FOLLOW_ANGLE = True
MODE_FOLLOW_ANGLE = 1

These are what you need to change if you want the default settings to be different. The 'MODE_FOLLOW_ANGLE' setting is used for Heading Mode - Movement or Yaw. I have changed this to '0' to make it 'Yaw' which removes the stutter in the camera movement. I also changed 'ENABLED_ALTITUDE_LOCK = True' to 'False' because having the altitude locked is no use to me. Anyway, that's what I have done. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
HI there, how do I remap the buttons so I can use my controller as if it was a proper handset for a drone?? I really want to be able to operate it solely through the thumb sticks on my controller your role tilt increase decrease height forwards backwards left right etc all off the sticks on my handset?

Does the ps4 controller work this mod? I have been having trouble getting it enabled. It shows up in content manager as wireless controller but I don't have (≡) button. I tried pressing everything but it still doesn't enable.

Edit: Found out ps4 controllers don't natively work with pc, needed to download an app that would make the ps4 controller be recognized as an xbox. Worked perfectly fine afterwards.
are you use X360ce emulator?

Hi! This mod is great, but that's not how drones really work.

Some improvements that would make it more usable:
  • yaw should be set on left thumb (left/right direction)
  • roll should be set on right thumb (left/right direction)

I'll try to change the code, but I'm not a Python guy.
Anyway, thank you!

EDIT:
Ok, I improved yaw and roll and now it's much better.

cameraMove("MoveForward", delta, n_axis(INPUT.l_thumb_y))
#cameraMove("MoveRight", delta, n_axis(INPUT.l_thumb_x))
cameraMove("MoveUpWorld", delta, -n_triggers(INPUT.l_trigger, INPUT.r_trigger))
cameraMove("RotateHeading", delta, -n_axis(INPUT.l_thumb_x), rotate=CONFIG_SPEED_ROT)
cameraMove("RotatePitch", delta, n_axis(INPUT.r_thumb_y), rotate=CONFIG_SPEED_ROT)
cameraMove("RotateRoll", delta, -n_axis(INPUT.r_thumb_x), rotate=CONFIG_SPEED_ROT)

Last edited:
Is there a reason why sometimes the drone behaves like F5 cam when taking pictures and sometimes it doesn't? I noticed when shutter speed is around 1/45 ish or lower they both look identical, but for shutter speeds like 1/10 and such they produce different images

When I activate tracking, it tracks the car but the camera remains stationary? I thought tracking was when the camera followed the car and I could orbit around it?

When I activate tracking, it tracks the car but the camera remains stationary? I thought tracking was when the camera followed the car and I could orbit around it?
Hey Iglooz. It’s been quite a while since I used this app but I think if you are in chase camera before you start the tracking then it will follow the car and you can pan around it. If this isn't correct and doesn’t help and no one else jumps in with the answer then I will have a look next time I'm on my computer playing AC. Bye for now.

Hello there ! Was using drone cam for a year with perfect feelings. Now, I don't know why, nothing is working anymore ... when on the app ingame, settings are not changing, car is not chased even if chase mode is activated, and camera is shaking in every directions ... Is it known ? Any fix ? Thank you in advance

Hey guys, installed the cam and it won't follow the car, just starts and stays in one spot while the camera pans towards the car. My left stick and the triggers don't do anything. Thought I messed up and tried putting it into chase cam before enabling drone cam but it's the same. Every other button works, but since I can't move the camera its useless. Anybody know what's up?

Last edited:
Hey guys, installed the cam and it won't follow the car, just starts and stays in one spot while the camera pans towards the car. My left stick and the triggers don't do anything. Thought I messed up and tried putting it into chase cam before enabling drone cam but it's the same. Every other button works, but since I can't move the camera its useless. Anybody know what's up?
Hey Tyler W. Did you activate ‘follow mode’? I haven’t used it in a while but I think you have to click a button on your controller to have the camera actually track your car.

Last edited:
Could anyone share some settings as it seems to be very difficult to keep up smoothly with cars as seems to judder I run everything on max in ac running a i7-8700k and 1080ti

Could anyone share some settings as it seems to be very difficult to keep up smoothly with cars as seems to judder I run everything on max in ac running a i7-8700k and 1080ti
Hi Juttie205,
I think the judder you are experiencing could be related to the 'Head Movement' setting. If you toggle 'Heading Mode' to 'Yaw', I think you won't have the judder. If you look above at my previous post #65 I mention it. I have edited the 'IS_DroneCam.py' file so I don't have change settings each time I use 'Drone Camera'.

Hey Tyler W. Did you activate ‘follow mode’? I haven’t used it in a while but I think you have to click a button on your controller to have the camera actually track your car.
yes, follow mode was enabled from default. No matter which camera I choose or setting I change the camera remains stationary while the focal length shifts randomly and the camera tries to pan towards the car but jitters in the process.

Yeah, this app really needs to be updated for newer versions of CSP. Altitude lock is broken and filming while the camera stays at the same level while the car bobs up and down, especially on hilly circuits, makes it really difficult.

Shame because this is probably the best camera app for AC. Just wish it was fixed.

maybe set "AltitudeLock" to False by default, at least it helps with the keyboard version i posted on page 2 (there its around line 70), idk if it changes anything on the original v1.2....
1633598307428.png

Last edited:
Hey ! 'WASD' control does not work ....can anyone help?
Another try for keyboard support, keys configurable at the start of "apps\python\IS_DroneCam\IS_DroneCam.py", no modifiers for them atm; also added an inaccurate dolly zoom with shift and FOV(+/-) keys , not with a controller atm.

It should work normally like Tsukas original version with a controller.
(Edit:) ) ONLY if no controller is found it falls back to using keyboard keys.

Could not test this but it should work. Needs CSP installed or it will not work. Enable with "P":
View attachment 427435

; english speakers may need to switch "Z" and "Y" keys there because i am on a german keyboard;
View attachment 427537

Rename attached file and remove ".txt" to get a zip file.

edit:some hints for code-explorers:
-uses csp function "ac.ext_isButtonPressed('key')"
-pov-axis are 32768*2 wide with 32768 as center

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back