Apps Download removed [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any Risk if I’m going to low with the frequency?

Another question, where can I found this option?
  • Option added to remove the "anti-humming" code on DK motor shield to get extra power
Hi !

I see no risks, the motor will act slighly differently and the most noticeable change will be at low power. The motor shiled v2 can run at very low PWM which totally removes this little annoying high pitched noise when motors and boards are not properly encased.

For the "anti-humming" option it's at upload, you will find it when you enable the DK motor shield, the default value is now disabled (it was always on in the previous version,but it was stealing a lot of torque at low power)
upload_2018-4-9_23-1-54.png

So it's only the bass-shakers not responding ? Does the effects are enabled ? Simhub creates a new profile for each game where all the effects are off. When you enable the live preview do you see the preview curves moving ?
Obviously the plugin is pretty young and bugs are not to be excluded :D the log files may help me too to figure what's happening.
My bad, i didn't realise there was a bassshaker profile for every seperate game. That is a very cool feature.
Did the toggles and all was working.

Feedback for you, the gearshift shaker option is not getting any signal at any game.
The speed option is a little too much, i have to slide it back to under 10 percent ( 1 percent for Dirt Rally) to not have it drown out all other effects.
I will test further and keep giving feedback on the Bassshaker plugin

But, How cool it is to have all in 1 program. Simvibe, X-sim , and all others go Bye Bye :)

Thanks

My bad, i didn't realise there was a bassshaker profile for every seperate game. That is a very cool feature.
Did the toggles and all was working.

Feedback for you, the gearshift shaker option is not getting any signal at any game.
The speed option is a little too much, i have to slide it back to under 10 percent ( 1 percent for Dirt Rally) to not have it drown out all other effects.
I will test further and keep giving feedback on the Bassshaker plugin

But, How cool it is to have all in 1 program. Simvibe, X-sim , and all others go Bye Bye :)

Thanks
For the gear actually you have to push it a little the default feedback is 50 in the effect settings but it's too low, push it to 100/100(force and duration) you will get a feedback. The gear is a bit hard to get because you want to get over the other effects so it needs to be strong.

Concerning the speed I don't use it, to avoid any "effect saturation", I've not yet implemented any kind of dynamic range compression of the audio so when you add too much effects you will actually saturate the sound. However I use a well tuned rpm effect, which starts progressively to raise from 60% of the max rpm.

I think something is wrong with dirt I agree, effects are good but they are way too strong, I need to tune it lower it to something close to the other games.

like to ask a question

you integrated bass Shaker - i was planning to add bass Shakers to my seat - during my Research i found your great app and decided to go for the 12V Motors

1) does it make sense to Combine bass Shakers with shakeit Motors?
2) do you have a similar Shopping list like you did for the shakeit Motors

Ciao
Peter

like to ask a question

you integrated bass Shaker - i was planning to add bass Shakers to my seat - during my Research i found your great app and decided to go for the 12V Motors

1) does it make sense to Combine bass Shakers with shakeit Motors?
2) do you have a similar Shopping list like you did for the shakeit Motors

Ciao
Peter

It makes sense to combine them if you have enough space, the motors are working pretty well, they have a few limitation since it's only vibrating motors, but in my mind it's a really good entry to feedback for really cheap. They can offer a very localized feedback such brake lock, and acceleration slip (you definitely can' t mount a basshaker on a specific pedal :D) Some people during the beta told me they would definitely keep both. Personally I will only keep the bassshakers, mostly due to the WAF (wife acceptance factor :D)

The bass shakers are more expensive and the wiring can be more messy, you need power, audio cable, a dedicated audio output, an amplifier, the bill grows fast. But i hopefully for the price you have more, since it's audio based i'm able to combine frequencies, and these little boys can push serious shakes.

For the bill : I've been using these

- https://www.amazon.fr/Unbekannt-Bod...=1520261773&ref=plSrch&ref_=mp_s_a_1_1&sr=8-1 , quite cheap,i took 4 of them (2 in front, 2 on rear under the seat) definitely not the best I guess, but i'm happy with them, my rig shakes like a mad :D

- For the audio output i took this : https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B016CU2PEU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 , I would have to redo it, I would dig for a 5.1 output, but it's more a requisite for my tests, since i will do the development for 4 channels at the same time.

- For the amplifier i've not yet found the best cheap candidate, i'm running from an old powerful AV amplifier, i tried a cheap amplifier but it was underpowered. However this little boy looks a good option with a 24v power source, it's mono but you can put two of the bassshakers in a series : https://www.amazon.fr/WINGONEER-12V...523338335&sr=8-15&keywords=amplificateur+mono

- And obviously audio cables, and speaker cables ;)

Hi !

I see no risks, the motor will act slighly differently and the most noticeable change will be at low power. The motor shiled v2 can run at very low PWM which totally removes this little annoying high pitched noise when motors and boards are not properly encased.

For the "anti-humming" option it's at upload, you will find it when you enable the DK motor shield, the default value is now disabled (it was always on in the previous version,but it was stealing a lot of torque at low power)
View attachment 245914

Thank you for the answer, but I can't finde the frequency option in arduino Setup Tool? Do I have to update something? I only load the new SimHub and installed it.

Last edited:
Thank you for the answer, but I can't finde the frequency option in arduino Setup Tool? Do I have to update something? I only load the new SimHub and installed it.
This is confusing, i've tried the full process, install 6.3.7 then install 6.3.8 (to ensure the update of the files works) and the files got correctly updated :

Take care, it only appears when you enable the boards like on my snapshot, otherwise it's hidden :
upload_2018-4-10_8-37-35.png

It makes sense to combine them if you have enough space, the motors are working pretty well, they have a few limitation since it's only vibrating motors, but in my mind it's a really good entry to feedback for really cheap. They can offer a very localized feedback such brake lock, and acceleration slip (you definitely can' t mount a basshaker on a specific pedal :D) Some people during the beta told me they would definitely keep both. Personally I will only keep the bassshakers, mostly due to the WAF (wife acceptance factor :D)

The bass shakers are more expensive and the wiring can be more messy, you need power, audio cable, a dedicated audio output, an amplifier, the bill grows fast. But i hopefully for the price you have more, since it's audio based i'm able to combine frequencies, and these little boys can push serious shakes.

For the bill : I've been using these

- https://www.amazon.fr/Unbekannt-Bodyshaker/dp/B002LQAHPE/ref=redir_mobile_desktop?_encoding=UTF8&__mk_fr_FR=ÅMÅZÕÑ&dpID=51B-Q1l2IJL&dpPl=1&keywords=bass shaker&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&qid=1520261773&ref=plSrch&ref_=mp_s_a_1_1&sr=8-1 , quite cheap,i took 4 of them (2 in front, 2 on rear under the seat) definitely not the best I guess, but i'm happy with them, my rig shakes like a mad :D

- For the audio output i took this : https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B016CU2PEU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 , I would have to redo it, I would dig for a 5.1 output, but it's more a requisite for my tests, since i will do the development for 4 channels at the same time.

- For the amplifier i've not yet found the best cheap candidate, i'm running from an old powerful AV amplifier, i tried a cheap amplifier but it was underpowered. However this little boy looks a good option with a 24v power source, it's mono but you can put two of the bassshakers in a series : https://www.amazon.fr/WINGONEER-12V-24V-TPA3116-Amplificateur-numérique/dp/B0725BGK2K/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1523338335&sr=8-15&keywords=amplificateur+mono

- And obviously audio cables, and speaker cables ;)

My setup consists out of:

Amplifier €9 https://www.wish.com/c/573ea0b73676625ab0132d80
Soundcard €9 https://www.joom.com/en/products/1474601272521734389-212-1-26341-3549667332
Shakers €15,50 https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B002LQAHPE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Some cables and connectors

So it dont have to be an expensive setup with aura's or bodyshakers

I have a playseat evolution, to mount the shakers under the seat i recommend to place a firm wooden board between the chair and the frame. A bit longer bolts mount all together and mount the shakers on the wooden board. This gives a very nice effect and you don't have to modify any part of the playseat itself.

hello, the update with bass Shaker manifique works wonders just a little problem the backup for the frequency does not function all my settings are saved but when I restart the pc the frequency is 0 thank you

Hi

Try to make an new project and the cascade of more than 2 7-digit Segements MAX7219 not working proberly.

2 working fine, but i didnt get the 3 working. Also if i connect the 3th its conflicts the others.

Any advise what can cause the problems or how i can test it proberly ?

Best Regards

Hi

Try to make an new project and the cascade of more than 2 7-digit Segements MAX7219 not working proberly.

2 working fine, but i didnt get the 3 working. Also if i connect the 3th its conflicts the others.

Any advise what can cause the problems or how i can test it proberly ?

Best Regards
Hi ! Lot of chenese modules have powering problems when you chain 5v and gnd, try to wire for each module 5v and gnd directly from the Arduino instead of chaining it, it should work.

Hi ! Lot of chenese modules have powering problems when you chain 5v and gnd, try to wire for each module 5v and gnd directly from the Arduino instead of chaining it, it should work.

Thanks Wotever for the Reply and of course for SimHub, was exactly that.. as soon its connected directly to 5V/GND works like expected.

hello, the update with bass Shaker manifique works wonders just a little problem the backup for the frequency does not function all my settings are saved but when I restart the pc the frequency is 0 thank you
Strange, could you send me the file C:\Program Files (x86)\SimHub\PluginsData\ShakeItBSSettingsV2.json after rebooting ?

Hello, a bit of an unusual question here, but I'm asking it anyway :D
Is there anyone else than me who keeps getting their SimHubWPF.exe to simply disappear at random occurences? I find it quite annoying as I have to reinstall it every now and then, though I doubt it's due to the app itself...
Otherwise, I really enjoy SimHub and I want to thank Wotever for the awesome job :)

Hello, a bit of an unusual question here, but I'm asking it anyway :D
Is there anyone else than me who keeps getting their SimHubWPF.exe to simply disappear at random occurences? I find it quite annoying as I have to reinstall it every now and then, though I doubt it's due to the app itself...
Otherwise, I really enjoy SimHub and I want to thank Wotever for the awesome job :)

Hi ! I guess it's your antivirus, simply white-list Simhub,

Sadly small developpers like me are most of the time victims of antiviruses randomly considering Simhub as something bad. You can find lot of open letters about this on the internet about other developpers in the same case. You can find some of these here about this "antivirus plot" :
- https://weblog.west-wind.com/posts/2016/Oct/05/Dealing-with-AntiVirus-False-Positives
- http://blog.nirsoft.net/2009/05/17/antivirus-companies-cause-a-big-headache-to-small-developers/

I've tested most of the antiviruses I got report of false positives, but it looks like they act totally randomly and i could not reproduce it on my end. The best way to fight this is to report it to your antivirus editor.

Obviously I test regularly simhub using virus total and I never had any warnings for a long time ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 52 88.1%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 9 15.3%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 10 16.9%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 16 27.1%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 20 33.9%