Resource icon

Tracks Donington Park 2.02

Login or Register an account to download this content
I have a lot of photos of both the surroundings and the track itself. These photos have been used to model the Project Cars version of the track. You are welcome to them if you are interested.

Brun updated Donington Park GP Circuit with a new update entry:

Donington Park 1.03

Not a major update, just a few small changes...

Fixed the pitlane issue so people running with penalties enabled won't be limited to 50kph

Changed the sectors so they're distributed more evenly around the track. Can't remember where I got the locations for the original ones but think they may have been for the National circuit. Also made sure the objects for the splits (and start/finish line) are outside the track boundaries so it should no longer be possible to miss them.

Added a...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I wonder if someone can help with me a slight problem I'm having with this track.

This is the first third party track I've tried. The built in tracks all seem to perform ok. I've had a few quick races with 12 or 13 cars on track as well as completed many of the special events races all with no hiccups. FPS ranges from 60-75 However, each time I try a quick race on this track, even if I reduce the field down to say only 5 other cars, I see regular red spikes in the performance graph even though the FPS is around the 80 mark. These start even whilst sat on the grid waiting for the race to start. Once underway, each red spike causes a pause in the gameplay, some of which are longer than others.

I tried the track in practice mode so only me on the track and it was fine. It's just when I introduce AI drivers.

I see from your posts Brun that you've added some higher res textures in recent updates. I was wondering if it was possible to try an earlier version to see if the lower res version is any better.

Cheers for any help.

I can run up to about 15 cars on this track, depending on the cars offcourse. Some of the mod cars are not fully optimized so they ask for more recources, combined with a high recources track that could be a problem in performance..

I also found out my ffb gain was in the red causing massive spikes in fps since the last update, i lowered it a bit and everything is like it used to be, could be that too. Check the pedal app its the grey one at the right it's not supposed to go red..

@Doyden

The older versions are available from 'version history'. 1.01 has the older textures if you want to try that.

What video card are you using, and how much VRAM does it have? Seems a few people with 1GB cards are struggling a bit, but there's nothing I can do about that other than reduce the texture resolution. Obviously I don't want to compromise the quality for the majority of people who are running it without any problems.

Thanks for the replies. I do indeed have a 1GB card - AMD HD 7800 series.

I tried the pedal app. My FFB is turned down quite a bit already, so I didn't notice it going red at all.

I'll try an earlier version as well as a couple of other third party tracks and see how I get on. As things stand, I can only use this one for hotlapping.

Ok I've just tried version 1.1 and that performs well. No red spikes or pauses at all. I do get the spikes and pauses in version 1.2. I've just tried some other tracks too such as Blackwood and Brands which were also fine.

I also have an 1gb card and 1.1 is the only version that performs well!

Is it much work to add smaller fixes like Pitch lane speed, sector fix etc to 1.1?
I would really appreciate that as this is the best scratch made track for AC yet!

If to much work I understand that to;)

After 1.0 RC this track is not working any more, i hope we get an update soon because this track is really nice :)
Can you be more specific about the way in which it's not working. I just tried the most recent version (1.03) in practice without any problems.

strange, now it works for me too :D so i dont think you have to fix it, was a problem on my pc i think.
so i can only say thank you for this great track :)

141026105901366553.jpg

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 15 23.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 11 17.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Forum trophies