Resource icon

Tracks Donington Park 2.02

Login or Register an account to download this content
I can see how you edited it and where from. LOL I did exactly the same, the files side by side are almost identical apart from mine has a higher zoom in level at certain parts. Anyway, well done chap at least the black sky is gone.

Would also like to add my thanks to Albert for the camera fixes included in 1.02. Thanks also to Stepy over at the KS forums for the working pit_lane.ai file.

I did, although I did slightly reduce the bumpiness of the grass.

Also left the penalties in for the grass and sand, mainly for consistency with the official tracks.

For my personal use I've added in a lighting file that takes the edge off the brightness in places, it works for my graphics settings and post processing options but you are welcome to have a try for yourselves. Just copy into the tracks data folder.

Attachments

• lighting.ini
    54 bytes · Views: 270
Nice update looks great, but I feel it,s not optimized for my system -
I get 60fps but in the corners i get micro studder IE still 58-60fps

just more demanding I guess as I actually was on the old version before downloading this version.

Not in all any critic on the mod it probably just stepped over the edge for my old machine,
still I run a lot of mod tracks without having this kind of problem before.

Sorry to hear about the stutters. Could you give us a bit more info about your hardware and settings, I'd be interested to work out what the cause might be.

VRAM use would be good to know. I don't think any of the in-game apps will show this but you can display it by installing something like MSI Afterburner and enabling the on-screen display.

Would also be useful to hear how other people get on with it since I upgraded the textures. I did split the grass texture up so that it's 4x 8k images rather than the single 16k one I mentioned in an earlier post.

Sorry to hear about the stutters. Could you give us a bit more info about your hardware and settings, I'd be interested to work out what the cause might be.

VRAM use would be good to know. I don't think any of the in-game apps will show this but you can display it by installing something like MSI Afterburner and enabling the on-screen display.

Would also be useful to hear how other people get on with it since I upgraded the textures. I did split the grass texture up so that it's 4x 8k images rather than the single 16k one I mentioned in an earlier post.

MY machine: I5 3570k (OC 4,2ghz) Nvidia GTX560ti 1GB

AC settings:
AF16, AAx8, Wold Detail =MAX, Shadow=Medium, Smoke=Low
Postprocessing = Disabled ,Cubemap = Low, Faces per frame = 4
I also set the AC profile in Nvidia Inspector to adaptive vertical sync.

I know I need an new GFX card - no money now!:(
With the settings above I am at an constant 60fps on all tracks official and modded.
That is even when I am racing the Ai, All I get is an drop to 48-50fps in the grid!

Anyway I have tested some more changing to AAx4 removed the issue:)

That said is there an AA setting on objects within the editor?
I have worked in some low level 3D software that have settings for if an object uses AA or not.

Reason for asking some Kunos tracks have terrible AA on some objects
most of the mod Tracks I play have less of these AA problems!

No problem I just set it AAx4 when playing this track!
it,s an great mod track, one of best in my eyes!

EDIT: Checked with GPU-Z and it tops out the vram, but I get same the values when testing Nord and other mod tracks?

Last edited:
Anyone else notice that when travelling down the pit lane, instead of being on the rev limiter at 80kph you are actually on the dreaded 50kph/slowdown penalty instead. Hope it isn't just me, hate that thing ;)

Other than that, great update, Brun, looking better each time.

Ah, that'll be cos I tried stopping the ai using the pit exit as they approach redgates by making it invalid track.

Forgot to change it back but it's easy enough to edit the data/surfaces.ini yourself. Just look under the pitlane section and change the 'is valid track' (or something, I'm posting this from the pub) to '1'.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 316 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 216 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 276 13.5%