Resource icon

Tracks Donington Park 2.02

Login or Register an account to download this content
Some info here: I had some tracks that did not have any map in game!
This track was among em.

If you have this problem with any tracks try to delete (move) "map.png" from the track folder and "map.ini" in the data folder.

Reload the track and the game recreates the files and you will have working maps.
I did not know this!

Worked on this track and 3 other tracks that had this problem!:)

Thanks for the map info. I only knocked that png up quickly last night after reading a comment that someone was missing the map. I never use them so hadn't even considered it until then.

I wasn't at all surprised that it didn't work, but will check out your suggestions and hopefully have it included and functional in the next version.

Thanks for the map info. I only knocked that png up quickly last night after reading a comment that someone was missing the map. I never use them so hadn't even considered it until then.

I wasn't at all surprised that it didn't work, but will check out your suggestions and hopefully have it included and functional in the next version.

Better yet don`t include the 2 files at all;) (Mite need some checking that it works/recreates for everyone first) but Let the game create the map when they run the track for the first time!

I think it,s an resolution thing or mite be an format thing?
I checked the moved ini with the recreated one and the format is different?

Important:
There is a lot of unnecessary provoking in the thread, try to keep it clean. Just respect the author for his hard work.
People are also allowed to have and share their opinions, but when you share your opinion on a open forum like RD you will get people writing their opinion on yours, which is in their right to do so.
More nonsense stops from this point.

@Brun
Thanks for a great track!

Important:
There is a lot of unnecessary provoking in the thread, try to keep it clean. Just respect the author for his hard work.
People are also allowed to have and share their opinions, but when you share your opinion on a open forum like RD you will get people writing their opinion on yours, which is in their right to do so.
More nonsense stops from this point.

@Brun
Thanks for a great track!
Noted :)

If you add a lighting.file the colouring already looks much better. I tried one from another track and it works out fine. I also changed the friction and the FF of the grass in the surface.file so if I hit the grass, the car starts sliding and spinning.
Just to be clear, sorry for the unnecessary comments but I got really frustrated by some. I never intended to offend you with my comment in any way, it was merely informative and in a way trying to help. Hope you understand.
Keep up the good work.

No worries.

I wasn't aware of the conversion when I started, but after looking at it (only on youtube, didn't want to download it in case it influenced my own work) I felt I could improve it significantly, not just in terms of visual quality but also accuracy. I appreciate that the current textures aren't to some people's liking (there are similar discussions elsewhere), but that's a very subjective area where it's impossible to please everyone.

Fortunately the feedback in general has been overwhelmingly positive, and is great motivation to invest the time to improve things further. I may even tweak the saturation of the grass, but make no apologies if you still feel it's not as 'nice' as the other version.

I'll be following your work closely. I have to say I did criticise an unfinished work, not completely fair of me. You have talent for it, I might consider to take back a few words if the updates are delivering.
I have a vid of this converted Donington track on my youtube channel, if you're interested just hit this link : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW46dBxQUUN1_450TTGoLyg and look for the Zonda R vs 599 FXX vid.

Texture news!

As a test last night I increased the grass texture to a whopping 16k and layered a high res grass tile over it. Had no idea what impact that might have on performance, but after thinking photoshop had crashed while taking five minutes to save the dds I wasn't very optimistic.

Surprisingly, not only did it work but I didn't even notice any effect on framerates. Obviously uses more VRAM, about 175MB compared to only 10MB for the old 4k map (assuming that memory use equals filesize for dds textures). The KN5 size increased accordingly as well, it's now just under 500MB which is slightly larger than Kunos' Silverstone.

It does look very good, if I do say so myself. It's probably still not as 'high res' as you'd get with a good tiling texture, but reckon it's a decent compromise considering it has all the large scale detail that I felt was really important.

The only bad news is that I'm busy for the next couple of days so won't be able to show any evidence of it until Sunday. I think I'll also have to look into making it 4x8k maps because I'm not sure what will happen with hardware that doesn't support 16k ones.

Not sure if anyone has pointed this out or it may just be the way the track is supposed to be, but the final hairpin/corner is really hard to see with the bright track. The apex appears really late. Might just be how the track is supposed to be designed however.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back