Resource icon

Tracks Donington Park 2.02

Login or Register an account to download this content
The only AI issues I get are the ones quoted above.
Its related to your update description:
"Included much improved AI file for GP layout, many thanks to Stepy over on the Kunos forums
Recorded new AI file for National circuit which probably isn't as good..."

By my tests the AI is not really competitive and choose strange lines sometimes at the National layout and I was hoping its related to this.

Greets After_Midnight :)

screenshot_ks_mclaren_570s_doningtonpark_13-5-118-20-57-49-jpg.251455

screenshot_ks_mclaren_570s_doningtonpark_13-5-118-20-58-16-jpg.251456

screenshot_ks_mclaren_570s_doningtonpark_13-5-118-20-59-27-jpg.251457

screenshot_ks_mclaren_570s_doningtonpark_13-5-118-21-0-16-jpg.251458

Watching BTCC the other week and noticed a rebranding courtesy of MSV and a lot of red paint. Also checked google maps and saw the satellite images have been updated since they finished remodelling the infield.

Felt like the above justified an update. Should hopefully be done in a week or two. I'll try and take a look at the issues which have been brought up since the last version, apologies for not responding to them.

Hey mate, sorry if I bother.. is this still coming by any chance?
Thank you for this beautiful track :)

side lines or boundaries for better AI racing, to keep them within the track better, specially on chicanes. Oh, talking about chicane, on the GP layout there should be something that prevents cutting the chicane The Esses

Haven't got round to addressing the AI lines yet, and am on the beers now so it's not gonna happen tonight. However, other than that I hope everything is final, so you can download it from here...

Donington 2018

Obviously let me know of any issues. Hopefully there won't be too much to prevent the official update soon.

Edit: Updated download link to version 2.01 which fixes missing LODs on the grass.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

Absolutely lovely, didn't notice any issues with AI running mixed GT grid.
Looks stunning in VR. Great job, thanks.
Does this one supersedes the older one?

That's good to hear, thanks.

My intention was for them both to be used. People might prefer blue and white kerbs when running certain Nissan Primera BTCC mods, for example.

I hadn't considered it until now, but once 2018 is sorted I could probably give the older version a refresh. I do think this new one is significantly better in a few places - particularly the grass - so it would make sense to get them to a similar standard. No promises though.

That's good to hear, thanks.

My intention was for them both to be used. People might prefer blue and white kerbs when running certain Nissan Primera BTCC mods, for example.

I hadn't considered it until now, but once 2018 is sorted I could probably give the older version a refresh. I do think this new one is significantly better in a few places - particularly the grass - so it would make sense to get them to a similar standard. No promises though.

As small feedback, Donington always has had a problem (on my system) whereas grass looks pretty bad with world detail set to 'high'. This new 2018 version is considerably worse in this regard unfortunately... As I said, just feedback based on my specific configuration.

As for everything else, this new 2018 version is basically a whole new track! Thank you very much for your hard work!

Last edited:
Apologies for that. I'm interested in how it looks worse, would expect the difference to manifest itself in performance rather than image quality. Could you share some screenshots?

It's possible to disable the 3D grass entirely now. Replace the ini files with the attached.

Attachments

• models_gp.ini
    2.6 KB · Views: 178
  • models_national.ini
    2.6 KB · Views: 160
Apologies for that. I'm interested in how it looks worse, would expect the difference to manifest itself in performance rather than image quality. Could you share some screenshots?

It's possible to disable the 3D grass entirely now. Replace the ini files with the attached.

No need to :)

I don't want to disable the 3d grass, on the contrary the problem actually stands because with world detail set to 'high' there is no 3d grass. I just get the plain terrain surface texture. This isn't the case with Kunos tracks or other high quality track mods like Donington, where I do get 3d grass with my graphics setting. That is why I say it looks bad. The new 2018 version looks worse (still on my system) because the new terrain surface texture suffers even more from the lack of 3d grass (again, with my specific setting of world detail) due to how it looks.
I hope the issue is clearer now, if not I'll get some screens ;)

@Brun I've been testing 2018 extensively this morning and it's fantastic. I haven't spotted anything amiss so far. Thanks very much!
It's always a thrill when the two fighter jets rip over the track. Is the timing, position and direction always the same? Can it be randomised? I'd love it if every once in a while they came over VERY low and close.
I remember the first time I was buzzed by them on the previous track. I was driving in VR and almost soiled myself..! :p

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back