Resource icon

Tracks Donington Park 2.02

Login or Register an account to download this content
there wouldn't be any difference for the AI if boundaries are recorded, but at the is your call anyways. Online racing permits a lot of cutting (with no penalty) on this track on the esses chicanes, either on gp or national layout

@Brun still got no grass here mate :(

no grass.jpg

EDIT: was going to mention missing LOD OUTs for the grass but you caught it! Didn’t see the updated link!

Maybe the missing grass patch is pivot point location not where it should be?

Hi Brun mate.

Your Donington is awesome.

The one thing I think needs looking at is the Coppice apex kerb / grass area. In reality cars can cut this pretty easily, whereas in your model it causes all kinds of trouble for cars. Can this section be flattened out somewhat or made easier to cross in some way? Thanks! :)

I found a pretty big bug using your track. When playing race weekends, when the qualifying session starts, the cars are jumping on the pit lane and only 4-5 cars are getting onto the track. This is happening on donnington park national, with every car i chose (kunos made or modded). Can i fix this somehow or it can't be done anything?

Hello and happy new year.

First of all, congratz on this amazing track, the quality is amazing.
If you dont mind, could you quickly describe the way the planes are made to land in the nearby airport?
I have found one of your replies here describing the way the jets fly over but I was wondering how the landing is done.
Thank you very much, keep up the good work this year too.

Hello and happy new year.

First of all, congratz on this amazing track, the quality is amazing.
If you dont mind, could you quickly describe the way the planes are made to land in the nearby airport?
I have found one of your replies here describing the way the jets fly over but I was wondering how the landing is done.
Thank you very much, keep up the good work this year too.
I've never seen a plane land at Donington - where does this happen?
They 'take off' from the adjacent airfield but I suspect they are simply a chain of planes emerging from deep underground on a take-off trajectory.
There's also the Tornados that fly over the track and a high-level jet at cruising altitude, but I'm pretty sure no planes actually land anywhere. I think that would be nigh impossible to program in a believable way with the limited Kunos balloon movement options available.

I've never seen a plane land at Donington - where does this happen?
They 'take off' from the adjacent airfield but I suspect they are simply a chain of planes emerging from deep underground on a take-off trajectory.
There's also the Tornados that fly over the track and a high-level jet at cruising altitude, but I'm pretty sure no planes actually land anywhere. I think that would be nigh impossible to program in a believable way with the limited Kunos balloon movement options available.
Sorry, I must have been imagining things :redface:
I'm sure I remember them at least taking off, climbing out of the airport an then leveling off and continue fly straight away from the map, how is that change in pitch done?

Hi Brun,

great track, thank you for fantastic work. Not sure if you know but it's used in SRS online racing system. I had two great races on your track just yesterday. Nothing amiss in my races, but in the forums people are now reporting that apparently it is possible to make a giant illegal shortcut when racing the GP layout by taking the National route. Would you be able to provide a fix for that?

Here is a link to the SRS forum thread (probably requires registration): http://www.simracingsystem.com/showthread.php?tid=4987

Thanks for this 2018 major overhaul! It deserves to have it's own download page or at least be featured on the mod's page to get some more attention if you wish to keep them separate. Only found it by luck after one review mentioned it. Performance is already great, and looks are top with more detailed hills. The new tone of the grass is also more in line with original content.
Cheers!

Last edited:
It was always my intention to make it a proper download, there were just a few things I needed to take care of which took ages to get round to.

Fortunately I managed to get that stuff done over the last couple of weekends, so here's v2.02 which will be an official download unless someone finds a serious problem with it before tomorrow evening...

Donington 2018 2.02

Btw, when exiting the pit on practice in a lazy way, by going over the other pits in a straight line the car shakes violently in a zone after the flag post to the right (tested with a low car like the DRM Capri). I think this was already present in the 1.xx. Is the cement completely uneven in there? Thanks!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back