Do you personally know of any females that play racing games?

My wife tried Grand Prix 4 at Monza once, just for fun. She was only about 15 seconds off my pace, which is not bad, being her first time on wheels and pedals.

Never again, though - she has no interest in sports and/or racing.

She plays only Sims 3....

God, when I was a bit younger, I had to deliberately crash or commit driving mistakes to let others get close(not those that deliberately took a short-cut like at Montreal to beat me) to me. My friends weren't really racing games fans. Sometimes, I'd be able to enjoy a nice cup of tea until my foe arrives at the last corner when I had my car parked on the outside of the straight. I'd then express my feelings by saying "Whoops, I spun there!" or used an unpleasant swear word to hide the fact I was on the edge of taking a nap.

...okay, the above might not be fully true. But hey, old Hockenheim and my friends were hardly slowing down and taking the corner as they should. Luckily for them, damage was disabled. Otherwise, I'd have been able to use cruise control and handle the controller with my feet.

The description above goes for games like F1 World Grand Prix(1997) by Videosystem, but also for the later games on PS1 and the one Sony made on PS2.

I also remember my uncle playing NASCAR(98?) on N64 with me. I think he was hardly steering and using the barrier to "follow the track boundaries and completing laps".

My brother isn't a fan of racing games. Although he likes to drive cars in GTA. He isn't bad, but evading the incoming traffic, using the right brake point to avoid te very wet stuff(Commonly known as the sea), corners or a road blockade aswell as overtaking annoyed cops and race rivals isn't really perfect.

As for the girls that sometimes came over... did we ever play racing games then? ... Dunno.
---------------------------------------------------

But when we were playing fighting games like DOA, it was more even with my friends. I still remember a game when a friend and me both picked Bass. Now, the one smashing buttons quicker would win. I was the lucky one and used Bass' "Nut-Cracker"(Dohohohoho, changing your voice in thousands of a second) move and ROFLMAO'ed while my friend had to look annoyed at the screen, getting his nuts kicked. It was funny, I cornered him and "kicknuted" him and enternity!xD

Did I just write all this stuff?

My mrs does like to odd go on my simulator, although it is fair to say she spends more time cutting the virtual grass than hitting an apex! Me old man also has as go on my set up when i take it home, but again, spends more time cutting virtual grass and checking out the sturdyness of the barriers...

And then there is my brother, who you may know from race department, Nik Hughes, another virtual grass cu.............. :)

After this one,No More Assists for my gf! Jeez look what she did! :mad:

This mod being my absolute favorite one in all the Race series, yes i did take it a bit hard when she beat me.:D

To top it off, my gf is gloating hard with this run against my ghost:frown:

Also i hear clapping in the background, that just hurts even more! :tongue::D

And i'm still proud of this one!:)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back