Do you personally know of any females that play racing games?

It's hard to find people here in Quebec (of my age mind you) who actually like and know about racing...

All of them are just crazy about stupid colored rims and dumb modifications...

Oh no, not the tuner fraction with their "My badass car has more downforce when I lower it on the ground, it makes it sooo cool" motto.

I'd love it if there was a girl I knew interested in racing the slightest bit.

Yes, that bunch... For some reasons their exhaust line is always full of holes and their car thus sounds like crap... Oh, and albeit having a "OMG my turbo is so amazing" they're still slow as hell because they can't understand the fact that you can't just put a Turbo in a car without tuning anything else... or the turbo for that matter...

And by the way, I'd like to meet one single girl who isn't all superficial or always after "big muscley retarded football players"...

I have a question you guys could help us answer, my girlfriend and i are in a bit of a debate about her excelling experience on my sims. She thinks that because she is really good at Mario Kart and Daytona USA, it has contributed to her skill on sims. I disagreed and told her it is because of playing GT5 in the past that she has become good with sims . But on the other hand when she started playing GT5 for the first time she wasn't doing all that bad to begin with. Do you guys think those two games would really help? mind you Pauline is So good with Mario Kart that i won't play against her anymore. She absolutely makes a fool out of me on it:(. Also she is a good driver in real and can drive manual transmission cars well,so come to think of it as i'm typing this i'm starting to think she is right. Opinions guys?

Well we were up late again. Vancouver is becoming Pauline"s favorite track.

Omer if you are wondering i've been washing the truck. I've kept my end of the deal since the PMSC at Istanbul bet that i had made. Except this week because of my twisted ankle.

I didn't play with Mario Kart, but I think arcade games in general improve reflexes as they are much faster than sims. Playing a game like Grid f.e. on a good level is much harder in my opinion, I never understood how people could go as fast as they did there.

Trust me, NEVER one would be good at simracing by playing Mario Kart...

I became good at simracing because:

1) A lot of Gran Turismo 1/2/3/4, Forza 1/2/3 and a few others, on consoles...

2) My father is one of the most decorated driver to have race in the province of Quebec (16 Quebec Slalom Championships, 2 Canada Slalom Championships, 2 Formula Ford Championships (Quebec), some Karting and Rally Sprint...) All of that pretty much in the 80's, when motorsports around here was the most popular I'd say (Mainly because it was less expensive than today)

So yes, in my opinion it might be because she knows how to drive in real life, and since you have a good steering wheel it helps to accomodate her driving reflexes ;)

Yeh things didn't work out as i planned lol! I figured with rain it would make it more difficult to drive but no. AWD has a lot of grip and Pauline knows to modulate the throttle. I'm downloading the ZR1/Z06 later tonight and if she is not too tired after work, I'll ask her to try the ZR1 with the same conditions hehe!.

Well with no assists, gf is no where as quick, especially with RWD V8 cars. She had a hour or so to kill before having to leave for work so because of my bad right foot i set the clutch pedal for throttle, felt weird but i pulled it off and set a ghost to chase.

Good to know i'm still faster on even grounds. I still have some pride left in me:D:D:D. Pauline won't be chasing my ghosts in the rain any time soon. Oh never got to the ZR1 mod, found some other cool mods and forgot about NG's 100mb limit.

Well as of today, no more driving assists for my gf. She still has the option of manual or auto transmission but that's it! So she spent some time on Toban tonight with a Cadillac CTS-V

Sweet! she is driving my dream sedan, except for the pink lol!:rolleyes::D

Another nice run by Pauline. Not fast but clean, she paddle shifted and only assist was ABS on low:cool:

She is showing off another new car of hers, which i think looks pretty cool! She prefers cars with no graphics.Red is her colour.

Thank You David Ross for the skin work. :) Pauline&Hiroshi

Pauline at Spa 08

Hehe she was used to Spa 04 where the chicane turns in left at the end of circuit so the first few laps Pauline would come up to chicane wanting to turn left instead of right:D , but she got it right. I think it's Formula Masters cars after we come home from Karting tonight!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.