DiRT Rally 2.0 DiRT 2.0: VR Still Coming - No Release Date Yet

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
DiRT 2.0 VR Update.jpg

Codemasters have given a very brief update on the promised VR update for DiRT 2.0.

VR, or Virtual Reality, continues to steadily grow in popularity within the sim racing game space, something that has and continues to be recognised by many racing game developers.

With the ability to sit right in the heart of your virtual race car, VR and sim racing are a perfect match for each other, and for many who have tried the combination, lack of VR support is seen as pretty much a deal breaker with regards to spending any serious time within games.

Noting this trend amongst racing game fans, not to mention an immense amount of community pressure via social media, Codemasters confirmed a post release update will be heading to the game that brings VR support to the title.. but have since remained tight lipped on how VR will be implemented, or when it will be coming.

Today the development team left a small note at the end of their recent roadmap update, and although light on detail, it does at least give us reassurance that VR is still on the table, and set to join DR2.0 in the non too distant future..

Summer is here and the DiRT community’s been lighting up our Twitter page with one question in particular, “where is VR”? While we don’t have a release date or extra info to share right now I do want to point out that yes, the DiRT team is working hard on making the virtual a reality in DiRT Rally 2.0. We’re excited to share the news just as much as you are to read it, and once everything is in place we’ll provide another update.
Not exactly full of detail, but reassuring nevertheless..... keep holding tight folks, it's coming!

DiRT 2.0 is available for Xbox One, PS4 and PC now.

Check the DiRT 2.0 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for news, mods and community discussion about this excellent rally game.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Does the -othervr parameter not work on the steam version?
Nope that still opens both Steam VR as well as Oculus Home.

Sorry to say as also I hoped otherwise but VR is because of the stuttering unplayable right now.
Hopefully someone comes with a solution or hints to improve the VR performance and hopefully I learn that this user does something wrong. Parallel I will also log a ticket via the official Codemasters forum.

Is the cause that we bought and start via Steam and not 'native' Oculus?

If other users also experience the same "issue" please go to and report: official forum

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

Well, we don't want that kind of OpenVR support.
Shame as was really looking forward to it.

Something tells me Oculus version might not be much better.

Are the cars cut in half in VR like dirt 1?
Yes! Full interior so including a rear. It really looks gorgeous.

haha So I actually had to start with No!!! ;)

Quick view (don't pay attention to the wrong width aspect ratio. In VR it is ok and the pointer arrow is also not visible in VR only on 2D side screen).

And just for fun a quick run with the Mini in Greece*. The in car immersive animations are cool (e.g. look at "my" right foot). And what about the sky when looking out the side window. :thumbsup:

* Thanks @kolysion for correcting my mistake. It's Argentina! I need vacation

Last edited:
Possible workaround from Reddit:
36a0f9ba8dfc3518f5d9e82db5857911.png

Maybe people could try that, and report here possible improvements? I'll try it later tonight

Edit: No fix for me, same stutters

Idea of buying DR2.0 again from Oculus Store just to get decent performance doesn't sit well with me. Especially when I have the Deluxe Edition, which wasn't even discounted at the time. And the Oculus Store version doesn't seem to have any DLC included, it's 55€ for the base game? Then buy DLC again too..

Last edited:
vr is crappy as hell with the rift. wiht 7700k + 1080 only playable with ultra low settings. and even then it's stuttering and I am getting sick because of the low framerate. never had a problem before in any game.

and I also have to say I don't like the game at all. tried it out for the first time today but for me it feels a lot more like dirt 4 than dirt rally 1.0 or even than rbr. I think I will stick with DR 1.0. Only wasted 35€ since I bought the deluxe version while it was on sale. not really a successor for DR 1.0 in my opinion. I am a little bit disappointed...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back