Codemasters have released a new DiRT 2.0 update to the game - alongside confirming a new Force Feedback fix is on the way next week...
The new update, deployed to the title yesterday, comes at an important time for DiRT 2.0 with many players starting to become frustrated with a game that is seemingly failing to live up to its initial potential in the eyes of the community.
Having released across both PC and console just a few short months ago, Codemasters have remained active within the community and do seem to be responding to the feedback of the players, whilst at the same time releasing a robust if slightly controversial program of post launch DLC.
Although this update offers a number of useful tweaks and fixes, it is perhaps the final sentence of the below change log that will interest players the most... the long awaited force feedback update is set to be deployed to the game next week - hopefully addressing some of the issues that appear to be at the forefront of community members experiences to date.
DiRT 2.0 V1.4 Update Notes:
- Online Custom events can now be set up as human only
- Plain black and white liveries added for most vehicles
- UI indication added for when ghost cars are stopped due to time penalty
- Leaderboards will now support going to the top from all positions
- AI will no longer select unreleased vehicles
- Speedcar Xtrem wheels will not disappear
- Improvement to Silverstone joker lap detection
- Costa Rican added as a nationality
- Tyre warnings are improved when in the service area
- Reset line improvements on Mettet
- Delta Daily will now award correct credits
- Improvements to Opel Manta 400 engine audio
- Turning off Personal Best ghosts will keep them off for the remainder of the session
- Visual improvements to some vehicles
- Proximity warnings will not be shown on retired vehicles
- Resuming championships will not damage previously undamaged components
- Stability improvements throughout title
DiRT Rally 2.0 is available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC now.
For news, discussion, mods and more head over to the DiRT Rally 2.0 sub forum right here at RaceDepartment.
Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!