• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Featured DiRT 2.0 Update 1.4 Released - FFB Update Next Week

Discussion in 'DiRT Rally 2.0' started by Paul Jeffrey, May 15, 2019.

1. RaceNut

RaceNut

Ratings:
    +717
    It is true that most titles are designed to work with the Direct-Input effects at 100% (Damping, Friction, Spring, Sine, etc.). In some titles, it makes little difference but, the Dirt series FFB does rely on these effects.
    SimCommander is the only wheel-side software that I'm aware of that can produce Engine Vibes. RaceRoom offers it in FFB settings but, it's a more rudimentary method as it does not work in a smooth progression, but in steps. Perhaps, Fanatec's new software will offer it for the Podium series.

SimX did say that the telemetry available for DR2 is currently incomplete due to some issues.

2. Elaphe

Elaphe

Ratings:
    +161
    Do you know if Dirt Rally 2 works fine with Simvibe (for my shakers) and with SimHub (for my dash monitor)?

3. *CF*

*CF*

Ratings:
    +14

Dirt Rally 2.0 works fine with Simhub......

4. 69Harder

69Harder
    Banned

Ratings:
    +36

I remember when Stefano Casillo said that the FFB code for Assetto Corsa was only one short line.
    Turned out pretty good :roflmao:

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  5. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN

Ratings:
    +520
    Works with SimVibe. I have road bumps, gear switch and engine RPM tied into one transducer (all I have, but it's still great upgrade for immersion, especially in rally games which contain lot of jump landings)

6. RaceNut

RaceNut

Ratings:
    +717
    DR2 motion effects are much improved over DR1 using the D-box system and SimX has said the amount of telemetry data has been expanded too although, there remains an issue for them to access all of it. They need CM to address some issues with how the telemetry is transferred.

I think DR2 has very good potential but, the nagging micro-stutter keeps me from diving deeper into the game at the moment.

7. kevin ohara

kevin ohara

Ratings:
    +41
    I could not get Simvibe & dashmeter pro dash to work until I did the following:

Got it working eventually as the problem is that simvibe overwrites 20777 to 10001. Had download cm proxy server from here:

http://www.eksimracing.com/cmps/
    Not expert on this but put this in my Dirt Rally hardware settings config file
    <motion_platform>
    <dbox enabled="true" />
    <udp enabled="true" ip="127.0.0.1" port="10001" ExtraData="3" Delay="1" />

In the CM Proxy have this entered:
    Main Proxy UDP port 10001
    Host IP Address 127.0.0.1
    Device UDP ports & API version
    Port 20777 API 3 Remote IP 127.0.0.1

So simvibe uses 10001 and dashmeter pro uses 20777 (suppose replace with what simdash port is used)

Had to configure cm proxy then shut it down launch my dashmeter pro then run cm proxy for it to work. Hope this helps as I went around in circles until got it sorted.

8. RaceNut

RaceNut

Ratings:
    +717
    With Dirt4, CM added support for multiple UDP ports and that still applies with DR2 however, there are some known issues with how the ExtraData configurations work. I do have multiple devices accessing DR2 telemetry without using a proxy server, including SC4/SimVibe/SimDash, etc.

9. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN
    DirtT Tuned Motorsports

Ratings:
    +1,597
    yesterday I received a 1.8gb download featuring the new ffb update, this morning I got a 4.6gb update....any ideas of what was updated?

Edit update 1.4.1 notes from steam which is the same statement released for yesterdays ffb update, not really sure what has changed today?

Force Feedback changes:

The latest update to arrive to DiRT Rally 2.0 this morning - update 1.4.1 - is primarily focused upon updating the Force Feedback for steering wheels. After looking into comments about the feel from all parts of our community, we’ve changed the way the ‘Suspension’ setting works to try and exhibit the behaviours that you've been requesting. For this update the slider has been set at a default level of 100 for all devices, but this can be changed to suit your preferences.

If you prefer the way things felt previously, then simply head to the Input section of the Options & Extras menu, select your device and then adjust the ‘Suspension’ slider in the Vibration & Feedback tab to 0.

We want to give a huge thanks to the entire community for their feedback and patience while we've looked into implementing these changes - especially to those of you who've taken the time to come back to us with incredibly useful, nuanced feedback about your FFB experiences. It's worth mentioning that while this is the first big update to the FFB, it's definitely a work in progress and we plan to refine the feeling further. Please - let us know what you think.

10. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Premium

Ratings:
    +4,337
    I was wondering about that 4.6 GB update as well. I guess it's files for the Germany DLC that will be released next week?

11. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS

Ratings:
    +41
    Yes, Germany is now added to the files.

• Beer Beer x 1
  12. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Premium

Ratings:
    +4,337
    BTW:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  13. anton_Chez

anton_Chez
    Premium

Ratings:
    +535
    So no new rallies at all then?

Roger that.

:O_o:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. cerebralvortex

cerebralvortex
    Premium

Ratings:
    +57
    Wales ?

15. Hoksu

Hoksu

Ratings:
    +508
    Copy-pasted from DR1 =/= new

cue someone argue they are new content because they have updated textures or something

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. anton_Chez

anton_Chez
    Premium

Ratings:
    +535
    At least there's basically no reason to buy the Season Pass/es since most owners of DR2 already have DR1 aka Season Pass pack.

Disagree all you want. Wales is yet another rehash and the hope now of at least having a couple of new rallies delivered via DLC in addition to the recycled ones is completely shot. For once, most of us would have been happy to lay down some cash for additional content not in the base game and CM still can't find enough reason to actually make new content.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.