Did you Actually get a RTX3080/90? How?

I too picked up a chance link from the nvidia site, Lucky me they had a 3090 of the brand i wanted that wasn't being held to ransom with an insane mark up. It's worth saying though that there's more plentiful stock of 3090's around, just they're being pimped at higher prices by retailers.

G2 arriving in the next week or two, so it had to be the 90.
I hope the G2 will run with my new 3080 too, I can't afford another upgrade any time soon :)

Last edited:
Any UK folks looking for hardware during this draught: Avoid Overclockers like the plague. I’ve had an absolute nightmare with them and their dreadful customer service. In the end I’ve managed to get in an order for a 3080 in at Scan, who (so far) have been great.

Last edited:
Buying my gear from OCUK for 20 years, but i agree, they've dropped off a cliff recently. I got my card elsewhere, and a lot cheaper than their listed price.

Other retailers seem to have stock of items that they've not had listed for months too, it's hard to make out why it's gone down hill.

Had a look on scan but there isn't even the option to join a pre order for any card. I would have to keep an eye on them to see when the list opens up again. I like how they have a list of how many outstanding order there are for each card, gives some idea of what cards are in high demand. Don't like how the amount of cards they're getting is actually going down not up.

I got my 3080 from CCL. I signed up to 'notify me' on their website. I got an email, added card to basket and then they had a good bit of software that kept retrying to check out automatically for me.

I managed to get a FE 3090 today at MSRP from NVIDA (via Scan.co.uk). There were also a few 3080 FE's available for a short time, one of which my friend managed to get.

The way I did this was to use a really great notification program which notifies you via Discord when any 3000 series, AMD card, and Ryzen CPUs are found on any of the EU or US retailers that it tracks. I have been running Discord in the background while working, set to only notify me when a 3090 was detected (and I turned off all other notifications). Everytime I hear a notification I jump on Discord and see if it's something I want to try and buy.

Just go to https://stockdrops.net/ and click the button to join the Discord server.

Good luck ! :)

Last edited:
There still for sale here in Ukraine + 5000 series cpu
I can go grab them right now 3070,80,90
5600,5800,5950x
I never saw a 5900x well not looked for a few weeks or a new amd card but the rest are plentiful, no good if you live in the US but here the prices reflecting the U.K. pound like the 5950x I purchased in the U.K. was £750 here I paid $995 which converted to pounds was the same so don’t mind, anyways food for thought.

loads of them kinda take your pick.
1AE1DED3-6857-47FC-B634-E94D8B381C61.jpeg

This 5600x even in the sale :D
7E0F3D38-339C-4423-9E71-533A50283874.jpeg

DC04A3E7-0EB4-4306-853D-549B8145BCF1.jpeg

That’s just 1 shop it’s everywhere

Last edited:
Was going to build a PC for my daughter's combo holiday/birthday but ended up going the pre-built route to ensure I was able to make it happen. Stage4 Maingear Vybe for $2400 (price has since gone up to $2500). Know I paid a premium, but seemed reasonable given that there is no availability. My guess based on an approximate PCPartPicker configuration is that I paid them an extra $230 or so for the build service, warranty, and shipping vs. DIY with components from Newegg/Amazon.

Listed specs (feel free to flame if you think I got ripped). Also bought a Black Friday 2tb 870+ M.2 from Amazon to supplement/replace the 2tb HDD. Memory is not spec'd, but per Maingear CS will likely be their standard 3600 HyperX kit.

AMD Ryzen 5900X with Epic 240 Supercooler
MSI B550 PRO-VDH WIFI
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080
16GB DDR4 Memory
512GB Intel 660p M.2 NVME
2TB HDD
750 Watt PSU
Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM
RGB Lighting Kit (fans & case)
Maingear Vybe Case

Screen Shot 2020-11-29 at 12.14.49 PM.png

Last edited:
When i bought my 3080 i also got a code for Watch Dogs Legion.

Since i don't really play Ubisoft's open world franchises i was wondering if someone here did not get one (because the retailer was not part of the promotion for example) and would be interested in the code?

I would give it away for free of course and it expires tomorrow. You need a 3080 to activate it!

First come, first serve :D

I've got a 3090 arriving tomorrow. I got bored waiting for my number to come up, and have only come from 1,000 four weeks ago to 750 on Friday. I saw one one up, and pressed buy. Stupid, but it's christmas so I've spent my bonus early this year.

Do you think the Watch Dogs Legion code would work with a 3090? No worries if not.

As per nvidia's homepage it should work with the 3080 and 3090 :)

Ubisoft says " You can redeem the code until 11.30.2020." and i assume that means it will still work today, as it's the last day of the month.

I'll pm you the code!

As per nvidia's homepage it should work with the 3080 and 3090 :)

Ubisoft says " You can redeem the code until 11.30.2020." and i assume that means it will still work today, as it's the last day of the month.

I'll pm you the code!

Thanks, I'll let you know how it goes. Awesome community!

Was going to build a PC for my daughter's combo holiday/birthday but ended up going the pre-built route to ensure I was able to make it happen. Stage4 Maingear Vybe for $2400 (price has since gone up to $2500). Know I paid a premium, but seemed reasonable given that there is no availability. My guess based on an approximate PCPartPicker configuration is that I paid them an extra $230 or so for the build service, warranty, and shipping vs. DIY with components from Newegg/Amazon.

Listed specs (feel free to flame if you think I got ripped). Also bought a Black Friday 2tb 870+ M.2 from Amazon to supplement/replace the 2tb HDD. Memory is not spec'd, but per Maingear CS will likely be their standard 3600 HyperX kit.

AMD Ryzen 5900X with Epic 240 Supercooler
MSI B550 PRO-VDH WIFI
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080
16GB DDR4 Memory
512GB Intel 660p M.2 NVME
2TB HDD
750 Watt PSU
Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM
RGB Lighting Kit (fans & case)
Maingear Vybe Case

View attachment 423282

Looks like a great set of parts. I don't think you've made any mistakes there. Looks top of the line.

16Gb RAM might be a bit light going forward. You could swap out for a reasonable priced set of 32Gb next year for about £120 I should think.

Also the 512Gb NVME main drive is good for a little while but you've done the right thing adding a 2Tb NVME drive. The HDD won't be much use other than for slow backups. Modern games require fast drives. Mechanical HDD's don't really cut it anymore (annoyingly slow).

I ordered mine 2 months ago. All payed for and i am still 205 from 375 on the list. Maybe i should ask my money back and wait till next year. No way i will receive it by christmas as it seems to be going down 25 a week.

I ordered mine 2 months ago. All payed for and i am still 205 from 375 on the list. Maybe i should ask my money back and wait till next year. No way i will receive it by christmas as it seems to be going down 25 a week.
Which Christmas are you talking about 2021?

The last week has been completely dead. No movement at all on Overclockers, no posts with announcements for card coming in.

I was tempted to for a 3090 just so I'd have something but I've calmed down and just resigned to the fact I'll have to wait till next year.

I'll save that money and put it towards a car.

The last week has been completely dead. No movement at all on Overclockers, no posts with announcements for card coming in.

I was tempted to for a 3090 just so I'd have something but I've calmed down and just resigned to the fact I'll have to wait till next year.

After reading so my posts here, I'm realising more and more how lucky I was to find a 3080. I hit exactly the right five minutes on the website where I ordered it. Five minutes later, all of the cards were gone

Probably a good idea. I may wait till last week of December and if not i will ask for my money back. To be honest i am not sure i need it now anyway as i am only running on 1080p and i can max most games out.

Probably a good idea. I may wait till last week of December and if not i will ask for my money back. To be honest i am not sure i need it now anyway as i am only running on 1080p and i can max most games out.
The only reason I'm buying this card is for VR performance in ACC. I have a 2070 super and it's well able to run most games I've thrown at it on a single screen, at 2K. I was really surprised how well RD2 ran. I did get a 4K display so I'll need more horsepower going forward.

If you're still on a 1080 display then it may be a better option to spend the money on a screen with a higher resolution for now. That seems to be where most the gains are happening. The higher resolution screens do give a big graphical boost in clarity. When all the demand issues are gone and you've spent some time with the higher resolution screen you can decide if you need a new card or not.

I found the 4K display to be one of those SSD moments. It's not where you traditionally make performance leaps but the difference is noticeable.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 19 25.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 18 23.7%
  • Prizes

Votes: 16 21.1%
  • Trophies

Votes: 8 10.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 6.6%