Did you Actually get a RTX3080/90? How?

The only reason I'm buying this card is for VR performance in ACC. I have a 2070 super and it's well able to run most games I've thrown at it on a single screen, at 2K. I was really surprised how well RD2 ran. I did get a 4K display so I'll need more horsepower going forward.

If you're still on a 1080 display then it may be a better option to spend the money on a screen with a higher resolution for now. That seems to be where most the gains are happening. The higher resolution screens do give a big graphical boost in clarity. When all the demand issues are gone and you've spent some time with the higher resolution screen you can decide if you need a new card or not.

I found the 4K display to be one of those SSD moments. It's not where you traditionally make performance leaps but the difference is noticeable.

I tried it. I had a 34 inch ultrawide alienware. And then a dell. I have been sensititve to electrical equipment since i was 20. I have no idea what it is. I know its not blue screen filters. Its more to do with frequency. Anyway i am now content on my alienware 24.5 which i have no issues with.

I have a 2070 super also and so i maybe content. Recently upgraded to an x570 board to show the true power of my ssd. Haha. Oh well we can all be fooled i guess. Lets not discuss Rfactor 2 loading times. haha.

Phew! FInally managed to snag myself the FE 3090 from Scan today. Had really wanted the 3080 version, oh well you only live once.
£1399, I must have a bloody hole in the head, certainly got one in the pocket now.
I remember paying 25 quid & 40 number 6 for my first motor (Austin a35 van)..... How life's changed eh, lol.

All I need now is my G2 to turn up, went for one without controllers so may need some guidance setting up and use - totally new to WMR so entering a world of the unknown..... will be using a quest 2 in the meantime

Phew! FInally managed to snag myself the FE 3090 from Scan today. Had really wanted the 3080 version, oh well you only live once.
£1399, I must have a bloody hole in the head, certainly got one in the pocket now.
I remember paying 25 quid & 40 number 6 for my first motor (Austin a35 van)..... How life's changed eh, lol.

All I need now is my G2 to turn up, went for one without controllers so may need some guidance setting up and use - totally new to WMR so entering a world of the unknown..... will be using a quest 2 in the meantime
Ah, good old Players Nr. 6, aka coffin nails.Thankfully I managed to give up the old ciggies six years ago, more money for sim toys :)
Many moons ago, I used an A35 as a race transporter. I took all the seats out, except for the drivers seat, and could just squeeze my Greeves Silverstone in, with my tools and stuff. Raced at Caldwell Park mostly, as I was stationed at RAF Coningsby not far away. Happy days :)

Last edited:
In New Zealand you can pretty much get a 3090 anytime you want. Probably because median salary is mid 50k and a 3090 here is > $3k
Overclockers UK have 3090s in stock, and they've been in stock for a while now. £1700 though. If they were not in stock it would be a simple straight forward wait, but the temptation is there to buy one of them instead of waiting.

Overclockers UK have 3090s in stock, and they've been in stock for a while now. £1700 though. If they were not in stock it would be a simple straight forward wait, but the temptation is there to buy one of them instead of waiting.

The 3090 FE was on sale for around 4 hours yesterday at £1400 and AIB versions are popping up quite regularly on Amazon for around £1500 if you feel you have to go down that route. Don't get tempted to pay that OCUK tax!

The 3090 FE was on sale for around 4 hours yesterday at £1400 and AIB versions are popping up quite regularly on Amazon for around £1500 if you feel you have to go down that route. Don't get tempted to pay that OCUK tax!
I think I'm over the 3090 buying urge. The only problem with OCUK now is every week they get less and less cards. They seem to have stopped updating the thread saying when they get cards in, so I just have to sit and wait.

Got notification that cards came up on CCL but wasn't quick enough.

I think I'm over the 3090 buying urge. The only problem with OCUK now is every week they get less and less cards. They seem to have stopped updating the thread saying when they get cards in, so I just have to sit and wait.

Got notification that cards came up on CCL but wasn't quick enough.

I got my weekly review of where i am up to. Last friday i was 209. Today i am 204. So i guess you're right.

Assetto Corsa VR bench. Reverb G2: 100% SteamVR resolution. 100% AC resolution. CSP + SOL tuned and settings maxed out. Built in benchmark. First 90 seconds (when it's most stressful)(edited)

2080ti: +170 core +700 mem:
1607376219233.png

3090 FE:
1607376240447.png

In game settings:
1607376251376.png

https://acstuff.ru/s/SjMV CSP settings. CSP 0.1.60 and SOL 1.6.1

Summary: it's a massive jump in performance for VR and worth an upgrade (for me)

9900k 5.2ghz core 4.8ghz uncore. 16/4400mhz mem hand tuned. Z390 Apex.

Assetto Corsa VR bench. Reverb G2: 100% SteamVR resolution. 100% AC resolution. CSP + SOL tuned and settings maxed out. Built in benchmark. First 90 seconds (when it's most stressful)(edited)

2080ti: +170 core +700 mem:
View attachment 425248

3090 FE:
View attachment 425249

In game settings:
View attachment 425250

https://**********/s/SjMV CSP settings. CSP 0.1.60 and SOL 1.6.1

Summary: it's a massive jump in performance for VR and worth an upgrade (for me)

9900k 5.2ghz core 4.8ghz uncore. 16/4400mhz mem hand tuned. Z390 Apex.

At that price i bloody well hope so. :D

• Deleted member 197115

Fresh off the rumor mill

" All these cards are expected to launch in January next year."

e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x-to-doubt-memes-memesuper-la-noire-doubt-meme_419-238.png

I had my name down for a msi trio 3080 but the date had already slipped a couple of times.. New date was 17th dec but if it slips again who knows when.. You can pretty much go in to a store and get a zotac, pny, a few gigabyte eagles around but I didnt want any of them.

Patience got the better of me when a friend said he just picked up a asus tuf gaming oc.. so I went and got one as well. Didnt look at any reviews, just hope it was ok :)

Damn, now cooking dinner for the kids but I did manage to put it in and have a few laps.. Where my 1080ti wasn't quite sustaining 90 with the G2 and 80% SS this card was doing it right away hovering about 51% usage.. geez, cant wait to get the kids dealt with and see how much eye candy I cat put in and how far I can push the SS (this was in iracing)

I have a code for a free copy of Call Of Duty Cold War to give away. I believe it expires tomorrow.

First person to reply to this post can have it.

Please note: You must have a 3080 or 3090 for the code to work.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 24 24.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 22 22.7%
  • Prizes

Votes: 20 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 10 10.3%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 6.2%