Dev stream Q&A - Thursday Dec 4, 17.00 CET

dev-stream-thumbnail_resized-jpg.73618

Hi all,

Thursday the 4th of December at 17.00 CET we will have our next dev stream, which as the last time will be a show and tell of things to come and what we have been working on since last time.

This will also give us the opportunity to answer some of your questions. So if you have any questions please post them in this thread and we will answer them. Well at least as many of them as time allows!

the Dev stream will take place o twitch:
http://www.twitch.tv/raceroomracingexperience

And if you want to see the last dev streams then please check them out here:

Attachments

• dev-stream-thumbnail_resized.jpg
    dev-stream-thumbnail_resized.jpg
    556.3 KB · Views: 1,464
Seeing the cover page, I guess ADAC GT Masters 2014 will come soon.
1) Questions about GT Masters 2014:
In 2014, no more Nissan nor Ford GT. Therefore it looks ADAC 2014 will include many Mercedes and BMW + 2 Corvette and one Camaro. It's bit poor.
I entered RRE through GT Masters 2013 and really like it. If 2014 contains only theses 4 cars, and would be actually mainly a skin pack I'll probably stay with 2013 and its wider grid in term of diversity.
Any plan to include the Mc Laren? (one entered the championship and S3 have this model in store ; therefore it's surprising it's not in the picture)
- No plan for a "RUF" GT3R?
- No plan for a "Reiter" GT3?
I think pitstop will be included. So, only question will be about content of the pitstop?
Tires? fuel?
Will it include fuel consumption?

2) More generally, kind of telemetry would be welcome, as well as information about tyres and brakes temps, at least in garage during tests (like in real racing conditions).

3.4.5.6) Night racing, Spa, possibility to run with more than 23 IA and more Blancpain skins would be perfect: I could do my 2,4hours of Spa.

7) possibility to do multiclasses races.

Last edited:
On another note, but similar, I think the get real should be more strict. Cockpit only, manual, etc...

Maybe also have 'advanced' then above it get real...the reality of that car.

At this time there's a need to fix the boggus auto/manual Clutch thing.
For know you can't use manual clutch for sequential gearbox, as the type of gear box is not well implemented in the game.

Hey guys... Here are my questions :)

Will there be a better damage system? (especially DTM)
Could you name new racetracks for 2015?
Will there be all the tracks from WTCC 2013 and 2014?
Will there be animated pit crews?
Why is there only damage and tyre wear in the "Get Real" mode?
Do you know how long you will make DTM/WTCC/GT Masters Experiences? Can we expect 2015 versions for all 3 series?

Last edited:
On another note, but similar, I think the get real should be more strict. Cockpit only, manual, etc...

I disagree. Cockpit view is only 'realistic' if you have a 180 degrees surround screen of some type to allow for peripheral vision, like in a real car. Having chunks of your view permanently obstructed by pillars is not realistic when you only have one screen. Get Real is about the physics and the lack of aids, not the driving view.

I disagree. Cockpit view is only 'realistic' if you have a 180 degrees surround screen of some type to allow for peripheral vision, like in a real car. Having chunks of your view permanently obstructed by pillars is not realistic when you only have one screen. Get Real is about the physics and the lack of aids, not the driving view.

good point....I agree, but FOV can help. There has to be some common ground, as not driving in cockpit view is much easier than.

In a car you are still obstructed, albeit not as much as in a one monitor game. Some cars are horrible depending on a persons size.

In a real car you can glance all around, like you can on a good 3-screen setup. Without it, it just restricts your view for no good reason.

FoV does not help there, unless you like driving and feeling like you're wearing fish-eye-lens goggles... ? :laugh:

Anyway - let's shut up about this and let people get back on topic. Sorry S3 :redface:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back