Dev stream Q&A - Thursday Dec 4, 17.00 CET

dev-stream-thumbnail_resized-jpg.73618

Hi all,

Thursday the 4th of December at 17.00 CET we will have our next dev stream, which as the last time will be a show and tell of things to come and what we have been working on since last time.

This will also give us the opportunity to answer some of your questions. So if you have any questions please post them in this thread and we will answer them. Well at least as many of them as time allows!

the Dev stream will take place o twitch:
http://www.twitch.tv/raceroomracingexperience

And if you want to see the last dev streams then please check them out here:

Attachments

• dev-stream-thumbnail_resized.jpg
    dev-stream-thumbnail_resized.jpg
    556.3 KB · Views: 1,463
easier way to find people /
ingame ts
game recognises your settings and only shows servers in mp at that level (like gtr²)
less clicking to get from a-z

but at the end of the day ; i just want the gutys at s3e to suceed with what is a great concept

Andi

In the short term, a quick and easy idea to help people meet up on the same server to race - give them some kind of AlphaNumeric designation in the description so we can just say "Everyone jump on WTCC GR01 server, now".

That should require no 'programming' input, just change the string names in the list and use sensible abbreviations like GR - get real, AM - amateur, etc.

Just a thought. :thumbsup:

@Andi Goodwin an in-game TS would be cool but it mustn't be a simple voice over to avoid craziness. Can you imagine a full grid of chatters or trolls? :laugh: you can surely mute them... maybe by mapping a button that says mute it all in case of emergency during the race for example...
Idk probably external TS is still the best option, but if they come up with a cool solution... well great then!
Totally agree on a better MP interface and less clicking.

In the short term, a quick and easy idea to help people meet up on the same server to race - give them some kind of AlphaNumeric designation in the description so we can just say "Everyone jump on WTCC GR01 server, now".

That should require no 'programming' input, just change the string names in the list and use sensible abbreviations like GR - get real, AM - amateur, etc.

Just a thought. :thumbsup:
Yeah that would have been easy to implement and I don't know why they didn't put a "server name" column to make it easier for frienda to jump in... after all they added other fancy columns (mech failures, flags....)
Still, it's a placeholder so it'll be re-done by the time dedi-servers are done

easier way to find people /
ingame ts
Andi
Would be nice if the multiplayer races didn't just end and kick us back out to the lobby.
But let us hang around and chat after the race, maybe with a replay running in the background.
And also about finding people.
How about a tick box to click for friend invites with the people you just raced with?
I have had several good races, and afterwords been trying to search for those players, but with no luck.. .
The search system is really unreliable!

No luck with the codes...alright i am gonna live through it.
Thanks for answering my question nice to know f3 can be added if the animation problems get fixed.
QUICK SUM UP
Expect ADAC 14 in about two weeks.Mclaren mp4-12c is in in and also slovakiaring and sachsenring.Pit stop in multiplayer and driver evaluation coming with this patch.
Late december (or early january) dtm 92 with all cars of the season audi 80, bmw m3,mercedes 2,5,opel omega and mustang gt.No era specific tracks or any dtm 92 tracks has been mentioned.
Probably in late january or february 2015 wtcc 2014 pack with salzurbring, macau and spa.
Around that time we may see silverstone.
Later in 2015 be prepared for multiplayer beta with dedicated servers and league support.
Also coming are matchmaking new physics for older cars and several new liveries.
Last but not least they will try to have lambo or porsche in a way if they can.
Feel free to add or comment if i forgot something.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back