Resource icon

Tracks Deep Forest Raceway Ver 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Might be easier/better/more appropriate to adjust the reverse route AI lines/hints rather than alter the actual track itself.

Up to the OP what he prefers/what's realistic (no idea if it's even possible at this stage to smooth out the elevation changes) but I'd disagree with just editing the AI line/hints if there's a choice. Take the section at the 2nd tunnel (from the forward layout perspective) both in the forward and reverse direction, there's a severe bump/crest in the track that causes a GT3 car to go airborne. I can take that happily at maximum speed and not lose control of the car, but the AI are only navigating it at full speed successfully about 2/3 of the time from what I've seen as they're losing control upon landing. If you give them a hint to slow down, then by default I'm going to gain a huge chunk of time through that section, I would guess something like half a second based on experience, which is huge from a competitive point of view.

Up to the OP what he prefers/what's realistic (no idea if it's even possible at this stage to smooth out the elevation changes) but I'd disagree with just editing the AI line/hints if there's a choice. Take the section at the 2nd tunnel (from the forward layout perspective) both in the forward and reverse direction, there's a severe bump/crest in the track that causes a GT3 car to go airborne. I can take that happily at maximum speed and not lose control of the car, but the AI are only navigating it at full speed successfully about 2/3 of the time from what I've seen as they're losing control upon landing. If you give them a hint to slow down, then by default I'm going to gain a huge chunk of time through that section, I would guess something like half a second based on experience, which is huge from a competitive point of view.

Screenshot_rss_formula_rss_2_v6_deepforest_raceway_9-5-120-17-45-39.jpg

Yup, this is a common sight. AI likes to spin out there.

@DTM1120 I love the track, it brings back fond memories from GT1, it captures the look and feel perfectly IMO and also drives really well! Would it be possible to add a designated DRS zone on the start/finish straight if you have the time? At the momemt DRS is available everywhere on the track which makes the AI spin a lot (and me as well when I get overambitious :D). That'd make the track even more perfect (at least for me^^). Thanks again for this amazing track, keep up the great work!

@DTM1120 I'm struggling to like the new road mesh that you introduced in the update along with the reverse layout. IMO the original raod feel was perfect, but in the revised version I'm getting a lot of strong FFB 'spikes' as if I keep hitting potholes. It feels quite unrealistic and is stopping me from using the track.
If the updated mesh is your preferred version, is it possible to please release alternative kn5s for forward/reverse with the original physical mesh intact? I could just revert back to the original release but that one doesn't have the reverse layout. Thanks. I know I'm not the only one who much preferred the original road feel.

the track is not displayed correctly in the evening / night time. in the screenshot, the time is 20:20(sunset). in the daytime, everything is fine. all the other tracks that I have are displayed normally both day and night. How can I solve my problem? (sol 1.5.1 csp 0.1.52)
Assetto Corsa Screenshot 2020.05.16 - 19.56.05.01.png

Assetto Corsa Screenshot 2020.05.16 - 19.55.16.41.png

@DTM1120 I'm struggling to like the new road mesh that you introduced in the update along with the reverse layout. IMO the original raod feel was perfect, but in the revised version I'm getting a lot of strong FFB 'spikes' as if I keep hitting potholes. It feels quite unrealistic and is stopping me from using the track.
If the updated mesh is your preferred version, is it possible to please release alternative kn5s for forward/reverse with the original physical mesh intact? I could just revert back to the original release but that one doesn't have the reverse layout. Thanks. I know I'm not the only one who much preferred the original road feel.
Any interest in this? I find the track unplayable with the current mesh. It's like hitting big potholes every twenty yards.

Hey, that auto translate is actually not too bad, except for the poll options.

Question about Deep Forest
About the surface bump mesh that I added with the reverse layout

I would like to ask you:

1. Don't want it
2. Want it
3. Decrease/diminish/lower it a little would be okay

After seeing that fun video by RustyRussell84 seems like I need to give this a shot.

Hey, that auto translate is actually not too bad, except for the poll options.

Question about Deep Forest
About the surface bump mesh that I added with the reverse layout

I would like to ask you:

1. Don't want it
2. Want it
3. Decrease/diminish/lower it a little would be okay

After seeing that fun video by RustyRussell84 seems like I need to give this a shot.
Well, if I understand correctly, it seems the poll results so far indicate that those polled are happy with the bumpy mesh.
Isn't there a smooth layout somewhere out there in the wilds?

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 11 68.8%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 5 31.3%