Resource icon

Database Decreased Tyre Wear + 10x Flashback 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
There's more, it also causes my pit stop strategy to be gone :p In other words, in the HUD there isn't shown in what lap I need to pit in. It says LAP - STOP in case of LAP 12 STOP.

Am I right that the car hud doesn't show the tyre status anymore when i use this mod?
BTW is working for me in carrer tyres look after 10 rounds malaysia completely new and the hud shows that they are dark red.

There's more, it also causes my pit stop strategy to be gone :p In other words, in the HUD there isn't shown in what lap I need to pit in. It says LAP - STOP in case of LAP 12 STOP.

Perhaps your values are too extreme then? I'm still curious, how does the AI pit strategy look when you made these changes?

Here's my results:
Values -0.5; -0.25, 0 ( original): Pit Laps 5, 11, 19 (game settings, unmodified), China, Red (Used) Tyre Warning Lap 5, three corners before sector 3, AI Pit Lap 5

Values -0.625; -0.3125, -0.15625 (Original +25%; last is 50% of the setting above it, since it was 0 before): Pit Laps 6, 12, 21 (game settings, unmodified), China, Red (Used) Tyre Warning Lap 6 First corner, AI Pit Lap 6

Values -0.625; -0.3125, -0.15625 (Original +25%) + max_distance decrease 25%: Pit Laps 5, 10, 16, 22 (game settings, unmodified) China, Red (Used) Tyre Warning Lap 6 Sector 3 entry AI Pit Lap 5

All races were at 50% length. I chose China because Australia is a 1 stop race no matter the setting, and Malaysia is always wet. China was dry and good to go, so, I started from the back of the pack and wrote things down as they happened. Up to you how you interpret the results.

EDIT: Ah, by the way guys, in the database folder, there's a third file besides database and schema called database_restrictions. XML file. Could it be the source of our problems?

Here's my results:
Values -0.5; -0.25, 0 ( original): Pit Laps 5, 11, 19 (game settings, unmodified), China, Red (Used) Tyre Warning Lap 5, three corners before sector 3, AI Pit Lap 5

Values -0.625; -0.3125, -0.15625 (Original +25%; last is 50% of the setting above it, since it was 0 before): Pit Laps 6, 12, 21 (game settings, unmodified), China, Red (Used) Tyre Warning Lap 6 First corner, AI Pit Lap 6

Values -0.625; -0.3125, -0.15625 (Original +25%) + max_distance decrease 25%: Pit Laps 5, 10, 16, 22 (game settings, unmodified) China, Red (Used) Tyre Warning Lap 6 Sector 3 entry AI Pit Lap 5

All races were at 50% length. I chose China because Australia is a 1 stop race no matter the setting, and Malaysia is always wet. China was dry and good to go, so, I started from the back of the pack and wrote things down as they happened. Up to you how you interpret the results.

EDIT: Ah, by the way guys, in the database folder, there's a third file besides database and schema called database_restrictions. XML file. Could it be the source of our problems?

Thanks for running an empirical test. Looks to me that the conclusions that can be drawn is
1) that modifying these values is the only sure way to produce changes in Career Mode
2) modifying these values also results in changes to AI tyre wear/pit strategy

I noticed the database_restrictions.XML file but I don't have the expertise necessary to interpret or understand it. Hopefully someone out there might have an idea.

EDIT: I'm almost tempted to delete that XML file completely to see if it would open up all these opportunities for modding...

Thanks for running an empirical test. Looks to me that the conclusions that can be drawn is
1) that modifying these values is the only sure way to produce changes in Career Mode

I noticed the database_restrictions.XML file but I don't have the expertise necessary to interpret or understand it. Hopefully someone out there might have an idea.

EDIT: I'm almost tempted to delete that XML file completely to see if it would open up all these opportunities for modding...

Just put it in another folder in case you need it again.

And, you're welcome. It wasn't that hard though.

Also, I think I should do one more test, with a 50% increase in the Values area and a 50% decrease in the max_distance setting. Maybe I'll run into a proper way to make a rather decent mod for tyre wear, you know, with AI still pitting as they should but with the tyres not being on red when we pit. Should I test that too?

Just put it in another folder in case you need it again.

And, you're welcome. It wasn't that hard though.

Also, I think I should do one more test, with a 50% increase in the Values area and a 50% decrease in the max_distance setting. Maybe I'll run into a proper way to make a rather decent mod for tyre wear, you know, with AI still pitting as they should but with the tyres not being on red when we pit. Should I test that too?

If you could somehow find a way to make that work then by all means, go for it! When I get back from work I'll try to see if I can crack the database_restrictions.xml file and see if that can present any answers.

One thing I know is that the file wasn't there in F1 2012.

All it says is this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<database_restrictions />

i try with 0,001 in front tyre wears and rear tyre wears with lotus after the modification of database you must RESTART your career for the application of changing i tried in melbourne and with my super soft tyre are new in the begin of the race and wear down slowly. Have a good game and sorry for my bad english

Come on I believe in you ! Show CM that you are the bosses !!! I love my game but hate it because of the tyre wear being the same like in F1 2011

Nope, looks like anything higher than these values:

Will make the tyres last for the whole race. So, now it's time to fool around with other settings. I'm not giving up on this that easily...

Hi friends!

I have made these changes but in my career there are no differences. Everything is the same...

In single races the changes are OK but in career there aren't. Do I have to restart the career?

Thanks in advance for your answers. ;)

So... it looks like if you don't have that database restrictions file in your database folder, the game will freeze when it checks for DLC... Good to know...

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 17 24.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 16 23.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 14 20.3%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 10.1%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 7.2%