Resource icon

Database Decreased Tyre Wear + 10x Flashback 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Alex. Yes your career remains unaffected since editing the tyre wear rate changes nothing fundamental to your saves or progress within the database bin. Tests show that the effect is immediate, so no career start seems necessary either.

awesome :D
i´ll try it and configure it to my own needs
rixx, how it is with ur values?

I ran a decrease in distance by 25% minus, so I could test quickly, and check game stability. All good, so I'm running the values i posted now. I'm loading up a 50% race at China right now as that's where I am in Career mode, will report back after pit 1. But I should imagine the extra 1.5 laps I will get now per 6 laps will just make it that little bit more fair considering the A,I are not affected by tyre wear.

Already I notice a decrease in wear, and yeah I had 8 sec gap in Malaysia 3 laps left the A.I were putting in fastest laps on tires older than mine which were completely worn and I iust made it to the end with second place 0.101 sec behind lol :laugh:

I have a solution for career mode. Instead of editing the values mentioned, go to the 'tyres' tab and change the 'max_distance' percentage to a higher value for the tyre you want to last longer.

Great thanks! Does this affect the AI as well, or just the player?

That's a good question. I'm running a 50 % at China right now, just having fag break lol. But, seeing as tyre wear doesn't affect A.I, it is reasonable to assume it doesn't affect them. Just the player.

I suppose that's not too bad. So just to confirm everything:

By increasing the values under the "tyre --> max_distance" tab by 25%, you have effectively increased the duration the tyres last by approximately 25% laps, yes?

No, 25% more of what ever amount of laps you were getting before. So for me, I originally had 6 laps on Supersofts (before they were gone based on my car set up), now I get around 7.5 laps, which is a 25% increase. So for every 10 laps, I get 2.5 extra now. :). Effectively yes, 25% more laps out of 100 laps theoretical, but like I say, It also depends on your camber/toe and driving style.

(Edited for grammar/better reading)

No, 25% more of what ever amount of laps you were getting before. So for me, I originally had 6 laps on Supersofts (before they were gone based on my car set up), now I get around 7.5 laps, which is a 25% increase. So for every 10 laps, I get 2.5 extra now. :)

Haha yes, that's what I meant. Good to know. I'll try this out tomorrow but at least I can sleep easy tonight.

I have a solution for career mode. Instead of editing the values mentioned, go to the 'tyres' tab and change the 'max_distance' percentage to a higher value for the tyre you want to last longer.
That was indeed the other option I had in mind :p But when you look ingame how long the tyres will last then you'll see 69 laps for a super soft, for example :p I was like, meh, let's try to keep it realistic.

That was indeed the other option I had in mind :p But when you look ingame how long the tyres will last then you'll see 69 laps for a super soft, for example :p I was like, meh, let's try to keep it realistic.

You definitely can keep it realistic this way by enlarging the percentage slightly it has made all the difference for me! Now I have to manage tyres but I'm not crucified right before pitting.

Yea true story. I like tyre management but it was way too dramatic. Like at Montreal the AI pits in around lap 12, I have to pit at lap 8 or so ... Ok, I often slide slightly which causes tyres to wear faster. But still, it was too extreme.

Thank you so much for the for this ,and for telling us how to edit , as you can see Im newbie on editing stuff on f1 2013 and the site too, so thank you I will try this ;)

btw sorry for the off-topic since I used those values with Ego Database is there any change to edit the race distance DEFAULT (25% ,50% ,100%) to add 75% ????:rolleyes:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 215 14.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 215 14.4%