Resource icon

Database Decreased Tyre Wear + 10x Flashback 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
BlazingRiCO submitted a new resource:

Decreased Tyre Wear + 10x Flashback - F1 2013 Database Flashback Tyre Wear

For those who find the tyre wear too dramatic (including myself).

I've added 2 database files with a 25% decrease and with a 50% decrease.
Values are still the same compared to the teams itself, only lowered.

And as a 'bonus' I upped the flashbacks to 10 for all difficulties.

Back up your files before installing the mod to avoid issues with the game.

Read more about this resource...

Would you mind explaining how you reduced the tyre wear in the database? Just for the sake of knowledge. Also, thanks!

So you open database with the EGO Database Editor. Then you go to the f1teams tab and look for front_tyre_wear and rear_tyre_wear (shown in the screens I've added). There you can just edit the values.

Is there a difference between editing values of front_tyre_wear and rear_tyre_wear instead of editing values on the track_tyre_wear_level category?

No need to restart your career, that's for sure. I actually don't know if you need to restart or just can continue within the race and mod will have effect.

EDIT: does not seem to work in career mode indeed :s Damn Codies --' It does work in Grand Prix mode

Last edited:
Oh yes I just tried it and noticed no change in tire wear to previous levels. I edited my own database with the values given in both the 25 and 50% just to be sure, hopefully its just a matter of editing another set of variables? But thanks for the effort all the same!

I have a solution for career mode. Instead of editing the values mentioned, go to the 'tyres' tab and change the 'max_distance' percentage to a higher value for the tyre you want to last longer.

Edit: After further testing, this doesn't work, although I thought it did at first. My apologies.

Last edited:
Will try that now, thanks! Will report back once I have raced to first pit :).

-- Just in-case anyone was wondering -- I tested them by increasing wear so I didn't have to spend too long racing for 25 mins. I lost 1.5 laps. So it works as auro said.

I changed each tyre for uniform increase values of + 25%.

So; as seen in original database (always to two decimal places)
Supersoft = 24.29 now 30.36
Soft = 34.7 now 43.37
Medium = 47.71 now 59.63
Hard = 60.73 now 75.91
Inters = 47.71 now 59.63
Monsoon (Wets) = 60.73 now 75.91

I simply found 25% of 24.29 on the calculator, then added that to the original value, so for example;

25% of 24.29 = 6.0725, *I then added 6.07 to 24.29 (remember, two decimal places only) which returned 30.36 for the Supersoft tyres. To keep it safe I then used the same method for increase for each tyre type so there is still uniform behaviour in-game.

You'll notice the wet tyre's carry the same values for Medium and Hard. +25% increase distance is equivalent of *gaining* 1.5 laps per every 6 laps on the *super soft tires.

I used a calculator.

Cheers.

*Sorry fixed typo's confused myself it's 3 A.M in U.K.

Attachments

• Tyre Wear +25% Increase Values.jpg
    Tyre Wear +25% Increase Values.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 1,286
  • Original Tyre Ware Values F1 2013.jpg
    Original Tyre Ware Values F1 2013.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 1,223
Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 295 15.3%