Resource icon

Database Decreased Tyre Wear + 10x Flashback 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
yes you have to restart your career for the changing
No you don't. Just start a fresh race, not from a mid-session save

@Camacho: Just wait a little, one of us will update this resource once we managed to get things right..

And talking about things got right, check this out, guys:

Screenshot28290_zpsf6f1bfa1.png

Lap 9, tyres barely hit red. I think I run into something rather interesting here. I'll keep fooling around and see if it actually works.

Can someone please explain scaled? Because I understood that CM made the game like:
Lap 9 tyres are completely down. Does it mean its sensless that i try to brake smooth because the tyre wear is already determined? Am i right or did i get it wrong?

There could be something to do with db table track_tyre_wear_level and numbers in there. I noticed all tracks (except Monaco) in track_car_handling table have either level 1, 2 or 3 and all tracks that are hard on tyres have number 3.

Edit: I'm an idiot, I just saw it's been covered already. Sorry. :whistling:

Last edited:
Another screenshot for you guys:

Screenshot27589_zps005783ca.png

Tyres last around 10 laps, depending on the driving style. I'm an aggressive driver, break hard, hit kerbs, touch grass, start fish-tailing (cause I'm not used to the control yet), and yet I can drive 10 laps with them.

So, question time: AI Pit stops. In the previous screenshot, I was 9th because the AI pitted on lap 8. In this one I'm second because the AI pitted on lap 5. If AI pits on lap 5, the default pit stop strategy for you consists of 3 pit stops, if the AI stops on lap 10, your default pit stop strategy consists of 2 pit stops. Which one do you want?

You mean pit stop strategy in general or for this track only ? If you mean the first, then the pit stop strategy that reflects the best how it is in real life or the one that they most use average.

You mean pit stop strategy in general or for this track only ? If you mean the first, then the pit stop strategy that reflects the best how it is in real life or the one that they most use average.

Currently I've not tested any other tracks, just this one. I will test them all tomorrow, but, for now, I just want to know how much to fool the AI for tyre life? AI relies on the max_distance setting to adjust their pit stops, so, even if we can drive 5 more laps with our tyres, they will pit because that's what their algorithms says. So, what I'm asking is pretty much, how long do you plan to hold onto those tyres? 5 laps or 8 laps?

I personally would hold on for 5 laps. I try to drive professionally, but I often brake hard, take kerbs also and slide sometimes out of a corner due to early acceleration.

Test ALL the tracks? That's a lot to ask of one person. I'll try to apply those settings myself. In fact, is it absolutely necessary to modify max_distance if you only modify track_tyre_wear_level by 25%? It seems like that would even it out so that the AI would pit around the same time as you.

Melboure, full race length (after running into some problems with the 50% race length):

Screenshot47455_zps814de47a.png

Pit was supposed to be on lap 12, tyres didn't give any worn out warning until lap 17. Once again +5 laps resistance.

Test ALL the tracks? That's a lot to ask of one person. I'll try to apply those settings myself. In fact, is it absolutely necessary to modify max_distance if you only modify track_tyre_wear_level by 25%? It seems like that would even it out so that the AI would pit around the same time as you.

It's just 19 tracks, I'm not gonna do full races, just race until the first worn out warning shows up, then retire and continue on with the next race. On that matter, does any of you know if Force India will fire me halfway through the season for not having any results? I want to test all the tracks with the same car, but I don't exactly feel like doing the whole race.

As for the settings, I fooled around with so many of them, I don't really remember what I did to get a better resistance. So, guess the only way you could test too is if you have my database. Thanks a lot though.

Anyway, I'm going to sleep. 1.14 AM here, and I feel really tired after today. I'll continue tomorrow.

Last edited:
hi,
I tried to follow your interesting conversation, but my English is not very good.
can you tell me if you have found a solution to the degradation of the tires?
which values have to be modified?
thanks

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back